• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Demons In Seattle: Keith Linder's Home(s) (Bothell WA)

The voices seem to be whispers.
Do you think evp entities intend to be recorded and heard ?

That's a good question. The entities this house number between 5 and 11. That's how many voices I've (we've) distinguished. A majority of them are whispering, which implies their trying to avoid detection.

The house is laden with ease dropping equipment has been for 6 months and each new equipment bought in has revealed an EVP were the entities are inquisitive about the actual equipment. Perfect example below.

[Listen 1:11 , 1:14, 1:23 , 1:25 ,]
"Its a camera, Its a camera, Its a camera, tsk tsk tsk tsk ...nite cam"

EVP at 1:57 "Awhile" Here one entity speaks or reveals that it knows the battery life of equipment used when it answers my question posed to Don Philips.

It answers my questions even though I never heard it and it reveals the age old belief that spirits can manipulate and control electronic equipment.

fascinating stuff!

APRIL 2016. [LISTENING 1ST WITH HEAD SETS IS BEST] Poltergeist - Demons In Seattle Uncovered EVP (1) " Uuuah I thought I saw it"

(1) 2:07
(2) 8:28 " Uuuah I thought I saw it" and lastly on VIDEO
(3) 11:26 (Video)

Best when viewed in its 15 min entirety.

Demons In Seattle Uncovered - Poltergeist Case

Steve Mera - UK SEP, Don Philips Phenomena Project http://www.mapit.kk5.org descend unto Seattle a 2nd time. New developments, same investigation. 7:55 Steve comes down from the hallway. the hallway is is armed with motion detects gear. Within minutes they go off, 8:45 bedroom motion cam next to hallway detects movement. We viewed the laptop and motion cam software hours later to discover the images you just saw. There are EVP's as well. 11:20 "No" is heard.
( Entities Talking)

At this phase it's not just the EVP's worth listening to. It's what's being said. And when there being said.

[ Best to listen with headsets or ear plugs ]

Weeks prior to the Move one of my best female friends came over to assist with picture taking. She knows of the activity and has been to the house many times

EVPS BEGIN AT 2:03 "GPS" can you do corner shots a response of 7:50 "****". Right after my friend says yeah. "The Girl" at 7:59. "So Unsure?" at 8:06, 8:07, "Up" whisper at 8:31. 11:13 "Ah Sh**t" maybe Barb?, sounds like a male voice though. 13:40 a voice says "Yeah" after I say Yeah. 18:21 "Strong EVP", 19:03 "Chickened Out You Puss" , 22:06 "Yeah", 25:44 "Yeah"

EVP's were captured during our indoor and outdoor conversation.

The most startling being.

19:03 "....you.................Chickened Out You Puss"

the spirits in this home are always fond of technology (EMF, EVP, video cams, audio voice recorder, and etc)

Previous video and EVP allude to that fact. The main being here below.

Listen 1:11 , 1:14, 1:23 , 1:25 . "Its a camera, its a camera, tsk tsk tsk, tsk....nite cam"

I believe the spirits were curious of my friends camera and one instructed the other to nab it should it be sat down.

April 2016 Steve and Don returned to my house for Part 2 of their investigation. Steve, Don and SSPR Nick Kyle[http://www.sspr.co.uk/] (all men with UK and Scottish accents) are clearly heard. Everyone knows my voice. The men are setting up and putting down motion detect devices. The devices are going off by themselves. THE TRIP WIRES. "No" EVP appears at 3:01. Thinking out loud, (trying to debunk) why the devices are going while we're in the room Steve says there(meaning the device might be sensitive to shadows) a whisper says "YES". at 5:20. "Yeah" at 5:23. LISTEN AT 5:29 us four men are talking, under our voice you hear a EVPs at 5:28,5:29, 5:30, 5:31. Mass whispers and mass murmuring. 7:25 "Yeah" .

At 11:50 a new device goes off in the bathroom. We've never used this device before. ONE OF THE BEST EVPS EVER CAPTURED is about to happen. 12:12 "Ray" ....word, words and at 12:14 "Cable" 12:16 "Image Detector" 12:18" "Its the only way it can be powered like that." 12:20 "Go and lift one of these."

When put together the conversation goes something like this.

Trip Wire Motion goes off. Ray or his "Superior" probably set it off by accident or on purpose to determine what exactly is it.

Voice One: Ray! unintelligible murmurs

Voice Two: Cable

Voice One: It's the only way it can be powered like that....go and lift one of these."

NOTE: It is possible Voice One aka the Superior(as he's called) is doing all the talking. Not enough info to determine for sure.

What is certain is they are talking. There are 1+ entities present. They admit to NOT being spirits in this video above based on one of the comments by Steve.

this resembles previous videos I've shared HERE where during the actual investigation. The setup of gear and equipment. With voice recorders carefully put down near by. The entities voice get captured. Not heard in real-time. But heard when reviewed later. As I mentioned before the EVP's are not words, or grunts or howls. These are sentences that speak in real-time and are speaking about the current events within the home i.e. the investigation taken place.

1. Extremely intelligent
  2. Extremely curious

and this right here " "go and lift one these.." speaks volumes to mass amount of equipment I lost. Items gone missing in my home over 4 years. Whats new to them they will either sabotage or take out right. "Go and lift one of these."

Feel free to slice, and dice the audio in whatever audio software you got. There are more voices. Many I could not make out.

Another new thread on a case that has several!

There are a number of voices and instruments on the tape, including some whispered words which resemble your transcription. Their EVP - or supernatural - origin is dubious.

What I get from all these posts is a desire to establish something. Multiplying the number of people and instruments in the house seems counter-productive. :confused:

What I get from all these posts is a desire to establish something. Multiplying the number of people and instruments in the house seems counter-productive.

Don and Steve came the 1st trip. Nick Kyle came the 2nd trip to serve as a independent observer 3rd party.

The same voices have been captured with 2, 3, or just one person in the room and lesser equipment.

the men explain their methods below. Some of what they mentioned might address the valid points you made.

I thank u for your honesty

and

http://www.americas-most-haunted.co...-mark-anthony-hours-amamericas-haunted-radio/

April 2016. I laced the hallway, bathroom and master bedroom with cams and trip wires with just a few weeks left in the house. Move out day was imminent. The house seemed evil and very active on some days. This being one of those days. What you are about hear are to a lesser degree events Tina and myself experienced while living in the home known as "Demons In Seattle" as called by Ghost Adventures as the Washington State Poltergeist case as called by many other researchers and investigators. I was not expecting to get the data I got. Actual video is 6+ hrs long.

This however is shorter but provides a lot of info as to what exactly is a Poltergeist, a Demon, and for lack of a better word Malevolent Activity. Associated with all 3 are sleep deprivation. banging. Loud Noise. Objects thrown. Thuds.

Foot steps, pacing and wall taps. This video has it all plus whispers, voices, murmurs and EVPS. i CHOSE TO NOT LIST THE NOISE AND ETC VIA TIME STAMP. This video benefits you if you listen to it in its entirety. From start to finish. Uninterrupted. HEADSETS AND EAR PLUGS.

For about 10 months straight this took place(2014). And 2015 when I lived in the alone. http://supernaturalmagazine.com/articles/living-with-a-poltergeist-an-interview-with-keith-linder

DOCUMENT_zpsqaz03y9l.jpg

[UPDATE]

Introduction.
During the latter part of August 2015 SEP were directly contacted by the client (Mr. Keith Linder) regarding
reported disturbances taking place at his home in Bothell, Seattle, Washington USA. He claimed that paranormal
disturbances had been taking place with increasing frequency and severity since moving into the property
with his partner (Tina) in 2012.

https://macqdor.app.box.com/s/t35dyzi9ap21mscb85zqxkej7nhsxpz5

I love a report that devotes several pages to the subject of adolescents as the focus of poltergeists, before concluding that "no evidence was found of a focus/catalyst." But did they search everywhere? Those pesky adolescents can hide in the toilet for hours!

It's this kind of thoroughness which leads me to take on trust the report's equations after Heisenberg etc.

I also love the graphics, especially that wonderfully official red Private & Confidential "stamp" overridden by the "Cleared for Release" one.
I plan to double-stamp all my piffle this way in future. It adds tone! :clap:

Oh wow are you paranormal researcher or investigator? I'm fascinated by the works of other teams. Esp abroad.

do u share or feel free to point to investigations you've worked on?

Awesome

Thanks

This report is HORRENDOUS. It would take an effort to point out all the paranormal tropes. I can't even begin to point out the poor formatting, errors, stylistic messiness (those arrows and graphs!) and wads of unscientific nonsense. This is a guy promoting his haunted house. Really, is the bar this low? Still?

You know what? Its really funny, and predictable how in a forum community titled "paranormal" one's first and perhaps only reply is how horrendous something else. If your comment is only limited to critiquing of format. If thats all you got from a 35+ page report, or if thats all you are able to comment on then my response is "WOW!" I'm more blown way by your response than my response of seeing an object levitate.

curiosity has gotten the better of me, i'm off to review your other posts. your contribution to the field interests me.

Are you the author? You said you saw an object levitate?

A report on this case study COULD have been interesting and valuable documentation but the authors made a shambles out of it in what I interpreted as a way to further their own reputation. I think it will do the opposite. From reading the report, it is unscientific and worse, PRETENDING to be scientific. It confuses observations with conclusions, it is biased towards variables that have NOT definitively or even strongly been shown to be correlated to let alone CAUSE ghosts, hauntings, polts, etc. Nevermind that we can't even define what those things are because they are so reliant on cultural interpretations. Moon phase? Heisenberg's uncertainty principle? Earth stress? None of these speculative causes have merit as they are used. There are so few reference to any of statements of facts in the report except in the portion explaining poltergeists, but no bibliography.

I despise when paranormal investigators act as experts in parapsychology, geology, astronomy, physics, psychology, etc. when they have zero qualifications to do so. They did a psychological evaluations?!? I must have missed where they noted their medical degree though perhaps Mr. Kyle has a PhD in parapsychology?

I apologize for being harsh because I really am curious about conditions people perceive as paranormal and report anomalies. However, I'm pretty confident this is a trumped up "haunting". A made-to-look-professional report like this that obviously took a lot of time and effort to complete, is a sad waste.

I've learned people view information through their own filter, their own prism. One portion of the community in this case its the paranormal community finds little value and validity in the groups work. Its surreal. I've experienced in our 4 years of dealing with this and its very very very very sad. Who suffers the most? The house occupant of course.

I don't subscribe to little Big I's and little u's. I subscribe to information, help, knowledge and empathy. S.E.P had all of the above. Reports are like "beauty" its in the eye of the beholder. My dad once told me, "you can't please everyone."

That being said there's enough info inside the report to get others talking. Maybe not now. But definitely in the years to come. These men did a GREAT JOB

I'll take their combined 60+ years in the field and stand them before all comers.

Truth is important. Not egos, silos or cliques.

Truth is important

There is no clique here and many of us are receptive to reports of odd events.

The extraordinary events said to have happened in your house have been the subject of a barrage of posts on this board, rarely on the same thread twice. In seeking maximum exposure, without much context, the posts have been confusing and always delivered much less than promised.

A report should have clarified matters but this appears to be another part of a publicity campaign. If it provokes scepticism here, it will invite ridicule elsewhere. If you paid for it, you should sue. :(

i doubt you or anyone reading this can provide a similar report to bench mark against this one? I know we just had the EMMY awards last night here in the states, are you telling me such an award exists for Paranormal/Supernatural.

You've yet to offer up one ounce of bonafides to make me think you are in fact some I should be taking notes from?

I'm a strong proponent against one calling one's self an expert. Let alone in this called field "paranormal". But you my friend betray your own intelligence if you're going on the record saying there's not one page let alone paragraph worthy of intelligent back in forth. We can debate the merits. I hope thats the case. But until you provide a similar report, past cases, maybe a case you worked on, maybe a case someone in the field u respect has worked to bench mark against this one. The subject is moot.

Pay anything?

I lived it for 4 years. The report is not for me. The report is for the skeptic and believing community to whom I've yet to see anything specific showing that you actually belong to.

i doubt you or anyone reading this can provide a similar report to bench mark against this one? I know we just had the EMMY awards last night here in the states, are you telling me such an award exists for Paranormal/Supernatural.

You've yet to offer up one ounce of bonafides to make me think you are in fact some I should be taking notes from?

I'm a strong proponent against one calling one's self an expert. Let alone in this called field "paranormal". But you my friend betray your own intelligence if you're going on the record saying there's not one page let alone paragraph worthy of intelligent back in forth. We can debate the merits. I hope thats the case. But until you provide a similar report, past cases, maybe a case you worked on, maybe a case someone in the field u respect has worked to bench mark against this one. The subject is moot.

Pay anything?

I lived it for 4 years. The report is not for me. The report is for the skeptic and believing community to whom I've yet to see anything specific showing that you actually belong to.

Ok let's open another line of question, I'm not a ghost expert but I am an auditor:

House in Seattle
Investigators from London (hence the lion rampant holding the pennant?) Nice branding.
The 26412th case investigated?
Improbable origin in need of explanation
Doesn't give me immediate faith in the contents

Cover: Scientific Establishment of Parapsychology. Does Scientific modify Establishment? Or does Scientific Establishment (giving the benefit of the missing hyphen) modify Parapsychology?
I thought Parapsychology was the study of mental phenomena that are excluded from or inexplicable by orthodox scientific psychology. So do thye intend to study objective phoenomena (hearing child coughing) or are they implying by the name of the organization that they are studying these experiences internalized to the subjective consciousness. Not good branding.

Title The "Demons in Seattle' Case
America's most controversial paranormal case.

Really? all 50 states and DC? Evidence? This language is better left to Fox news

Page 1
Three severity scales are referenced. Are these scales objectively defined in the document?

Page 2 scanning along because it's pretty late where I am. Am I seeing missing car keys as a major event? Fire alarm goes off with no fire?

And then there's some interesting stuff about things being thrown but as someone already said I can't wade through the other stuff to get to them.

Going to bed. Mr. Macqdor, don't mess with my mates on this board.

"Going to bed. Mr. Macqdor, don't mess with my mates on this board."

Your board? Ah I see so this is a silo or clique community ( i don't stand corrected after all). I see how it works individuals form groups. Well I hope you sleep well. I don't need a group. I stand alone. Your questions are childish. Their nick picky at best and they avoid the obvious topic and the obvious discussion needing discussed. And trust me I love discussion. But it has to be intelligent discussion. Thought provoking.

U dont have to accept my truth. I don't have to accept your truth, albeit an elusive one at best.

So far all you've showed me is how good you are at arm chair quarterbacking.

Sleep well. At least some of us here have that luxury.

Keith Linder

Going to bed. Mr. Macqdor, don't mess with my mates on this board.
Your board? Ah I see so this is a silo or clique community ( i don't stand corrected after all). I see how it works individuals form groups.
No, as JamesWhitehead said earlier, there is no clique. If you take the time to read the 27,000 threads you'll see that most members have very much their own mind, and that lively discussions between posters of all lengths of residence on this board are commonplace. New input is welcomed, we are responsive and sympathetic to first-hand accounts, and people are given a fair hearing: all this, however, depends on the poster's attitude toward the board membership. In all of the years we've been going, we've heard any number of ghost and polt reports ranging from the utterly convincing to the frankly risible. To be honest, a discussion regarding the board's partiality or impartiality conducted between two posters with fewer than three years and seventy posts between them will struggle to be comprehensive. That's not intended to be in any way patronising, but it's a common trope that relative newcomers spot the board, skim threads that catch their eye, then post a huge excited tract, and get frustrated when we don't get equally excited in return. It's all about context.

The kernel of your report is interesting, yes - but it's encased in a frankly ludicrous degree of excess verbiage (and, as has been noted, the "Private and Confidential / Cleared for release / etc schtick looks like nothing so much as the junk mail sent to gullible pensioners assuring them that they've won the Tanzanian Lottery.) So, I believe it's high time we should concentrate on the essence of the alleged phenomena as opposed to perceived biases and inequalities on this board. Play on.

Last edited:
"So, I believe it's high time we should concentrate on the essence of the alleged phenomena as opposed to perceived biases and inequalities on this board. Play on."

Then let's do it. I'm sharing. I'm providing. Who's got questions? I've got answers. I want to engage the most skeptical mind and lets solve this. Lets go after it. In essence BRING IT ANYONE

lets talk paranormal!

http://www.historylink.org/File/4190

Who/what is the Scientific Establishment of Parapsychology please? I tried putting it into a search engine but did not find a website or anything to say who they were or what they do.

There is a lot of interesting stuff out there. One has to pick his/her focus. This isn't a good one since it reeks of hoax that can be produced with throwing things, heavy promotion and Krylon black lava webbing spray. Moving on...

Who/what is the Scientific Establishment of Parapsychology

It appears to be the nom-de-guerre of Steve Mera* and Don Philips, the UK investigators brought in to back up Keith's case, when it had been treated with less than the respect Keith thought was due by an American show called Ghost Adventures.

Gallingly, perhaps, the Ghost Adventures team has a reputation for credulity. There are few shows without some supernatural events. "Demons in Seattle," the name of the episode, was bereft of incidents and the lead investigator voiced open scepticism about the haunting.

The "Report" was clearly intended to rubbish the rubbishers:

"With (sic) the first 10 minutes of arriving at Keith's the spirits began to engage with him [Don Philips] . . . "
Spiel from a Don Philips Youtube video here.

"Demons in Seattle" produces some 400,000 hits on Google. Scepticism - or skepticism - is overwhelmingly the keynote of the comments. It's a pretty big clique that Keith is dauntlessly battling. :cool:

*Steve Mera has certainly been active in the field for many years. Notably in North West England. This page records his involvement with an alleged Rochdale poltergeist.

Edit 04.07 pm:
Sharon Hill: " . . . Krylon black lava webbing spray . . . "
Thanks! I almost missed this! That effect seemed to baffle the writers of the Report! They go off on a tangent, comparing it to a rare horsehair technique on Native American pottery!
There's an image on this page. for comparison.

Last edited:
I see....thank you.

I didn't know you could become a parapsychologist just by calling yourself one although not having to get a pesky PhD certainly saves a lot of time.

"This isn't a good one since it reeks of hoax that can be produced with throwing things, heavy promotion and Krylon black lava webbing spray."

Hello

Last time I researched and checked Poltergeist
  • throw things
  • write things on the wall using Ex. Crayons, Pencil, Lead, paint, Wax, etc.
You have to prove hoaxing. being dismissive is lazy intelligence.

If I'm a Poltergeist and I can a sure you I'm not. If I want to write something or leave someone a message, esp if I want to incite fear, vexing and anxiety I'm going to write something that the house occupant can see and interpret and that starts with earth bound utensils (see bullet points above). What do you expect it to write with? Poltergeist Ooze or Poltergeist Blood? Really is this your retort Sharon_Hill?

Do I need to list the reported cases(the word over) of objects being thrown? Guess what 9 times out of 10 the objects being thrown are items and inventory within the house.

Reference(s)
The Poltergeist Phenomenon: An In-depth Investigation Into Floating Beds, Smashing Glass, and Other Unexplained Disturbances

The Secret History of Poltergeists and Haunted Houses: From Pagan Folklore to Modern Manifestations
by Claude Lecouteux has chronologicalized 800+ cases in his book. Dating back to 800 AD of cases that make mine look like a walk in the park

And William G Roll research and papers on the subject

Back