• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

That would be me. :nods:
It was to do with this item

Screenshot_20210918-200431_Reddit.jpg
Screenshot_20210918-200510_Reddit.jpg

I saw the vids, basically the same meaning I suppose
Yup, sounding is a medical practice that was superseded by more modern methods of measuring.
The word also refers to finding the depth of a body of water.
A person might 'sound out' a situation or a job.

So... you just put that stick in the Strid?

Changing location and having different clothes on, like when we drive to the Peak District for a bike ride?
Only you, Skargy, could compare anal sex to a bike ride around the Peak District.

Yup, sounding is a medical practice that was superseded by more modern methods of measuring.
The word also refers to finding the depth of a body of water.
A person might 'sound out' a situation or a job.
Homonyms.

Sounding the depth of a body of water comes from Latin "sub" meaning "below" and "unda' meaning "wave" (as in undulate). Sounding the depth was originally done with a length of line with a lead weight on the end. It is now done with an "echo sounder".

Strangely, "sound" as in a narrow stretch of water (e.g. Plymouth Sound) comes from old Norse, "sund" meaning "swimming, strait".

Coincidentally, the apparent link in meaning meaning is misleading. Both are mariner's terms relating to water, but they are from totally different roots.

The medical meaning (probing) is etymologically linked to sounding for depth, but as it comes from "under the waves" I assume that the mariners used it first and the doctors adopted it.

Sound relating to noise comes from a different root, Latin "sonus" (also the root of "sonar").

Then of course there is "sound" as in "in good solid condition" which apparently comes from Germanic and Dutch roots.

? Stick in-up yr penis, sounds terrible.
Terrible enough to make you stick your penis into a legendary watercourse from which nothing ever surfaces again alive or intact! :omg:

Reactions: Jim
Terrible enough to make you stick your penis into a legendary watercourse from which nothing ever surfaces again alive or intact! :omg:
Techy and I plan to visit the Strid. Two factors hold us back -
1. It's no good for cycling.
2. Techy is aware that I will try to jump over it and cause a world of trouble.

It's mainly through hearing about it at work in hospitals and of course knowing men who've done it with unpleasant outcomes.
Do remember reading about that fad where a man hooks up a cow's heart up to a car battery (or a sheep's heart?) so it starts moving and they'd use that for sex? ..... inevitably some idiot hooked a heart to the mains and ended up killing himself.

Reactions: RaM
Do remember reading about that fad where a man hooks up a cow's heart up to a car battery (or a sheep's heart?) so it starts moving and they'd use that for sex? ..... inevitably some idiot hooked a heart to the mains and ended up killing himself.
:rollingw:

Nope, that's a new one on me.

Sadly, Snopes says it's a yarn.

However, I can personally recommend the British Medical Journal* for gruesome and crucially 100% true accounts of self-inflicted sexual injury and death. The only thing doctors love more than being called out to a bizarre fetish-related death is sharing it with their ghoulish doctor mates.

Anyway, one can't feel sorry for these fools. What's wrong with an old-fashioned posh wank? :chuckle:

*I believe this can be accessed online from public libraries. There might even be ways of getting it online at home through a library subscription and the right app.

I thought this rang a bell! It is on this very thread, October, 4th, 2018, when Snopes was already spoiling the yarn!

I've enjoyed the sparse but interesting coverage of this legal dispute.

If you find the product on Amazon the list of 'related products' consists of rubber and silicone O-rings and gaskets in various sizes for automotive and plumbing repairs, all in economical bulk sets.

I bet you're tempted, eh, @Swifty? :wink2:

I've enjoyed the sparse but interesting coverage of this legal dispute.

If you find the product on Amazon the list of 'related products' consists of rubber and silicone O-rings and gaskets in various sizes for automotive and plumbing repairs, all in economical bulk sets.

I bet you're tempted, eh, @Swifty? :wink2:
What are they? .. cock rings? ..

What are they? .. cock rings? ..
Yup, well, Screaming O Ring O Super Stretchy Erection Cock Rings. Assorted Colors available.
  • Firmer and harder erections with more intense orgasms
  • Helps control premature ejaculation
  • Stretchy, comfortable erection ring
  • It is also great for keeping condoms in place and an excellent addition to any penis pump.
  • Made from soft SEBS silicone
They sound delightful. I'm having some after tea with custard.

Yup, well, Screaming O Ring O Super Stretchy Erection Cock Rings. Assorted Colors available.

They sound delightful. I'm having some after tea with custard.
I know the ones ... I had one once that had a switch that make it vibrate. A girlfriend loved it because it was at clit level but I only wore it twice because for me it was a bit of a passion killer ... I might as well have been wearing a clown nose. So put me down for a dozen please .. can't get enough of 'em! ..

I know the ones ... I had one once that had a switch that make it vibrate. A girlfriend loved it because it was at clit level but I only wore it twice because for me it was a bit of a passion killer ... I might as well have been wearing a clown nose. So put me down for a dozen please .. can't get enough of 'em! ..
Don't wear'em all at once, looks silly.

giraffe neck.jpg

Well yup, I did consult Snopes. Hence my statement that Sadly, Snopes says it's a yarn.
I didn't post for your sake - I posted for the sake of all the other members you'd left uninformed of any link to the Snopes treatment of the story.

I didn't post for your sake - I posted for the sake of all the other members you'd left uninformed of any link to the Snopes treatment of the story.
Nobody needs that level of handholding.

Back