Weird Names

Donna Black

Junior Acolyte
As possibly previously mentioned, my brother's former boss's name was Jan Glasscock. (The 'J' being pronounced as in 'jam' rather than 'yam'.)
He'd walk into an office to introduce himself and invite the workers to get the giggling over with quickly so that could all get down to some work. When he upset Bro, a round of brews was produced with a nice hot sugary tea in Bro's dog's personal mug for Jan.
I just came here to mention a Glasscock too - physics teacher if I recall. Teachers go through a special kind of hell with funny surnames.

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
A man whose name is Storm Denniss is being menaced by online trolls asking him not to wreak havoc on their homes and gardens over the weekend.

Mr Denniss claims he has been receiving "random messages" from strangers online since the Met Office predicted a 1,200-mile wide storm of the same name to hit the region over the coming days.
Storm Dennis could bring up to a month's worth of rainfall in just 24 hours when it hits the UK tomorrow.
But 24-year-old Mr Denniss, from Whitby, says he has been hounded with emails since the storm was forecast on Tuesday, just two days after Storm Ciara brought floods to the region.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...ging-him-not-ruin-their-homes-weekend-1740939