• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Experience With Sigil Magic

GiantRobot said:
Elffriend said:
Thank you. That answers my question :D The tricky bit is the wording, making it unambiguous, but I'm working on it.

Yes - that's important. It kind of reminds me of the Monkey's Paw episode of the Simpsons - you have to be careful about what you wish for. Another reason to start small. ;)

Try to do it in the affirmative. Instead of 'it would be nice if I could have my cake and eat it' or, 'I'd like to have have my cake and eat it' start with 'I will have my cake and eat it ' as it's a positive statement. Because I use sigils for personal growth, I always The subconcious tends to ignore sigils that are not positive, but the affirmation at the beginning can be anything.

Also sigils can be charged more than once if you aren't sure.

Interestingly, I was flicking through a box of magazines earlier today, and I found FT 144, with Austin Osman Spare on the cover.

GiantRobot said:
Elffriend said:
Thank you. That answers my question :D The tricky bit is the wording, making it unambiguous, but I'm working on it.

Yes - that's important. It kind of reminds me of the Monkey's Paw episode of the Simpsons - you have to be careful about what you wish for. Another reason to start small. ;)

:lol: I remeber that episode. It's tricky because you wouldn't want someone else to read it and test it's ambiguity. Well I have created my first sigil proper so lets just see......

edit : I haven't charged it yet though, I'm still at work :shock:

razorblimp said:

But not too much, or you'll go blind. ;)

Interestingly, I was flicking through a box of magazines earlier today, and I found FT 144, with Austin Osman Spare on the cover.

That's an excellent issue. AOS was a really good artist. I've very impressed, especially by his drawings - they've got very clear and deliberate lines. That probably tells you something about the guy.

GiantRobot said:
razorblimp said:

But not too much, or you'll go blind. ;)

My vision dimmed a couple of years ago. I'd put it down to old age.

That's an excellent issue. AOS was a really good artist. I've very impressed, especially by his drawings - they've got very clear and deliberate lines. That probably tells you something about the guy.

I believe his artwork is extremely difficult to get hold of. I know Alan Moore has at least a few charcoal sketches and is a great admirer of his, but says they cost the earth to buy. Strange. As an artist, I'd never heard of him until I started seriously looking into the occult.[/quote]

*edit due to my iffy code skills

I tried the exerciese in the article in my previous post, to see what would happen. It's a sigil for seeing a tall woman with pink shoes.

I wrote out the wish, but kind of screwed it up. I wrote red, rather than pink. I scrawled pink over the word red, and hoped for the best.

Anyway, sigil fired and forgotten.

So what happened this morning? I walked to the bus stop down some fairly deserted roads. One of the first women I see is wearing pink shoes, and is painted red. :shock:

But she wasn't particularly tall. :hmph:

The girl who work in the local sandwich shop I normally go to has got pink trainers on, and the tall girl who I see hurriedly walking past me most mornings is wearing red shoes.

So not bad, I think. Seems like it's had a bit of a scattergun effect, though. :D

GiantRobot said:
I tried the exerciese in the article in my previous post, to see what would happen. It's a sigil for seeing a tall woman with pink shoes.

I wrote out the wish, but kind of screwed it up. I wrote red, rather than pink. I scrawled pink over the word red, and hoped for the best.

So what happened this morning? I walked to the bus stop down some fairly deserted roads. One of the first women I see is wearing pink shoes, and is painted red. :shock:

The girl who work in the local sandwich shop I normally go to has got pink trainers on, and the tall girl who I see hurriedly walking past me most mornings is wearing red shoes.

So not bad, I think. Seems like it's had a bit of a scattergun effect, though. :D

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Elffriend said:
GiantRobot said:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

pauldanielsp.jpg

And that's magick!

Excellent. Do we have you to blame/thank for Red Nose Day?

razorblimp said:
Excellent. Do we have you to blame/thank for Red Nose Day?

It took me a while to realise that's why she was painted red. :lol:

Is that the edge of a signature I see in the bottom right hand corner of Pauls photo?

From your personal collection perhaps? :?

razorblimp said:
Is that the edge of a signature I see in the bottom right hand corner of Pauls photo?

From your personal collection perhaps? :?

No, Google. ;)

Well I charged my first sigil so I will just have to see what happens.

Good Luck! and remember a watched pot never boils...:)

The first time I tried, I had all sorts of things happening and the coincidences totally spaced me out for ages. It totally opened my mind as to what I believed and how wrong I could be about things.

razorblimp said:

The first time I tried, I had all sorts of things happening and the coincidences totally spaced me out for ages. It totally opened my mind as to what I believed and how wrong I could be about things.

It's not that easy to forget though :( So I doubt my first will be a success because the question behind the sigil keeps coming back into my head.

Elffriend said:
razorblimp said:

It's not that easy to forget though :( So I doubt my first will be a success because the question behind the sigil keeps coming back into my head.

I think that's why it's best to go for really mundane things first, like my 'pink shoes' experiment. Thinking about that one didn't seem to stop it working out okay.

GiantRobot said:
Elffriend said:
razorblimp said:

I think that's why it's best to go for really mundane things first, like my 'pink shoes' experiment. Thinking about that one didn't seem to stop it working out okay.

Austin Spare said: "does not matter, need not be." Indifference is all that you need. I'm an excitable kind of person, so if I'm thinking about something too much, I'll go and do something to get my mind off it. Videogames tend to be good for this, reading or intellectual pursuits not so much when a sigil has been charged or I'm trying to forget what it's for.

Don't worry about it too much. :spinning

BTW, I opened my diary earlier and discovered about ten sigils that I haven't charged. I haven't got the faintest idea what they are for!

razorblimp said:
GiantRobot said:
Elffriend said:
razorblimp said:

Austin Spare said: "does not matter, need not be." Indifference is all that you need. I'm an excitable kind of person, so if I'm thinking about something too much, I'll go and do something to get my mind off it. Videogames tend to be good for this, reading or intellectual pursuits not so much when a sigil has been charged or I'm trying to forget what it's for.

Don't worry about it too much. :spinning

BTW, I opened my diary earlier and discovered about ten sigils that I haven't charged. I haven't got the faintest idea what they are for!

This leads to the question - do you really want to fire those off?

You might send a nice-bacon-sarnie sigil into the aether, having just turned vegetarian... :shock:

GiantRobot said:
This leads to the question - do you really want to fire those off?

You might send a nice-bacon-sarnie sigil into the aether, having just turned vegetarian... :shock:

Yum! As an omnivore, I have no problem with that!

How exciting. Charge them up Razorblimp and see what happens. I think I'll try that......good way of forgetting what you have done.

Problem with the forgetting lark is a while ago I launched a few sigils that I'd already forgotten about and can't remember what on earth they were for, so now I don't know whether they worked or not. Nothing dramatic has happened, but I've undergone a fundamental shift in thinking that possibly will open up different doors - who knows!

But if anyone does know of an incredibly fast acting bacon sarnie sigil or would like to wend one my way, I'd be super grateful.

If you have difficulty forgetting then you could try doing a bunch of them in one go. You can't possibly remember them all.

My first one worked..............I am in shock........it worked it really worked :shock:

Thanks Cujo...I am doing that for the next ones, I have done loads and have already forgotten which is which :D

*Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap!*

Amazing isn't it?

Now, for the next level, you must summon any one of the lesser demons to help you with the washing up. :D :D

razorblimp said:

Amazing isn't it?

Now, for the next level, you must summon any one of the lesser demons to help you with the washing up. :D :D

demons are bad at washing up, i think it is something to do with their sulfurous home

Entia non multi said:
razorblimp said:

Amazing isn't it?

demons are bad at washing up, i think it is something to do with their sulfurous home

Yeah, but the sulfur is great for getting rid of stubborn, burnt on stains.

Elffriend said:
My first one worked..............I am in shock........it worked it really worked :shock:

Thanks Cujo...I am doing that for the next ones, I have done loads and have already forgotten which is which :D

Odd, isn't? To me, magick's a clear load of nonsense - but a load of nonsense that appears to work rather well. So I now use it happily, being the pragmatist that I am. :D

What was it you 'wished for'? (if it's not too rude to ask...)

Well I thought of something far fetched, a win on the premium bonds, and I got a cheque from them yesterday, and so did my mum and sister (I accidentally charged the sigil 3 times BTW :oops: ) :shock:

Elffriend said:
Well I thought of something far fetched, a win on the premium bonds, and I got a cheque from them yesterday, and so did my mum and sister :shock:

Oh. That's a bit... improbable, isn't it?

:shock:

I don't think you could say 'coincidence' without stretching probabilities to breaking point.

You clearly have a bit of magickal talent there, so try for the lottery next time! :D

Back