• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Wanted: FT314 (May 2014)

brokenhillman

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hello all, new forum member here (though reading FT since the '90s).
I missed FT 314 and recently tried to order a copy from Dennis Publishing, only to be told it's out of stock. A few weeks of regular eBay searching has proved fruitless too. Not sure why this relatively recent issue has proved so elusive - perhaps the superhero cover attracted more attention in shops than usual?
Anyway, would anyone happen to have a spare copy they'd be willing to sell please?

(Well, although this is so far a conversation with myself, I'll post a follow-up in case anyone reads this in future.)

I now have the magazine, thanks to a kindly eBay seller who agreed to extract one issue for me from an unsold bundle of around 40 back issues of FT.

The thought occurs that my logic around the apparent scarcity of the issue in my first posting may seem opaque. I was originally assuming that unsold copies end up somehow being "sold off cheaply" or otherwise disposed of in a re-sellable state. However, on reflection I suppose that they're more likely to be pulped. Therefore an issue selling in greater-than-usual numbers would presumably be *easier* to find on the second hand market, completely contrary to my original speculation.

Now to track down the thunderbird photo… .

Back