• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Business-Proposition Emails

If you were rich/blase enough couldn't you agree to it and then warn your bank to immediately block any attempt to take money from your account (you're rich - you keep wads of cash handy for you to live on for a while), keep them entirely in the loop, and then try and get any details on the person, try and trace them or something. Are banks that clever?

Got another one last week...

JEWEL SOLANGE PASSEWE.
ABIDJAN.IVORY COAST
WEST-AFRICA

DEAR FRIEND.

PERMIT ME TO INFORM YOU OF MY DESIRE OF GOING INTO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP
WITH YOU. I MUST NOT HESISTATE TO CONFIDE IN YOU FOR THIS SIMPLE AND SINCERE
BUSINESS.

BY INTRODUCTION,I AM THE ONLY DAUGTHER OF LATE MR KONE PASSEWE AND MRS.MARIAM
PASSEWE.

MY FATHER WAS A VERY WEALTHY COCOA MERCHANT BASED IN ABIDJAN, THE ECONOMIC
CAPITAL OF IVORY COAST BEFORE HE WAS POISONED TO DEATH BY HIS BUSINESS
ASSOCIATES ON ONE OF THEIR OUTING TO DISCUSS ON A BUSINESS.WHEN MY MOTHER
DIED ON THE 21ST OCTOBER 1999, MY FATHER TOOK ME SO SPECIAL BECAUSE I AM
MOTHERLESS.

BE FORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER ON 29TH JUNE 2002 IN A PRIVATE HOSPITAL
HERE IN ABIDJAN. HE HAS A SUM OF US$8,500,000(EIGHTMILLION FIVE HUNDRED
THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS) LEFT IN A SUSPENCE ACCOUNT IN A LOCAL BANK
HERE IN ABIDJAN, THAT HE USED MY NAME AS HIS ONLY DAUGTHER FOR THE NEXT
OF KIN IN DEPOSIT OF THE FUND.

HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS WEALTH THAT HE WAS

POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES. THAT I SHOULD SEEK FOR A FOREIGN
PARTNER IN A COUNTRY OF MY CHOICE WHERE I WILL TRANSFER THIS MONEY AND
USE IT FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE, (SUCH AS REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT) .

SIR, I AM HONOURABLY SEEKING YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS.

1)TO PROVIDE A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE THIS MONEY WOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO.

2)TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND SINCE I AM A GIRL AND RELOCATE

ME TO YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE AFTER THE MONEY HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED AND
CONFIRMED IN YOUR ACCOUNT.

MOREOVER, SIR, I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 10% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS C!
OMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORT/INPUT AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS

FUND TO YOUR NORMINATED ACCOUNT OVERSEAS.

FURTHER MORE, YOU CAN INDICATE YOUR OPTION TOWARDS ASSISTING ME AS I BELIEVE
THAT THIS TRANSACTION WOULD BE CONCLUDED WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS YOU SIGNIFY
INTEREST TO ASSIST ME.

ANTICAIPTING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON,THROUGH MY E-MAIL ADDRESS

THANKS.
JEWEL SOLANGE PASSEWE

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : http://www.laposte.net ; 3615 LAPOSTENET
(0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)

thank the Lord that Jewels empassioned plea has fallen into the hands of a worthy savant and not a scoundrel who might take advantage of this rich, innocent, bikini clad lovely

Three Nigerians have gone on trial in Abuja pleading not guilty to charges of stealing more than $240m (£130m) from a bank in Brazil.

They allegedly persuaded a senior bank official to send the money for what they claimed to be a new airport in exchange for a $10m (£5.4m) commission.

Correspondents say Nigeria has gained global notoriety for such scams, in which people are promised vast wealth for their help in dubious schemes.

Nigeria's anti-graft agency says this trial shows it is fighting such fraud.

Abuja's high court is due to hear how five Nigerians in total duped the head of international finance at Banco Noroeste in Sao Paolo, Brazil.

They are accused of telling the bank official of the huge personal commission he would get in return for investing up front in the Nigerian airport contract.

The Brazilian worker allegedly dug illegally into his bank's funds and transferred $242m in a series of payments to accounts around the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3460861.stm

How do you get a job that high up in a bank when you are that stupid?

I have a nigerian firend, over here on a post doc study tour.

She's so embarrased about this sort of thing.

:(

Kath

I got one, many moons ago, I wrote back telling them that due to the totilarian state of this nation, I could not risk having a large sum of money turn up mysteriously in my rather thin bank account.

They never got back to me

(well, its true, isnt it?)

Nowadays I only get offers to enlarge my lips....Whatever for?

This one from last year I just love, because it touches on something we once discussed here. Remember the Nigerian Space Program? http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... p?p=134002
There's a story that never developed, outside, apparently of e-mail scamming.

Albany News, The Business Review (Albany), Albany Newspaper

May 28, 2004
'Lost in space' Nigerian astronaut called top spam scam

Send money to help a Nigerian astronaut lost in space and you will share in his $15 million reentry bonus. That e-mail message was named the top spam scam in the "Spam and Bologna" contest of the New York State Consumer Protection Board.

Several thousand persons nationwide responded to the call for nominees from the consumer watchdog for fakes and frauds who use Internet sob stories to separate the unwary from their money.

The contest is intended to warn consumers about e-mail "advance-fee" solicitations, also known as "Nigerian" and "419" schemes. Scam artists invite the sympathetic reader to send money on the promise of sharing the phantom fortune of some deposed dictator, missing heiress or deceased business tycoon.

The second-place entry, winner of a package of bologna, was an e-mail from "Joy Kleyn, a milk maiden and young girl" whose father, a "nomadic cattleman" left behind $2 million. "We received more than 2,000 examples of this scam spam and all of them are bologna," said Teresa A. Santiago, chairwoman of the Consumer Protection Board.

The bogus pitch on behalf of the fictitious astronaut laments that Major Abach Tunde is stranded on a secret Russian space station. Your contribution of $3,000 to the Russian government will finance a rescue mission and cut you in for a share of the $15 million in "flight pay and interest" due the "the first African in space."

Santiago said that the person who submitted this winning entry for the Most Outrageous pitch letter will receive the same thing as victims of these e-scams -- absolutely nothing.

The complete texts of the first- and second-place entries, and excerpts of other imaginative, but untrue, schemes, can be found at the board's Web site.

© 2004 American City Business Journals Inc.

http://albany.bizjournals.com/albany/st ... ily45.html

I accidentally opened this today. Possibly this, or something like it, has been discussed on the tsunami tread. Quite a heartless con, but you've got to wonder - how would anybody fall for this? Not even the most naive and unworldly minister would go spamming strangers for advice.

Isn't it interesting that there's a law of nature preventing spammers from using the language of their spam correctly? At least, I presume bad grammar and mis-use of vocabulary are as common in German spam as in English. Anyway, here it is:

All correspondence should be forwarded to

email:[email protected]

phone number:+44-704-010-4779

Calvary Greetings.

I am a preacher with the Seed Harvest Ministry,and I will like to get
advice from you.I believe the advice I need is secular to some
extent,but do have the patience to understand my intention.

Few months ago I was in Sri-Lanka were I had established a little
congregation where I preached regularly in collaboration with some other
preachers from Sri-Lanka.On one faithful day, one christian missionary
philantropist from Thailand came to the church and gave the ministry a
donation of US$8M towards the development of the church.After a few
days,i travelled back to London to continue my ministry.Although,he
deposited the US$8M in a bank in Netherland.

But, When the TSUNAMI flood incident arose,i was intimated by a fellow
preacher that the contractor(MR.BOSCO WHENG)and his entire family were
killed.

I am interested in using a small fraction of this money,much less than
one percent for a reorganisation of the work of God,but I do not need
the rest and do not want to have any direct dealing with it.but I need
someone who will be able to use the fund better maybe for charity and to
support the Tsunami victims,I have thought of doing it myself but,my
ministry is the apocalypse and I believe and preach the soon coming of
the Lord which make me not indulgent in reliance on money or wealth in
any form.I will be glad if you have any interest in the direction of
maybe managing or transmitting the fund as you prefer in your capacity and
understanding.

please if you are interested,i would want you to send me the following
informations:

1.your legitimate name,

2.your contact address,

3.your phone number,

4.your fax number.

with all these informations,i will take it that you are interested and
i will immediately forward your details to the bank to enable them
effect payment to you.You must promise me that you will use the fund for
the purpose which it is meant for.

I will be glad to get a response from you to show your interest.

I am presently In the U.k{LONDON} where I am conducting a deliverance
service for cancer patients.

To futher throw more lights on the procedures and requirements involve
In receiving this funds you can call me on this number:

email:[email protected]

Regards,

pastor william roberts

phone number:+44-704-010-4779

I've always wondered if the email "handling" companies that these fraudsters use could be ... erm ... encouraged forcefully to help arrest these parasites.
Sometimes the freedom of the internet is it's own downfall.

I'm sure I posted this elsewhere, but can't find it - Scambusters419 is one of the finest sites getting some revenge on the bastards (The Miller is a good one to start with). Gilbert Murray deserves a medal!

Enjoy :).

Right, don't know about this one. If it's not a scam, it's certainly strange enough anyway. The basic idea is, they train very beautiful women to marry wealthy men and redistribute the wealth by opening businesses in 'third world' countries.

There's some god stuff thrown in for good measure. I posted it here in full because it will probably get flagged off of the message board I found it on (craigslist).

Sorry if it's spam. :?

Slender, classic beauty, model's face, tall, highest pay
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2005-02-20, 9:03PM CST

If you are dropdead GORGEOUS, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT IN LIFE! God gave you that beauty to use FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET, WAVING your magic wand, for only those few years stretching between 18 and 25. AFTER that, your looks will start to USE YOU. BOTTOM LINE, get a happier life than SHOW BIZ. By targeting selectively you can date only billionaires until you find one you adore; Marry a
BILLIONAIRE and then, save the third world villages from starvation with a COST PLUS or PIER ONE type import/export. TRADE can save the world, not AID, YOUR creating an import export corporation with the mate's money, will completely
AID the starving third world. Trick is, go straight to villages, don't use big city third world distributors of artisanry. OUR WEBSITE LUCKINLOVE.com teaches you free, how to be the MOTHER TERESA of import/export. THAT is a use for beauty that is saintly. IF YOU KNOW a startling beauty, send her to the TRAINING at LUCK IN LOVE DOT COM, FREE! WE TEACH beauties a.) how to attract only BLUE BLOODS (with a billion or more), where to look, how to dress. HOW to motivate him toward MARRIAGE. NO callgirl mistresses allowed! WE TEACH all AT THE LUCK IN LOVE free online seminar. HOW TO ACT instead of just think, fantacize or plan. ACTING is the hardest thing in the world until you learn the SECRET of action! ANY gal who takes the fifty chapter course will never make just sit and WAIT, nor will she ever make dumb LOVE moves again! Those are the time losers! IF YOU KNOW a beauty,ask her to go to LUCK IN LOVE dot COM online and take a training which upgrades her into BREAKING into HIGH SOCIETY, using JUST HER charm, intelligence and BEAUTY....& then marrying a billionaire POWER BROKER. The creator is a mother of four, ex hollywood filmstar, t.v. star, read up on ANITA SANDS at imdb.com ..she is now love coach, psychic astrologer to the stars of HOLLYWOOD. (Courtney LOVE gives her a plug in her album jacket, last Feb) Anita Sands has seen thousands of suffering girls over 50 years of reading stars. She earned her wisdom about love from their suffering and synthecizes their losses,
sorrows and mistakes along with the film stars' tricks, wily tips and hilarious sex secrets and tips on how to penetrate the blue bloods' enclaves --working this into the lessons at that website. Anita says "ONLY beauties can free all that money from banks. Karl Marx failed. FDR failed. YOU won't! BEAUTY in woman is like MONEY in a man. TRUST IN YOUR BEAUTY and you will have a long, joyful
life helping starving villagers in the third world with ARTISANRY trade IMPORT/export, done wholesale, never opening boutiques yourself," *(unless you have tons of gal pals who care for that kind of shop sitting!) YOU will travel to third world on hubby's money, find the artisanry at point of origin, in the village, not suppliers in the capital, ENOBLE, ENABLE, EMPOWER those poor starving people to produce the artisanry according to your VOGUE MAG taste and design. YOU WILL wholesale it to extant boutiques. IT is a Mother Teresa charity done as a biz. Like COST PLUS stores or MAYBE MORE like PIER ONE, but done more elegantly. LOOK UP "BENIN" it is an area where a bronze head original) can be worth 1500$ bucks. MAKE REPLICAS! Sell for 80$. or 800$ as nobody's thought of it, and it is unique and highly desired. Send that profit/money back to village as schools, clinics, wells, generators or SOLAR power. SO EASY!!!!!! YOU can outstride MOTHER TERESA and have travel, fun and high level pals while you do it so Gals? MARRY MONEY. GOD gave you that beauty for a reason! LEARN THE RUTHLESS RULES OF ROMANCE and get smart....now. YOUR LIFE changing OPP is here! write
Anita Sands, *(trainer at LUCKINLOVE dot com where the 50 chapters of the training are found,) at astrology at earthlink net or here... visit website WHERE COMPLETE TRAINING is free, totally free, and online, 24/7! PUHLEEZE don't punch 'flag and destroy ad' button. We want to save 30,000 babies a day from dying. You prob haven't done anything for that group lately.?? I'm thinking? ANYTHING AT ALL? So let this ad go. BEAUTIFUL gals have more power than rich men! Every 5 days a tsunami toll 150k dead and suffering, not a quick drowning but months of gnawing hunger, painful starvation yet nobody does anything. THAT CAN BE STOPPED if beauties start USING what GOD GAVE THEM! AND no giving samples either. WE WILL TRAIN YOU WHAT TO DO. PURELY, with integrity, HOW TO FIND and NAIL THE BILLIONAIRES who control this planet. LUCK IN LOVE dot com. Start reading. Write astrology at earthlink dot net if questions.

this is in or around CHICAGO
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: highest pay

source

Council warns about scam letter

I guess this is most of an old style one.

Council warns about scam letter

The council is urging residents to ignore the letter
People in Flintshire are being warned about a scam intended to scare people into sending money in the post to avoid bad luck.
The council said it had been alerted about a letter that had been posted to people in the county.

The letter says that something dreadful will happen to the recipient in the near future.

It adds that, by sending money to a clairvoyant, the evil would be averted.

Trading standards manager for Flintshire County Council, Ron Hughes, said: "Receiving this kind of letter can be very distressing for some people and senders of such letters will not be clairvoyants but will be tricksters trying to frighten people into parting with their money."

The council is advising people not to send money and to throw the letter away or forward it to trading standards.

Receiving this kind of letter can be very distressing for some people

Ron Hughes

"Unsolicited mail such as this can be largely stopped by registering with the Mailing Preference Service," added the council.

According to the Office of Fair Trading, consumers in the UK lose an estimated £1bn per year to various scams which exploit low-cost mass marketing techniques to target recipients.

The council said many of the scams originated from overseas making detection and prosecution more difficult.

In October, trading standards officers called for householders to be given greater protection against bogus junk mail competitions that demand cash up front.

The scams often start with letters, phone calls or text messages telling the recipient they have won a "prize."

The Trading Standards Institute (TSI) said the prize often did not exist or was nothing like the description.

The TSI wants the scope of the government's Gambling Bill to be extended to protect consumers over prize competitions of this kind.

It believes there should be a legal limit of £1 on how much consumers can be asked to pay in order to claim prizes.

For further information on how to register or for an advice leaflet on how to avoid scams, Flintshire residents can contact trading standards on 01352 703181.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4280327.stm

I've received three in the past week; the usual African fellow wanting to deposit large amounts of money in my account, one from "The Washington Mutual Bank" claiming that, due to a computer error, they need all their "customers" to confirm their account details, and one which claimed to be from the Netherlands National Lottery, telling me that I'd won 2 million Euros in a special overseas competion (now, if I'd just give them my details so that they can give me my money).

The last one was nearly plausible, but as they'd thoughtfully included a link to the real lottery site, I forwarded it to them, and they confirmed it was a scam, and they would investigate.

I've also been getting numerous answerphone messages from a very polite, if suspiciously robotic sounding American Woman who's very keen to tell me that I've won a holiday to Florida, but to claim it I have to ring back on a premium-rate UK number. Do these people think that I was dropped on my head when I was a baby?

I actually was dropped on my head when I was a baby and I still don't fall for these things.

There is one number I do dial occasionally, though. An 0800 number left by one of those spooky recorded mesasges telling me I'd won 'the jackpot' (prize code 'jackpot'). :roll: I try to keep them on as long as possible of course, it being an 0800.

This is not exactly a business opportunity, but it had us in hysterics earlier this evening.

As I don't know how to transfer stuff direct, I'll have to copy it out, but it isn't very long.

From; Lewie Nok
To; Osmond Akiobo
Etc .....

Have you at any time muse how much a normal chap hires for his medicinal drug? Anodynes, medicines to improve the class of real life, wight bring down remedy and many more.
Our company bring you the equivalent medicine, the vegatative reading - the equivalent choice, the equivalent formula at a GREATLY sensible price.

examination it

hmmmmm - it is tempting - isn't it ....?!

Rev Oliver Peters,
Tel: 0044-70-4012-2490
Email:[email protected]

Dear President/CEO,

I am Rev Oliver Peters the account officer of a foreigner named
Democratic Sen.Paul Wellstone, his wife Sheila and daughter Marcia died Friday
in a small plane crash near Eveleth, Minnesota, that also killed three
staff members and two pilots,you can confirm this from the website
below from published by CNN.WEBSITE PUBLISHED ON CNN
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITIC ... rash.minn/ (May
their soul rest in peace).

The Senator made a numbered time (Confidential Fixed deposit) for 24
calendar months, valued at US$10,200,000.00 (Ten Million two hundred
thousand dollars only) in this bank. Upon maturity in 2005, I sent a
routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. I could
contact the his immediate family or the United States Government base on
the agreement I and Senator had before he deposited the funds in
question. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a
WILL regarding this funds he deposited in our bank, I therefore made
further investigation and discovered that Sen. Paul Wellstone did not
declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his
Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank.

This sum of US$10,200,000.00 has been floating as unclaimed since 2002
in my bank as all efforts to get his relatives have hit the stones.
According to the British law at the expiration of 6 (six) years, the money
will revert to the ownership of the British Government if nobody
applies to claim the fund and the six years is the end of October 2008.
Consequently, my proposal is that I want to seek your consent as a foreigner
to stand in as the owner of the money as the next of kin to the
deceased so that the bank will transfer the money to your designated account.
All documents and proves to enable you get this fund will be carefully
worked out. I have secured from the probate an order of mandamus to
locate any of the deceased beneficiaries, and more so I am assuring you
that the business is risk free involvement. Your share stays while the
rest be for me and for investment purpose, as I will leave London by the
middle of this year.

The sharing of the funds will be based According to agreement within
you and me. As soon as I receive an acknowledgement of receipt of this
message in acceptance of our mutual business proposal, I will furnish you
with the necessary modalities and disbursement ratio to suit both
parties without any conflict. If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not
take undue advantage of the trust I have bestowed in you.

Please acknowledge receipt of this message in acceptance of our mutual
business endeavor by furnishing me with the following information if
you are interested.

1.A Beneficiary name.In order for me to prepare the document for
transfer of thefunds in your name.

2. Direct Telephone and fax number For our personal contact and mutual
trust in each other.

Best regards.

Rev Oliver Peters.

I got this spam the other day - 2 versions actually with different subjects.
I don't usually bother about it but this is really bizarre - i just don't get it. Am I being dumb?

RE: A notice 69 10

TRAD i ING NOTI u CE - Look at PlNKS o HEETS: EXTI Move Tuesday Feb 8th, 2006!
P v lNKSHEETS: [ EXTI ]

Tues e day Close PRI x CE: 0.40
Plnkshe u ets Symbol: O h TC: EXTI
NAME : E e XTREME l s NNOVATIONS, I m NC.

TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 3, 2006 (PRlME ZONE) -- Extr c eme Innovations, I z nc.

(Pink Shee c ts: EXTI ) announced today that it has s b ecured Tampa, FL as a Rid p ley Te q rritory.

Ridl o ey is the world's first and only fully automatic cruiser motorcycle. The new Au y togIide series of automatic motorcycle allows a person to en p joy the experience of motorcycle riding and quit worrying about shifting into the right gear.

Ext p reme lnnovations will introduce the Ridle g y Motorcyc w les into its Extreme Toys Rental Div c ision.
This sleek new addition to its fleet will make it easy for even novice riders to enjoy the pleasures of the open road or a simple jaunt around town.

About Extrem x e lnnovati q ons:

Extre z me Innovations, Inc. market l s, se o lls, and distrib x utes cutting edge recre q ational vehicles.
Extreme Inn w ovations, Inc. is devoted to providing new, extreme recreational produc l ts with a marketin r g platform as well as s z ales support to help bring them to mark s et.

Stop further communication by;

- Sending an elec d tronic-mail to: info [at] tentw b elvecorp [dot] com
- Dialing us: 310-LYV x -7434

Statement d s regarding fin k ancial matters in this press r t elease other than historical facts are forward-loo p king st s atements within the meaning of section 27 (a) of the secur c ities act of 1933, section 21 (e) of the secur y ities exchang s e act of 1934, and as that term is defined in the private securit c ies litig z ation reform act of 1995. The company intends that such stat r ements about the company's future expectations including future reven b ues and ea j rnings, and all other forwa d rd-looking statem z ents be subject to the safe ha f rbords created ther u eby. Since these statement k s (future operationa r l results and sale j s) involve risk and uncert w ainties, and are subject to change at any time, the company's actual results may differ materiall w y from expected results. In com a pliance with the securiti f es act of nineteen hundred thirty three, section 17 (b), the publisher of this news r letter disclos n es they received payme z nt from an unaff c iliated third party for the circul g ation of this report. Be aware of an inh s erent c b onflict of interest resulting from such compensation due to the fact that this is a pai r d advert p isement and is not without bi v as.

The other one is similar but different, with the title 'Re: P notice 10 96'

What's it all about?

And another thing, whilst i'm at it - what is OEM Software??

OEM = original equipment manufacturer.

The odd spellings etc. are an attempt to get around spam filters which use Bayesian logic, I'd say, or just mistranslation by a non-native English speaker.

So is OEM software dodgy, or illegal, or what? Why's it so cheap? It must be dodgy in some way.

The odd thing about the Ridley Motorcycle Pink SHeets thing (well ok one of the odd things) was that usually it's V1A-GGRA R--LLy CH-EEAP IT'S GOOD FOR YOUR SE-X L1FE and this is Motorcycles in Tampa FL???

Maybe the world is weirder than i ever realised.

lemonpie3 said:
So is OEM software dodgy, or illegal, or what? Why's it so cheap? It must be dodgy in some way.

OEM software has to be sold with a piece of hardware it's essentially 'bundled', usually with a new PC.

To sell it separately is technically against copyright and I believe illegal.

I recieved an odd one the other day, which I have ubfourtunately deleted. It was asking me to meet with Robert A. Wilson to discuss marketing his new buisness. Apparently their were fourtune 500 companies involved and Steve Jobs. Wish I still had it, it had me perplexed.

Here is one I received today, similar to the 419, maybe a different approach?

If You are firm of purpose, active and are willing to earn some cash,
then this offer is for You. The EcoLife Company is one of the largest
cleansing facility dealers in the world. Every year we go out to the
markets of different countries, keep and eye and study the demand and
sales-market in every new country. As a result of our move to the market of
Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, France and Greece we
are having temporary employee recruitment for the position of a financial
manager. It is required for You to be:
Honest and executive

- You must have a bank account
- You must have several free time hours per day
- You must have a phone number we can get through to You
- You must have an email address

The fact that You need no specialized knowledge or some sort of
financial investment is sure an indisputable bonus of our partnership. The job
we are offering to You consists of receiving bank wire transfers from
our clients and partners on to Your bank account. Once the money is on
Your account, You must send it to the customer’s representative office
that has the wares purchased by the customer in stock either via the
Western Union or via the Money Gram. For Your service You get from 5% to
7% from the total amount of transferred funds. The EcoLife Company
covers all other Western Union and Money Gram fees and costs.
Your service won’t be needed on a constant basis, but only for the time
of our sales-market study in Your region and also for the time of
registration of all necessary papers and the corporative accounts opening.
You don’t just earn cash by working with us, but also help saving and
cleaning our endangered environment.
If You have any questions, please contact us via email:

[email protected]

Special offer!
In order to work with us, you even may not have a bank account. You are
welcome to consult our manager via the e-mail regarding this offer.

The EcoLife Company is very grateful and thankful for Your attention to
our offer. www.monster.com supplied us with Your email at our desire
because Your email address has been subscribed to the job-offer
advertisements by You or someone else.

Best wishes to You

Klaus Preiss
EcoLife Company Administration

If the presence of this letter in Your email box is a mistake, the
EcoLife company administration makes its apologies. Simply delete the
letter.

I get that one a lot. I got a new one recently - a confirmation of an 800 quid purchase at somewhere-or-other.

When I hadn't bought anything, obviously. Decided it was an elaborate ploy to get me to click the link. So two fingers to 'em, i didn't.

Of course I'll be laughing on the other side of my face when my credit card gets smacked for 800 nicker.

From the Los Angeles Times

UCI Psychiatrist Bilked by Nigerian E-Mails, Suit Says

Dr. Louis A. Gottschalk lost perhaps $3 million over 10 years in the scam, his son alleges in court documents.

By William Lobdell, Times Staff Writer

March 2, 2006

A renowned psychiatrist from UC Irvine was duped into squandering at least $1.3 million of his family's fortune on a Nigeria Internet scam, according to a lawsuit recently filed by his son.

The son, also an Orange County doctor, said his father — Dr. Louis A. Gottschalk — gave as much as $3 million over a 10-year period in response to an Internet plea that promised the doctor a generous cut of a huge sum of cash trapped in African bank accounts in exchange for money advances.

The court documents, filed last month in Orange County Superior Court, allege Gottschalk even traveled to Africa to meet a shadowy figure known as "The General."

Gottschalk — who at 89 still works at the UCI campus medical plaza that bears his name — said in court papers that the losses were caused by "some bad investments."

Guy Gottschalk is asking a judge to remove his father as administrator of the $8-million family partnership that was set up for tax purposes after the death of his mother in 1993. A hearing is set for March 14.

The suit alleges that Louis Gottschalk destroyed bank records to cover up the amount of his losses.

"While it seems unlikely, even ludicrous, that a highly educated doctor like [Gottschalk] would fall prey to such an obvious con, that is exactly what happened," wrote Guy Gottschalk's attorney in court papers.

Louis Gottschalk and his attorney declined to comment, but they accuse Guy Gottschalk in court documents of carrying out an unspecified "vendetta" against his father. The son lost an earlier court effort to have a conservator oversee the family partnership.

Fred W. Anderson, a Santa Ana lawyer who represents Guy Gottschalk, said neither he nor his client would comment except to say, "This is an unfortunate and sad situation."

In court papers, Guy Gottschalk said his only motive was "to prevent Louis Gottschalk from continuing to be victimized by these devious Nigerian scams."

The Nigerian Internet scam — known in some circles as 419 after the Nigerian statute that outlaws fraud — is a long-running con that preys on people with e-mail accounts. Though there are scores of variations, the con begins with an unsolicited message from Nigeria or other African nation — usually from an alleged government official, banker or businessman who needs to find a way to get millions of dollars out of his country.

If the target of the sting agrees to set up a United States bank account and pay transfer fees and other charges, he's told that he'll get a substantial portion of the money once it is freed up.

Though many of the alleged Nigerian e-mails originate in other countries, Nigerian government officials said more than $700 million relating to 419 crimes had been seized in the last two years. Twelve people have been convicted in connection with the scam during that time, officials said.

While Nigerian solicitation e-mails are ubiquitous in cyberspace, the number of people in the United States who fall for the con is small, according to National White Collar Crime Center figures.

In 2005, 290 cases involving the Nigerian scam made up only 0.3% of the total complaints of Internet fraud lodged with the government. The median reported loss was $5,000.

But John Kane, research manager for the National White Collar Crime Center, said people blinded by greed continue to wire their money overseas.

"Although this scam has been around for years," he said, "you continue to see some people who forget the adage, 'If it's too good to be true, it probably is,' and fall prey to a get-rich-quick mentality."

Anthony Pratkanis, a UC Santa Cruz scholar and author of "Weapons of Fraud," said his studies show that cyberspace scam artists are adept at exploiting a victim's weakness, whether it's diminished mental capacity, greed or compassion.

"Then there's a line that gets crossed when they send in the money and then they're caught in a rationalization trap," Pratkanis said. "One way to convince yourself the scam is for real is to send more money, ironically enough."

In the Gottschalk case, both the amount of the alleged losses and the reputation of the victim set it apart.

Louis Gottschalk, a neuroscientist, is the founding chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at UCI College of Medicine. He gained national prominence by announcing in 1987 that President Reagan had been suffering from diminished mental ability as early as 1980.

He came to this conclusion by using the Gottschalk-Gleser scales, an internationally used diagnostic tool he helped develop for charting impairments in brain function, to measure speech patterns in Reagan's 1980 and 1984 presidential debates.

In 1997, Gottschalk gave $1.5 million to the UCI College of Medicine. In exchange, school officials named the medical plaza after him and his late wife.

More recently, Gottschalk coinvented software that uncovered a link between childhood attention-deficit disorder and adult addiction to alcohol and drugs. And in 2004, at age 87, he published his latest book, "World War II: Neuropsychiatric Casualties, Out of Sight, Out of Mind."

According to Guy Gottschalk's account contained in court papers, his father began responding to the solicitations from Nigeria in 1995. A year later, Louis Gottschalk traveled to Africa to meet "The General" and other Nigerians "to show them that he was sincere so he would get the money." Another court document said he also traveled to Amsterdam to meet the Nigerians.

Soon afterward, his son said Gottschalk admitted to him that he had lost $300,000 and that FBI agents concluded that he had been a victim of an Internet scam.

Several family members said that Louis Gottschalk promised to never again give money to Internet solicitors.

According to Louis Gottschalk's declaration, he had lost about $900,000 in "bad investments" by 1999. "I now realize that I was taken advantage of," he said.

But his son said his father kept clandestinely wiring money to the Nigerians at least until last fall.

Guy Gottschalk said that when he confronted his father in October, Louis Gottschalk said, "Don't worry, everything will be all right on Thursday because I will be getting $20 million."

The son said his father also told him he'd get the money this time because these were "different Nigerians."

A few days later, a judge rejected Guy Gottschalk's attempt to put a conservator over the family partnership. His father was evaluated by a court-appointed investigator and determined to be competent, legal documents show.

Gottschalk's attorneys argue that the lawsuit is unnecessary because the family partnership agreement allows for him to be removed by a majority vote of the limited partners.

In a deposition, Guy Gottschalk said the person who held the swing vote refused to take sides. It's unclear how many voting members there are.

---------
Copyright © 2006, The Los Angeles Times

http://ktla.trb.com/news/la-me-nigerian ... 5993.story

If I could get 290 people in the US to send me an average ofn $5k... Happy Days.

The whole court case sounds fishy - I can see people handing over a few grand in return for millions but handing over millions...

This came through at work - now I don't understand anything about shares, but I fail to see the sense or the point in this email? Surely if it really is tips, then how can the spammer be making money? Or are the spammers the people who will benefit? Aghhhhh brain is exploding

There is a Big PR Campaign running ALL Weekend!
Get KKPT First Thing, This Is Going To Run!

Check out Latest NEWS!

KOKO PETROLEUM (KKPT) - This is our #1 pick for next week!
Our last pick gained $2.16 in 4 days of trading.

Current Price: $1.10
5 day expected price $3.25
This has been a great producer in our last PR Campaign

KOKO Announces Corsicana Re-work Project and Production Results for its Barnett Shale Wells
Thursday April 6, 3:51 pm ET

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA--(MARKET WIRE)--Apr 6, 2006 -- KOKO Petroleum, Inc. (Other OTC:KKPT.PK - News) -
KOKO Petroleum, Inc. announced today that its operator for the Corsicana Field, JMT Resources, Ltd. ("JMT") will commence a re-work program on its Pecan Gap wells in the next week. The re-work program will consist of drilling six lateral bore production strings from the existing well bore. This process, known as Radial Jet Enhancement, will utilize high pressure fluids to drill the lateral well bores, which will extend out approximately 350' each.

JMT has contracted with Well Enhancement Services, LLC (www.wellenhancement.com) to perform the rework on its Pierce nos. 14 and 14a. A small sand frac will follow the drilling of the lateral well bores in order to enhance permeability and create larger access to the Pecan Gap reservoir. Total cost of the re-work per well is estimated to be approximately $50,000 USD.

Well Enhancement Services has reported increases in production for wells where the lateral was successfully placed. Average increases are reported to be from 300% to 1000%, which justify the incremental cost associated with the re-work project. Assuming positive results, JMT will re-work the second well, which is adjacent to the first and schedule the rework on its remaining Pecan Gap wells, which currently total 8.
[/quote]

painy2 said:
Here is one I received today, similar to the 419, maybe a different approach?

If You are firm of purpose, active and are willing to earn some cash,
then this offer is for You. ... EcoLife ...
Looks like one of those scams where they use your account to launder money that's probably been ripped off others through E-Bay scams, or just plain phishing phraud & etc.

It's illegal and probably downright criminal...

http://www.data-wales.co.uk/ni_fake_jobs.htm

Beware! Take Care!

Jahoosafat said:
I recieved an odd one the other day, which I have ubfourtunately deleted. It was asking me to meet with Robert A. Wilson to discuss marketing his new buisness. Apparently their were fourtune 500 companies involved and Steve Jobs. Wish I still had it, it had me perplexed.

Y'know, that one could've been genuine... :lol:

Back