• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'We Are Here With You' Message On Several U.S. TV Stations

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Haven't found any explanations for this yet, but it's mentioned on several conspiracy theory sites and on Twitter.

Edit: One of the comments on the YT video above said this:
Ok so i put those words into google and what came up was info from freeview stating that we will be seeing this message pop up on our tv screens because they are re routing the signals due to being asked to by the government as mobile companies are doing stuff ( 5G?) And ppl may need to retune. Im in the UK so i dont know if anyone here had that message and i didnt get it as i dont watch tv but anyway maybe check it out

The only messages I'm getting on my TV are the repeated ones on the BBC News channel usually about every 3 minutes that say "stay indoors"in one way or another....

Haven't found any explanations for this yet, but it's mentioned on several conspiracy theory sites and on Twitter.

Edit: One of the comments on the YT video above said this:

Have not had time to watch the entire video yet but I found it interesting that it seems to be American (US) tv channels showing it (from what I've seen of the video), but that comment quoted is talking about Freeview, a UK thing. So is it happening in both countries?

Can't say I've seen anything myself but we don't watch a wide range of telly channels so it just might not be on the ones we're watching. I will look out for it now though. I assume it is a coronavirus-related thing (if it has just started happening recently that is).

The only messages I'm getting on my TV are the repeated ones on the BBC News channel usually about every 3 minutes that say "stay indoors"in one way or another....

They should tell us to "Remain Indoors" instead...

Oh blimey, are we being invaded by the Test Card Girl?

1586110552254.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe they are going for the complete antithesis of the wonderful children's school programme 'Come Outside'...

Back