• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Was I Walked Through?

Gravenwee21524

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Whilst on the way to work (on foot) I was minding my own business when a very elderly looking lady rounded the corner and seemed to be heading straight for me, she must have been 90 odd but was travelling at quiet a pace!, due to the lack of space on the pavement (street furniture and those green NTL? boxes) I had to turn sideways to avoid a collision, yet she passed through me. She was dressed like it was ladies day at Ascot, complete with big hat, she was also holding a gold envelope and had a thousand yard stare, when I turned around she was not there. The area where it happened also afforded me another strange experience last year when I saw (and briefly spoke to) a workmate (who had passed away, but I didn't know this as I was on holiday) she called my name and asked me which way to go? I asked her what was she on about? and she repeated the question and then walked off. The area is the wells road in Nottingham, a friend of mine suggested paranormal activity often occurs near wells and/or natural springs (the wells are covered up and have been for years)..............any thoughts?

Well the first event sounds like a time-slip and the second like a farewell visit.

A swift Google found no previous reported incidents there but I see the area is riddled with tunnels:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottingham's_Tunnels

I suppose some will always say such events are brief hallucintations brought on by tiredness but I always like the idea of portals opening on the past in urban locations. Thanks for posting. :)

We'll need a tediously detailed description of the process of being passed through, please! :D

I second that emotion. Details please.

I've been passed by, passed over, passed around, passed out, made passes at (rarely), and past all hope, but never passed through.

IamSundog said:
I second that emotion. Details please.

I've been passed by, passed over, passed around, passed out, made passes at (rarely), and past all hope, but never passed through.

HA!

All I can say is, she walked towards me as if I wasn't there, I made a feeble bid to turn sideways to avoid collision but the old girl was on a mission, she was in front of me, then behind me as if I wasn't there, no tingling sensation, no feelings, nothing!, I am interested in the gold envelope she was so boldly carrying........

Gravenwee21524 said:
All I can say is, she walked towards me as if I wasn't there, I made a feeble bid to turn sideways to avoid collision but the old girl was on a mission, she was in front of me, then behind me as if I wasn't there, no tingling sensation, no feelings, nothing!, I am interested in the gold envelope she was so boldly carrying........

Maybe she was late for announcing the winners at an award ceremony?

gncxx said:
Gravenwee21524 said:

Maybe she was late for announcing the winners at an award ceremony?

She did look like she was on the way to some old school posh shindig, it was 8am though, at first I thought she had 'escaped' from the new dementia care home that was nearby

When the woman passed by you, were you looking at her or facing the other way? You mention turning sideways.

norton51 said:
When the woman passed by you, were you looking at her or facing the other way? You mention turning sideways.

I was looking at her, she was looking a thousand miles in the distance, I turned away like one might if in a car crash?

Gravenwee21524 said:
I was looking at her, she was looking a thousand miles in the distance, I turned away like one might if in a car crash?

So you never saw her walk through you, yes?

norton51 said:
Gravenwee21524 said:

So you never saw her walk through you, yes?

there was a mother and three children with a fence behind them one side, me with the main road behind me, nowhere for the old girl to go

Maybe she was one of the 2D cut out people from another thread and turned sideways to get past?

vaguely similar to the op enough to put here i hope and i really cant get less than 3000 hits on the search function...
theres been very little of strange interest happen just recently except for three odd things. the first happened as i was doing the last few jobs before going to bed-putting the washing on, feeding the various hairies and making a drink. It was quite late, about 1.45 and i was standing in the kitchen waiting for the microwave to do its thing when i felt a finger run across the back of my neck.As the only other person around was the dog (and he was standing in front of me) this made me jump so much that i actually crashed into the kitchen cupboard door handle, severely inconveniencing my knee. Made my drink and hotfooted it upstairs.
the second was a couple of weeks later, i had just got into bed-i know :roll: , but as it happens i still had to share my cocoa with the dog and don my nightcap, i hadnt even finished a page of the book i was reading so maybe five mins had passed. i was laying on my side facing the lamp and the wall when i felt in quick succession three hands being placed flat palms on my back at shoulder level. This happened several times very fast-at first when i would have thought i would have leapt up shrieking i sort of froze and just thought 'oh thats strange', then started to get a bit freaked and was wondering how many leaps it would take to make the bedroom door at which point it stopped. i did not want to turn round for any money, so slid out of bed and went back downstairs for 5 mins pacing and not wanting to go back up. which of course i had to do eventually and all was as it should be.
The last which happened maybe a fortnight ago, i was making the fire in the morning and crouching down to lay it prior to lighting it. as i crouched i was pushed on my bottom. This had the effect of tipping me forward and i had to stop myself on the front of the fire, so good job i hadnt lit it yet. I presumed it was the dog so turned round to tell him off only to find nobody. (he in fact was in his bed in the kitchen).
This has not happened before, (with the touching i mean), lots of noises things moving around etc previously. could this be an un-natural progression? :shock:

On the subject of being walked through...

There is an Antique shop here that I like to mooch around

The back area of the shop used to be open and had larger items in it , tables, chairs etc.
I was walking toward the back of said shop one day when I felt a passing 'buzz' which affected my left hand side very briefly and in the instant before I had time to analyse what had caused it I instantly knew that I had passed through some 'other energy' and I said 'sorry'.
Never felt anything like it before or since

Hmmm, interesting.

My brother was "walked though" once. It was at our grandparents house, which had several ghosts in residence. One was our grandfather's uncle, name of Joe. Uncle Joe was one of those "regular" type hauntings. He'd make his usual rounds about the house like clockwork, you know - come home from work every night at 11, wipe his feet on the mat and walk into the kitchen for a late supper - that kind of thing. That sounds like it might have been scary but not in the least. He was quite a comforting presence. Not everyone could see him, but we could all hear him quite well.

Anyway...one day, brother was standing in front of the fire at our grandparents house when he heard Uncle Joe's footsteps walking their usual path across the room (we were all used to this and it was nothing to get excited about). Suddenly, the footsteps turned and started heading straight toward him (this was not usual and brother was very alarmed. :shock:) According to bro, when Uncle Joe passed through him he felt an overwhelming sense of dread, as if something terrible was going to happen (as if being walked through by a ghost wasn't bad enough, I guess). Indeed, there was a death in the family within a day.

Brother later heard that Uncle Joe had done this once before, preceeding another tragic event, but details were sketchy. Anyway, I'm just glad it wasn't me standing in front of the fire that particular day. That's one Fortean experience I'm glad to have missed!

I had an experience many years ago, i was standing in the middle of my living room and, with no warning, i felt something evil enter just to the right side of my heart, it lasted only a few seconds, but the feeling was of pure evil. Never had it since, thank the lord for that.

:lol: that would have been nicer :p
It is difficult to describe, it was like i walked thro a tiny bit of evil, it didnt hit me, it was suddenly inside me, there was no pain at all, just that evil feeling. Sorry, its just hard to descibe :blush:

I think I posted this awhile back.

I decided once to pass through something weird. I was cycling home along the local cycle track after working late it would have been close to midnight. Up ahead of me was a large mist or fog, 7 foot high to 5 feet across hovering a few feet off the ground and sort of egg-shaped. Like sea mist which is not uncommon as I live near the coast, but never at this low point of the track. The rest of the night was clear as a bell.

The Fog patch was moving slowly north to south. The wind was blowing east to west, about 15mph, (As a cyclist with a long commute I always check wind speed and direction before going to and leaving work), and that's what got my attention and is seemed to be moving independently of the conditions.

Anyhow I made up my mind to cycle through it which resulted in a drop of several degrees temperature - like walking into those big walk in freezers and then I passed through and the mist had gone.

here it is: http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/my-misty-flatmate.55111/#post-1381711

Years ago when I was organizing / leading the local Support & Meeting Group for Anomalous Experiencers (not the actual group name) here in Austin, Texas, I was told by an attendee that he'd "seen" something enter me while I was standing in the hallway talking to another meeting attendee after that day's get-together. Kind of like what New Agers call "Walk-Ins" only I had no sensation of anything weird or knowledge of this aside from his report.

vaguely similar to the op enough to put here i hope and i really cant get less than 3000 hits on the search function...
theres been very little of strange interest happen just recently except for three odd things. the first happened as i was doing the last few jobs before going to bed-putting the washing on, feeding the various hairies and making a drink. It was quite late, about 1.45 and i was standing in the kitchen waiting for the microwave to do its thing when i felt a finger run across the back of my neck.As the only other person around was the dog (and he was standing in front of me) this made me jump so much that i actually crashed into the kitchen cupboard door handle, severely inconveniencing my knee. Made my drink and hotfooted it upstairs.
the second was a couple of weeks later, i had just got into bed-i know :roll: , but as it happens i still had to share my cocoa with the dog and don my nightcap, i hadnt even finished a page of the book i was reading so maybe five mins had passed. i was laying on my side facing the lamp and the wall when i felt in quick succession three hands being placed flat palms on my back at shoulder level. This happened several times very fast-at first when i would have thought i would have leapt up shrieking i sort of froze and just thought 'oh thats strange', then started to get a bit freaked and was wondering how many leaps it would take to make the bedroom door at which point it stopped. i did not want to turn round for any money, so slid out of bed and went back downstairs for 5 mins pacing and not wanting to go back up. which of course i had to do eventually and all was as it should be.
The last which happened maybe a fortnight ago, i was making the fire in the morning and crouching down to lay it prior to lighting it. as i crouched i was pushed on my bottom. This had the effect of tipping me forward and i had to stop myself on the front of the fire, so good job i hadnt lit it yet. I presumed it was the dog so turned round to tell him off only to find nobody. (he in fact was in his bed in the kitchen).
This has not happened before, (with the touching i mean), lots of noises things moving around etc previously. could this be an un-natural progression? :shock:

This has reminded me of something that I experienced a few times, a couple of years ago (or so... time passes so quickly its hard to tell sometimes). So it's not really a 'walked through' as in the OP, but it is similar to this post so I'm hoping this thread is ok for it :)

Anyway, what it was (and I realise as I think about typing it out, it will seem so mundane and small), but... well, I'd be lying in bed trying (as always) to get to sleep, and I would feel a distinct poke in my back, right on my spine. Just like a finger poking my spine, at sort of roughly just between shoulder-blades kind of height. Very distinct, quite strong (a purposeful poke, if that makes sense) and only would happen the once each time.

Definitely wasn't Mr Zebra and there was nothing/no one else that could have accounted for it. Happened on two or three occasions, I think, over the course of (say) a few months. And I've just realised that I've never had it since.

Around that same time I would also get a feeling of being squeezed around my rib cage (but sort of from behind, like someone was hugging me very tightly), which was most frightening (more frightening than the poke) and again only happened when I was lying in bed (in all instances I would have been lying on my side rather than my back, if that makes a difference in these matters). Again Mr Zebra was assuredly not to blame, so I don't know what that was, either.

I don't know if whatever the 'poker' was, was also a 'squeezer', or what, but... most bizarre. I think because both of these things happened at roughly the same time period, I attribute them both to the same thing, whatever that may be.

And there you have it :)

I think I posted this awhile back.

I decided once to pass through something weird. I was cycling home along the local cycle track after working late it would have been close to midnight. Up ahead of me was a large mist or fog, 7 foot high to 5 feet across hovering a few feet off the ground and sort of egg-shaped. Like sea mist which is not uncommon as I live near the coast, but never at this low point of the track. The rest of the night was clear as a bell.

The Fog patch was moving slowly north to south. The wind was blowing east to west, about 15mph, (As a cyclist with a long commute I always check wind speed and direction before going to and leaving work), and that's what got my attention and is seemed to be moving independently of the conditions.

Anyhow I made up my mind to cycle through it which resulted in a drop of several degrees temperature - like walking into those big walk in freezers and then I passed through and the mist had gone.

here it is: http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/my-misty-flatmate.55111/#post-1381711
I'd've done that too and maybe considered going back for another go except it was on way home & I'd want my tea...

Anyway, great work there.

This has reminded me of something that I experienced a few times, a couple of years ago (or so... time passes so quickly its hard to tell sometimes). So it's not really a 'walked through' as in the OP, but it is similar to this post so I'm hoping this thread is ok for it :)

Anyway, what it was (and I realise as I think about typing it out, it will seem so mundane and small), but... well, I'd be lying in bed trying (as always) to get to sleep, and I would feel a distinct poke in my back, right on my spine. Just like a finger poking my spine, at sort of roughly just between shoulder-blades kind of height. Very distinct, quite strong (a purposeful poke, if that makes sense) and only would happen the once each time.

Definitely wasn't Mr Zebra and there was nothing/no one else that could have accounted for it. Happened on two or three occasions, I think, over the course of (say) a few months. And I've just realised that I've never had it since.

Around that same time I would also get a feeling of being squeezed around my rib cage (but sort of from behind, like someone was hugging me very tightly), which was most frightening (more frightening than the poke) and again only happened when I was lying in bed (in all instances I would have been lying on my side rather than my back, if that makes a difference in these matters). Again Mr Zebra was assuredly not to blame, so I don't know what that was, either.

I don't know if whatever the 'poker' was, was also a 'squeezer', or what, but... most bizarre. I think because both of these things happened at roughly the same time period, I attribute them both to the same thing, whatever that may be.

And there you have it :)
I know this sounds dumb, but you should have your doc check your heart. Pressure in the chest area is how many women, not men, experience heart issues. The sensation can also affect the back.

I know this sounds dumb, but you should have your doc check your heart. Pressure in the chest area is how many women, not men, experience heart issues. The sensation can also affect the back.

I didn't know that, so thanks. But (luckily, cos otherwise I'd be worrying right now) I've had a lot of checkups and whatnot in recent months/years and everything is fine in that respect.

My heart's fine, it's the rest of me that's falling apart... :p

Yup, that's a good point. Women experience all sorts of different signs of illness from what's seen in men. It's a big new idea in medicine, in fact, that women aren't just men with different bumps.

At the Weird Weekend we enjoyed a talk by a bloke who reckoned he'd been walked through. He has lots of experience of weirdness and especially ghosts. He reckons ghosts are attracted to water, especially if it's moving, which helps explain all those haunted hospital bathrooms.

I also have to mention that I went through an afternoon worrying myself silly about the feeling of pressure around my rib cage until it occurred to me to take off the sports bra.

What gets me is how ovarian cancer can feel like intestinal gas.

Back