• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Scarecrows

One of my favourite (not favourite, if you know what I mean) scarecrows is from The Singing Detective (1986). It really creeped me out the first time I watched the series, and I still find it a bit disturbing:

One of my favourite (not favourite, if you know what I mean) scarecrows is from The Singing Detective (1986). It really creeped me out the first time I watched the series, and I still find it a bit disturbing:
One of the greatest TV programmes ever. Am I right, or am I right?

Plus, a young Joanne Whalley, so all is officially well in the world! (Am I right, or am I not wrong?)

"I'll find out things. I'll find out who done it."

My favourite is Bubba from Dark Night Of The Scarecrow .. Bubba is a kind and gentle mentally 'backwards' man who's best friend is a little girl. One day, the girl is mistaken for dead .. some townsfolk shoot him dead while he's trying to hide from them in a scarecrow. Bubba returns for revenge. This film's a lot more tasteful than it sounds.

One of the greatest TV programmes ever. Am I right, or am I right?

Plus, a young Joanne Whalley, so all is officially well in the world! (Am I right, or am I not wrong?)
You are right and you are right! I watched it recently, and it is still fresh and wonderful. I rave about it still.

My favourite is Bubba from Dark Night Of The Scarecrow .. Bubba is a kind and gentle mentally 'backwards' man who's best friend is a little girl. One day, the girl is mistaken for dead .. some townsfolk shoot him dead while he's trying to hide from them in a scarecrow. Bubba returns for revenge. This film's a lot more tasteful than it sounds.

forgotabout this film after I saw it on betamax - well done!

Don't know what the crows make of this one, but I'm betting there aren't too many poachers or trespassers in that field.

scarecrow.jpg

The scarecrows will exact vengeance for this.

Droxford village rocked by scarecrow festival vandalism

Scarecrows have been beheaded, stolen and vandalised the night before they were due to be judged in a village competition.

Almost 100 models were displayed across Droxford in Hampshire during September for a festival which is hosted every two years.

The festival was created by village residents in 2017 and this year involved 93 scarecrows, including Queen Elizabeth II, Paddington Bear, The University of Droxford and The Mask.

Film by Ben Moore and Ella Rozycki

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-hampshire-63059423

For anyone reading here who likes weird scarecrows, this film is a must watch.

Link fixed. Dark Night Of The Scarecrow ..

It's a creepy body count film that's more psychological than other stalk and slash genre stuff of that time ..

Last edited:
Blimey! That would frighten the ravens from the Tower!

King and Queen on show at scarecrow festival​

Scarecrows of King Charles and Queen Camilla
IMAGE SOURCE ,LOUISE HENSON/PA WIRE Image caption,King Charles and Queen Camilla were spotted ahead of their real life counterparts' visit to Wales next week

King Charles III and Queen Camilla are among the eye-catching "visitors" to a small town's scarecrow annual festival.

Louise Henson, 56, and Lizzy Heritage, 49, are better known as "the scarecrow ladies" after launching the events and competitions in Llysfaen, Conwy county. The two friends started getting creative with scarecrows outside their homes during lockdown to "make people laugh".

"There are lonely people in our community, and I think we've managed to help them and to give them a bit of a sense of purpose," said Lizzy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cn02gz5vpljo

Back