• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Miami

A

Anonymous

I'm off to Miami in a couple of weeks, any good fortean hotspots to visit?

i think there's a road in florida called the ufo highway (i think its in florida) there are stories of there being ufo's spotted there on most night's of the week

cas

i'll see if i have any links to it, if i do i'll post them in here

Isn't there a road somewhere in Florida that stalled cars travel uphill?

Oh yeah, Gulf Breeze too - i'll find out about ^^ in a few mins

Dont know about Miami, but I had a great time in St Peters burge, I visited several shops and not one person told me to have a nice day, that must be a Fortean event in itself.:p

Hills in Florida? Surely not. The whole place is a sandspit which will get washed away in a high tide soon, as global warming progresses.

But there is an interesting 'circle', right in Miami, which may be an old Indian encampment, under excavation. It's on prime waterfront land, which is really annoying to the owners who want to build big hotels there!

that was the one i think "the gulf breeze highway" i think thats the one i was thinking of with the ufo's

Geometry

There is the “Miami Stonehenge” (a title which should immediately set off alarm bells to Forteans, much as “the Greek Frank Sinatra” or the “Belgian Madonna” should to music fans) Be that as it may, here is a link
http://www.accesspro.net/dig/home.htm

But really, I’d say one of the Grand old Dames of Weirdness is home in Miami. The Bermuda Triangle (or for those who lean to the more dramatic: the “Devil’s Triangle”) is commonly drawn with one point at Miami. So, keep on the look out for Navy Avengers, Flight 19 and the Cyclops!

Have fun, you Lucky so & so. Here’s a good link for you.
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/southbeach

South Beach is a good place to witness the incredible daily Poseur Migration. The concentration of poseurs must surely be the highest in the world (though I've never been to Monaco).
If the poseur density gets too high I speculate it could implode into a concentration of tasteless slime.
You could make it interesting by playing a game - drink one beer for every guy you see videotaping a woman's arse. They'll have to carry you out.

why not just have a holiday and do the normal holiday thing, with disney world and bush garden's and just enjoy your self?

cas

Disney World? Yuk! That's really weird...

Yes ,there is a place called spook hill.It has a good writeup in the websitecalled roadside america.

Go to a big bookshop when you get there and see if there are any books about myths and legends of the area as a starting point.

Disney world is in Orlando and Bush Gardens is more Fort Lauderdale. Miami oceanarium is more like it

Back