• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Wee Woody Valley With Scriptures Carved On The Rocks?

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Not attached to the title of this, better suggestions welcome!

I've seen this on telly and in print several times but I can't remember the name.

A small wooded area with natural rocks lying about, on which a zealous person has carved - neatly and carefully - various scriptures and possibly other edifying tags and slightly longer quotations.

Definitely UK, very probably England, maybe maybe Cornwall/Devon?

Possibly a local preacher, perhaps a local gentry project, maybe associated with a Revival such as that in South Wales with the lights.

Ideas? It's one of those tip-of-the-tongue things :(

Gosh that looks like it @EnolaGaia ! But..... I was so sure it was in England.... The first time I heard about it was on the 1970's Nationwide TV show when they had a segment on the weird and wonderful.

I can't see them having the budget to go abroad!

Gosh that looks like it @EnolaGaia ! But..... I was so sure it was in England.... The first time I heard about it was on the 1970's Nationwide TV show when they had a segment on the weird and wonderful. ...

All I can is ... I'm unable to locate any mention of anything resembling your description in the UK, but this American site fits all aspects of your description.

Could it have been a UK TV show making a side-reference to Scripture Rocks in the course of presenting some topic relating to the UK?

@Stillill ? please can you give a bit more detail?

Boscastle is generally wonderful :)

When you are going to Boscastle stop off at Buckland Beacon where you can sees the 10 commandments carved into the rocks at the top. Not quite a valley full of scripture, but a starting point.

the-two-commandment-stones-at-buckland-beacon-on-dartmoor-carved-with-AFEAMP.jpg

“Buckland Beacon is a granite tor and conical beacon on Dartmoor, England. It is well known for its Ten Commandments Stones [1], which are inscribed on its south eastern edge.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckland_Beacon

maximus otter

wow!!!!!! thank you peoples!

Was that it, then? :)

I don't know.

The Scripture Rocks, Pennsylvania look as I remember the magazine show article. But I could have sworn they were in the UK...

The Ten Commandments on Buckland Beacon are fabulous! not what I was looking for but definitely fabulous! :twothumbs:

Back