• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Waxwork Hitler's Hair Growing (Madame Tussauds)

ted_bloody_maul

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
can anybody provide me with any documentary evidence of the story of hitler's hair continuing to grow in madame tussaud's? websites particularly helpful

Your wish etc etc

I had never heard of this before, and there doesn't seem to be much to the story, but I did a quick google on hitler + waxwork + hair, and it came up with this:

BBC News Report

About 2/3 of the way down, just a throwaway line about the hair "appearing to grow".

Sounds like a load of honk to me.

I think I'm coming up empty - literally the only thing I can find is the web report above, and that's hardly enlightening. There's nothing on Snopes, and I can't see anything on the Tussauds website. The only place I can think of otherwise is the straight dope.

Allow me to dig a little further ...

Maybe it's real Hitler and he isn't dead after all. And to think those poor blokes on the history channel et al have been trying to track him down in South America all these years... :twisted:

Ahhhh…. Fortean TV. Have to say that for me it didn’t quite hit the mark, and I always felt it had too many bells and whistles and that Strange But True? was a superior format.

Back