• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Warm Ghosts

In all seriousness, I wonder if any of the encounters in sex with ghosts ever mention warmth associated with the phenomenon?

You know how ghosts are associated with the cold, and some people believe a cold spot in a building is proof of the supernatural, etc? Are there any instances of warm spots or warm sensations associated with ghosts instead?
Dunno but I know a few people who might. I've never experienced a potentially paranormal warm spot so to speak. A weird one was when me and someone else had to go outside and vomit for no discernible reason about 45 minutes apart but then that's an All Saint's Church in Santon investigation for you, the place is highly active. That would have warmed us up I suppose, neither of us were unwell or drunk or on medication etc before that happened and we both felt fine afterwards. I have live hand written notes so will have that on record, date and time.

Last edited:
Dunno but I know a few people who might. I've never experienced a potentially paranormal warm spot so to speak. A weird one was when me and someone else had to go outside and vomit for no discernible reason about 45 minutes apart but then that's an All Saint's Church in Santon investigation for you, the place is highly active. That would have warmed us up I suppose, neither of us were unwell or drunk or on medication etc before that happened and we both felt fine afterwards. I hand write live notes so will have that on record, date and time.

I suppose vomit is warm, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for!

Thinking about this, there are poltergeists who light fires, but I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for either...

I suppose vomit is warm, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for!

Thinking about this, there are poltergeists who light fires, but I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for either...
I can't talk for all investigators ('hunters' .. haha give me a break) but I've never felt a warm spot instead and none of my team have either .. or any other teams we've been out with. Not that I've been told of anyway. No reports yet from our lot.

I can't talk for all investigators ('hunters' .. haha give me a break) but I've never felt a warm spot instead and none of my team have either .. or any other teams we've been out with. Not that I've been told of anyway. No reports yet from our lot.

Hmm, even in non-haunted houses that have cold spots, you never hear of a house with a warm spot, do you? A warm room or two, perhaps, cold rooms as well, but not warm spots.

Hmm, even in non-haunted houses that have cold spots, you never hear of a house with a warm spot, do you? A warm room or two, perhaps, cold rooms as well, but not warm spots.
Ah now, there's where you're wrong. :D

My house has a warm spot. In fact it has two, which I've only within the last year or so realised are on top of each other, i.e. on different floors.

Last mentioned in October -
It's a place in the house that often feels warm, both in the kitchen and along the landing above. I paint marks on the cooker switches so I can tell at a glance that I haven't left the gas on. After about 25 years I'm used to it.

Before that, last July -

Warm spots -
One is on the upstairs landing. As I reach the halfway point of the landing I can feel warmth on one side next to the wall.

When we moved here many years ago the central heating was faulty so we'd have to switch it on and off manually.
I'd feel the warmth on the landing and think 'I don't remember putting the heating on!' and touch the radiator, to find it cold.

Later I had new central heating installed and removed the landing radiator, but I still feel warmth along there.

The other warm spot is in the kitchen. We had a wall built and put the new gas cooker against it.
I couldn't get it connected for several months while we waited to have a pipe installed.

Even so, the cooker area always felt warm. I'd assume someone had left a ring or the grill on but - no gas!
The cooker was eventually connected and is in daily use. When I'm near it I often feel heat and check the controls to be sure it's not on.

To save time I have even painted marks on the controls to show which position they're in, so I can tell at a glance. That’s how normal it seems.
The heat is not fierce, but more like a gentle glow. It feels like being close to a radiator or grill.

Most weirdly, the two ‘hot spots’ are situated on top of each other, in the kitchen and on the landing. My cooker is the first to be installed in that position after we had the ground floor remodelled. As usual, I’m baffled.

The warm spots aren't always there but this last couple of days I've felt them. Found myself looking at the cooker knobs to check they're off, with the dots I painted on.

There's a warm spot in my little cottage, about half way down the 'middle' room. It puzzled me at first, but I've since realised that it's probably where the house next door have their airing cupboard. If it's against the wall, then warmth is going to seep through, even with our 2 foot thick walls.

My house has a warm spot. In fact it has two, which I've only within the last year or so realised are on top of each other, i.e. on different floors.

Before that, last July -

The warm spots aren't always there but this last couple of days I've felt them. Found myself looking at the cooker knobs to check they're off, with the dots I painted on.

Well, hush my mouth! But do you think the warm spots are supernatural, or just a quirk of the atmosphere/architecture? I wouldn't care to hazard a guess at what caused them.

Though thinking further, if a ghost is displacing or affecting the air and atmosphere, would it not be warm anyway? You don't get cold energy, do you? So a ghost should by reason be warm, if it is a physical phenomenon.

So a ghost should by reason be warm, if it is a physical phenomenon.
I think the usual reasoning is that the ghost is absorbing energy out of its environment in order to carry out its spooky business (noises, moving things, becoming visible). Like if you had a bar of chocolate to keep you going innit. So it turns the warmth into some other form of energy (cos like energy can't be created or destroyed but it can be transformed). And you feel the resultant chill :)
who knows eh?!

Well, hush my mouth! But do you think the warm spots are supernatural, or just a quirk of the atmosphere/architecture? I wouldn't care to hazard a guess at what caused them.

Though thinking further, if a ghost is displacing or affecting the air and atmosphere, would it not be warm anyway? You don't get cold energy, do you? So a ghost should by reason be warm, if it is a physical phenomenon.
I dunno. We're used to it.

The house has quite a few quirks (ghost cats, night time footsteps, phantom drips, the door that attacked a workman, etc) and in the house before this one there was a steady cascade of jewels falling from the ceiling.

Before that, last July -

Do you have central heating? i have warm spots on the floor where the heating pipes run beneath.

Do you have central heating? i have warm spots on the floor where the heating pipes run beneath.
It happened when we first moved in.

The boiler was faulty so we'd switch it on and off manually. I'd feel warmth on the landing, assume I'd left the boiler on and feel the radiator to find it cold.

Even after the landing radiator was removed and not replaced the warm spot would still be felt.

Later when the boiler was removed and we had no heating at all for some months* both warm spots were still there.

The downstairs spot was over the brand new gas cooker which didn't work because there was no gas pipe to it!
I had to have the pipe installed off the main as there had never been a gas cooker in the house before.

So the warm spots were still there when we had no central heating in the house.

As I've mentioned, I painted dots on the cooker knobs so I can check at a glance if I've left the heat on because it so often it feels warm nearby.

Lately it's happened a lot. I'm hoping it's the heat of a huge Lottery win drawing nearer. ;)

*Over the winter. Yes, I am a genius.

Last edited:
I met a warm ghost once.

Sat me down, made me a cuppa and told me everything would be alright.

I met a warm ghost once.

Sat me down, made me a cuppa and told me everything would be alright.
I don't know about the tea, but an old friend swore blind that's exactly the message his brother appeared - as in, materialised - to deliver after he'd been shot dead behind the wheel of his hire car in Florida. Physical warmth was never mentioned, but he took great comfort from it, in what were - unsurprisingly enough - otherwise extremely traumatic circumstances.

I don't know about the tea, but an old friend swore blind that's exactly the message his brother appeared - as in, materialised - to deliver after he'd been shot dead behind the wheel of his hire car in Florida. Physical warmth was never mentioned, but he took great comfort from it, in what were - unsurprisingly enough - otherwise extremely traumatic circumstances.
I have so many questions to ask about this.

It happened when we first moved in.

The boiler was faulty so we'd switch it on and off manually. I'd feel warmth on the landing, assume I'd left the boiler on and feel the radiator to find it cold.

Even after the landing radiator was removed and not replaced the warm spot would still be felt.

Later when the boiler was removed and we had no heating at all for some months* both warm spots were still there.

The downstairs spot was over the brand new gas cooker which didn't work because there was no gas pipe to it!
I had to have the pipe installed off the main as there had never been a gas cooker in the house before.

So the warm spots were still there when we had no central heating in the house.

As I've mentioned, I painted dots on the cooker knobs so I can check at a glance if I've left the heat on because it so often it feels warm nearby.

Lately it's happened a lot. I'm hoping it's the heat of a huge Lottery win drawing nearer. ;)

*Over the winter. Yes, I am a genius.
Get the house checked for signs of radioactivity.

The kitchen warm spot has been active again lately. I've felt it quite a few times over the last couple of weeks.

As usual the cooker feels warm as I walk by and I stop and turn back to ensure I haven't left it on.
This only takes a second as the controls have dots painted on to show if they're on, which I did because I was having to check so often.

Just now, for the first time, it got Techy. He'd walked back and to a few times while feeding the cats, putting the milk away etc and then as he passed near the cooker he felt the heat. Like a warm glow, as if the oven was on with the door open. He's astounded. :chuckle:

Back