• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Business-Proposition Emails

Timble2 said:
Not really a business proposition, but I found this in the mail today and wondered if I'd woken up in Alan Moore land...

From [email protected]

Dear Anonymous,

The purpose of this message is to inform you about the Revolution:

OCCUPY HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT IN LONDON ON NOVEMBER 5, 2012.
OCCUPY CONGRESS IN WASHINGTON D.C. ON NOVEMBER 11, 2012.

STOP WAR.
CANCEL ALL DEBT.
REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH.

Please, watch the "Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect" movie to find out why, how, and to have sound arguments to persuade others. The movie can be easily found with a search engine.

Please, print the flyers at 2012jubilee.info and distribute them.

Please, spread this message and the movie to everyone you know.

-Anonymous

Bah rumbled. Someones revealed the details of Myth & my Putsch.

What? Oh, darn.
Rumbled again. :)

Think this fits here.

Benin: US 'internet scam victim' freed by police
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18293883

Nigerian internet scammers are starting to move to Benin, experts say

Related Stories

Benin profile
Cyber-crime rising, report warns
Nigeria scams 'cost UK billions'

A US national kidnapped last week in Benin has been freed by security forces and two of his Nigerian abductors arrested, an official has said.

The man, who has not been identified, is believed to have travelled to the West African nation after reportedly being targeted by cybercriminals.

His kidnappers forced him to contact his family for a ransom, police said.

In recent years, there have been a number of foreigners held for ransom in West Africa after internet scams.

Correspondents say they often fall victim to promises of lucrative business opportunities.

Such kidnappings are rare in Benin, but there have been several cases in neighbouring Nigeria.

Pierre Dovonou, an expert on cybercrime based in Benin, told the BBC's Network Africa programme that, as a result of a Nigerian police crackdown on internet fraudsters, many had crossed over the border and were working from the former French colony.

"The kidnapped American has just been found in [the south-west] Mono region and two of his kidnappers, Nigerians, were arrested and are in the hands of the police in Benin," a spokesperson for Benin's interior ministry, Franck Kinninvo, told the AFP news agency.

"He was found with the combined efforts of the FBI and Benin police," Mr Kinninvo said.

The details of the case are unclear, a spokesperson for the US embassy in Nigeria said, AFP reports.

Security sources told Reuters news agency that the man had travelled to Benin to meet up with a group of people fr
om that country and neighbouring Nigeria that he had met on the internet.

I keep receiving emails identical in content but claiming to be from different senders regarding my recent job application. The emails all state that they have reviewed my cv and would like to invite me for an interview and state that to register for the process I need to click the link within.

At the time I received the first one I was applying for jobs through monster.com and apart from my being unwilling to open an email link I was put off by the sender's name being Paul Simon as none of the positions I'd applied for were related to becoming a member of any musical duos.

In the course of googling this particular scam I ended up trawling for hours through two sites whose members bait scammers and in some cases have produced spectacular and unbelievable results.

I would highly recommend checking these out as some of them are hilarious, one in particular involved making a scammer pay through the nose to receive what he had expected to be apple MacBook but which was in fact a weighted ring binder with a screen and keyboard crudely felt-tipped on it. Others are more harsh, and I struggle with the vindictiveness of it, but then remember the poor old singletons bamboozled into shelling out their life savings to bring home beloved 'injured servicemen' who are actually just guys sat in net cafes laughing their arses off as the cash comes rolling in.

Anyway, if interested may I suggest The 419ers and Scamming The Scammers.

Bye! X

*edited to break up a massive block of unappetising text!

I got this today

Dear Friend,
This is a personal email directed to you. My wife and I won an Euro Millions Jackpot Lottery of {GBP 101million Pounds} on December 11, 2011 and have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of ?1,000,000.00 Pounds to you as part of our own charity project to improve the lot of 20 lucky individuals all over the world. If you have received this email then you are one of the lucky recipients and all you have to do is get back to us so that we can send your details to the payout bank. You can verify this by visiting the web page below;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... amily.html
http://m.ibtimes.com/euromillions-eurom ... 29012.html

Dave and Angela Dawes
Contact our private emails : [email protected].
[email protected]

Now wouldn't it be nice if this were true!

I got this today

Dear Friend,
This is a personal email directed to you. My wife and I won an Euro Millions Jackpot Lottery of {GBP 101million Pounds} on December 11, 2011 and have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of ?1,000,000.00 Pounds to you as part of our own charity project to improve the lot of 20 lucky individuals all over the world. If you have received this email then you are one of the lucky recipients and all you have to do is get back to us so that we can send your details to the payout bank. You can verify this by visiting the web page below;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... amily.html
http://m.ibtimes.com/euromillions-eurom ... 29012.html

Dave and Angela Dawes
Contact our private emails : [email protected].
[email protected]

Not so much a business proposition, but wouldn't it be loverley [sic] if it were true!

I got this today

Dear Friend,

Not so much a business proposition, but wouldn't it be loverley [sic] if it were true!

I got this today

Dear Friend,
This is a personal email directed to you. My wife and I won an Euro Millions Jackpot Lottery of GBP 101million Pounds on December 11, 2011 and have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of ?1,000,000.00 Pounds to you as part of our own charity project to improve the lot of 20 lucky individuals all over the world. If you have received this email then you are one of the lucky recipients and all you have to do is get back to us so that we can send your details to the payout bank. You can verify this by visiting the web page below;

Oh, it did accept it, four times!

I've been scammed by the FTMB!

Mods please delete as required and save my blushes :oops:

Comes by text but you are directed to a yahoo email address.

Australian death threat text scam under investigation
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18968229

Police revealed they had received hundreds of worried phone calls from citizens

Related Stories

Scams hit worried LinkedIn users
'Spam capital' India arrests six
Would you snoop on your partner?

Thousands of Australians have received a "death threat" text, demanding they pay 5,000 Australian dollars ($5,140, £3,311) or face being murdered.

The scale of the scam has surprised the police authorities.

At a press conference in Queensland, Det Supt Brian Hay said: "Do not respond. Delete it immediately and don't panic... because that's what they prey upon."

The fraud is believed to be the work of an organised crime gang.

Huge scale

The message, which began to hit people's phones on Monday, reads: "Sum1 paid me to kill you. Get spared, 48hrs to pay $5000. If you inform the police or anybody, death is promised."

It directs people to a Yahoo email account which police have now disabled.

Mr Hay told reporters that enquiries were ongoing as to whether the criminals were based in Australia.

Some people had already fallen for the scam, mainly those with little experience of text messaging, he revealed.

He said that the scale of the scam was "unprecedented".

"We've never see this anything like this before - to have so many people contacted at the same time."

"There is an extraordinary amount of Australian consumer data that they are exploiting," he added.

He added that the scam was likely to be the work of organised criminals rather than an individual.

Sounds like one of those chain letter threats where they've cut out the bullshit and gone straight for the impending doom.

I shall have to be extra nice to this one, she is fair girl and badly understand on the cyberspace. :roll:

To: BRF

Hellooooo!
Elena is my name. Please,don`t worry. My letter is real. I real, and the fair girl.
I live in Russia. I am 28.
I write to you from the internet-club . To me the manager the Internet-cafe has helped to find you.
I badly understand on the cyberspace.
Therefore I have not understood where he has search yours email.
I hope, it will not push away you to me to answer. I search for the person for good friendship.
I wish to have the friend from your land. Your country was always interesting to me. I planned to arrive to your land for work.
I send you my picture. You can see me. Send me your pictures also.
I wish to get acquainted with you. I think, we can become good friends.
I hope, that you shall answer me. I shall be glad to receive your letter.
I shall necessarily answer you. I shall write to you to more essential letter after time. I shall write about me something.
We can exchange a photo, and video is possible. O'k? Write to me necessarily.
I wait! Your Elena. Byee

Who needs to waste time going to college when this guy will sort you out with a degree in 30 days? To the best. 8)

Cordell Walker <[email protected]>
Subject: Submit your nomination for MBA
Date: 12 January 2013 04:28:47 GMT
To: [email protected].

Hello.
txxxx.xxxxn

Thousand people have improved the life thanks to us. Believe - we are able
to solve problems!
Pay to us today and in 30 days your world transformation to the best. Your
true certificate of degree

Bachelor’s, Master’s, MBA, PHD and Doctorate degrees have become more
affordable.Call us right now:I 31226-o793 -9 (inside US) or+13-1226o7939 (if
you are a citizen of another country) leave your contact data (name,phone
number and country code) and our managers will contact you
If you search to buy cheap "Replika Diplomas" do not call to us. We believe
our "products" are top in class, and you can't find anyone do better job
than us

I'm sure this is a legit speed-reading course.

Attila The Stockbroker just posted this on FB.

Attila Stockbroker
Don't often have an email starting 'Hi Stockbroker' so I thought I'd share it with you. :) Gold! Always believe in your soul...And I reckon this bloke is definitely trying to lead someone on a Spandau Ballet.

Hi Stockbroker,
Please my name is Nana Danquah, the first son of late King Osei Tutu Danquah the (iv) of Tarkwa, in Western Region of Ghana, i wish to contact and inform you that we have 250 poles of land and of 56KG of Gold Dust which we inherited from our late father the King of all, in our communities here in Tarkwa Western Region of Ghana, we the entire royal family had met and decided to sell 55kG of Gold Dust for us to purchasing some mining Equipments to help us mine in large quantity from the land.

Please we have has just shipped 55KG of Gold Dust to a buyer in United States through an Agent, but unfortunately before the agent concludes with shipment and arrived in the United States to contact the buyer for clearance and delivery to his refinery as agreed upon, the buyer was declared bankrupt by his local banks and so he can not help in clearing of the gold, the agent and the gold is now in United States as we speak now, so please you can provide us with your contact and delivery details so we can forward it to the Agent in United States to contact you for more details on how he can clear the gold and deliver it to you as the new buyer. If you are interested in buying the gold in United States.

Or please if you are also interested of helping us of clearing the gold and help us to sell them or if you are also interested of buying the gold from us too, you can get back to me for details, Note: please be informed that we are Royal family, we are not Gold dealers so our terms and conditions are very simple. Upon receipt of your response and interest, we shall forward to you details and some documents including FCO and Certificate of Assay test result of sample tested at Geological here, to enable us proceed.

Thanks and God bless as we look forward to your swift response and kindly provide me with your details and contact mobile phone number for more discussions in this regard you can also reply me to this alternative email address below: [email protected]

Sincerely,
Chief Nana Danquah

This is hilarious :D
Famous short-seller / blogger investigates Ukrainian scamming practices.
The comments are also fun:

http://brontecapital.blogspot.nl/2013/03/gonorrhoea-online-dating-and-credit.html

I decided to do an experiment – to see who was telling the truth.

I set up a fake male profile – as extreme as I could make it – to see whether I was scammed with fictional women. Here is my profile on girlsdateforfree.com – a Cupid PLC owned site.

Fat, lazy, poor sick guy wants support

I wish I would have saved the text.

Not too long ago I received a Nigerian phishing scam email from someone who, in all seriousness, insisted that his name was Cave Mann. :lol:

'Cave' being the Latin for 'beware'. :)

ramonmercado said:
Attila The Stockbroker just posted this on FB.

Thanks and God bless as we look forward to your swift response and kindly provide me with your details and contact mobile phone number for more discussions in this regard you can also reply me to this alternative email address below: [email protected]

Sincerely,
Chief Nana Danquah

Seeing that the name in his email address ends with an "8", I assume that there are at least 7 other Chief Nana Danquah's on the internet. :shock:

I think this is the right thread.....difficult to tell.....

Received in my (supposedly secure) work inbox this morning.....

January 20, 2007, where it remained for a further week before dropping out of the singles chart.

He was to get the death penalty. In fact the newspapers even went so far to include a 6th and 7th resolution the origin of which is still disputed.
One after another spoke of what they had experienced. Boca Raton, FL, Oct.
If they survived they were proven to be a witch and often burnt. Rush actively participates in philanthropic causes.
Bronstein timing method, the increment is always added after the move. Pennsylvania 500 and a fifth place finish at Michigan. Episodes are 9 months behind those airing in the US at present.

That's it! No links or attachments.

Apologies for the double-post...but....I got another equally random message. To our 'team' inbox this time......

Celebrating our strength and achieving our potential.

The room also had columns and had its chairs fixed to the floor, a typical feature of older ocean liners. Two years later, he became Managing Director.
In 2001, CBBC switched to widescreen and as a result the branding was altered. Apart from this, all other voice breaks are the same across all regions taking the Network breakfast.
In 1862 he returned to Cambridge as a lecturer in moral sciences. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 343.
A fire, in 1795 and again in 1811, destroyed many parts of Montego Bay. The new property covered slightly over one end a half acres and cost Rs. Kumaraswamy, he was Minister for Water Resources Department.

The room also had columns and had its chairs fixed to the floor, a typical feature of older ocean liners. Two years later, he became Managing Director.
In 2001, CBBC switched to widescreen and as a result the branding was altered. Apart from this, all other voice breaks are the same across all regions taking the Network breakfast.
In 1862 he returned to Cambridge as a lecturer in moral sciences. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 343.
A fire, in 1795 and again in 1811, destroyed many parts of Montego Bay. The new property covered slightly over one end a half acres and cost Rs. Kumaraswamy, he was Minister for Water Resources Department.

There's a novel in there somewhere, but i fear it would be more fucked up than Fightclub.

It's the William Burroughs Doctor Who novel.

CarlosTheDJ said:
Apologies for the double-post...but....I got another equally random message. To our 'team' inbox this time......

It looks like Bayesian poisoning, it's a spamming technique that wraps spam in a cloud of non-spam words. Although in this case it looks like an attempt to see if a targeted address is an active account, and whether it has an effective spam-filter (ie do they get a read response)

Bayesian poisoning

That might explain what I just received:

Subject Line: A Venersborg barn built in 1918 is on the Washington Heritage Barn Register and is a good example of local architecture.

It was not to be expected that partisans would be encountered. Lina is also a vegetarian. Strato reprinted the full US issue with a different title page, and from issue 80 the US edition was used with a variant cover. Locals with aid from foreign donors have organized in turning their inns into accommodation enmities for ecotourism. These plans were never realized, and the remaining property was eventually developed as the Sanderlin Retail Center. Grisha III frigates also shadowed the U. Jean Schloss Fugett, Jr. Following high school he worked as a sports car mechanic for many years. English Queen Anne style which immediately followed the short lived English Baroque period.

I feel as if I've just walked into a lecture by a drunkard halfway through.

We had a spate of spam posts like that, usually containing links to knock off Louboutins and other tat hidden in them, on a tropical fish forum I help mod.

They were quite fascinating in a strange way!

If you get any dubious looking emails (in outlook, or your webmail) it is a good idea to drop them in the junkmail folder before viewing them, this converts all of the linked images and words into their full path addresses, though thats not much use on a forum.

IE: if you get an email from a bank that you are not sure of, with one of those "Click here to check your account" type links in it, if you really want to read it (though it is best just to delete it) drop it in the junkmail folder and you will be able to see exactly where that click would have taken you.

Back