• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

...unbelievably, perverts taking photos up women' skirts without their knowledge isn't against the law ?!

Yes, it is.

Just because there isn't an Act of Parliament entitled "The Taking Upskirt Pictures Act 1865" doesn't mean that it isn't against the law.

I'd go for the Common Law offence of Outraging Public Decency, but I might also consider abusive or disorderly behaviour under s.5 of the Public Order Act 1986.

Others may come to mind, but I haven't had my coffee yet.

maximus otter

I've just been watching a report on Sky news and, unbelievably, perverts taking photos up women' skirts without their knowledge isn't against the law ?! ... one woman interviewed had this happen to her at a music concert .. she confiscated the man' phone (complete with the picture still on it), showed it to the police and they said there was nothing they could do about it because it was "hard to prove" .. WTF ? .. of the few men who have been convicted, it's been for a lesser charge of public indecency.

Politicians are meeting today to try and get a specific law passed to make this an actual crime (the slang for this practice is apparently called 'upskirting', politicians are trying to now get a possible sentence of 2 years in prison for offenders) ... I'd argue offenders should have to sign the sex offenders register as well.

https://news.sky.com/story/upskirti...o-two-years-in-fail-under-law-change-11405180

There was an item on R4 (possibly You & Yours) recently about this. Many girls in school, and even teachers, wear shorts under skirts to thwart this practice. It should be seen as a form of assault.

It's not even legally voyeurism. Under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 it is an offence of voyeurism to photograph or record someone for sexual gratification without their consent while they are 'doing a private act'. (Like showering or using the lavatory.)
The loophole is that walking about wearing knickers is not exactly a 'private act'. The invasion of privacy necessary for a voyeurism prosecution would need to be based on a notion of an unauthorised access to a private area of the body or clothing, something like that.

Anyway, whatever the new offence is called it will offer two years' imprisonment so that's good news. Hopefully it will come under the Sexual Offences Act, with all that this entails.

Yes, it is.

Just because there isn't an Act of Parliament entitled "The Taking Upskirt Pictures Act 1865" doesn't mean that it isn't against the law.

I'd go for the Common Law offence of Outraging Public Decency, but I might also consider abusive or disorderly behaviour under s.5 of the Public Order Act 1986.

Others may come to mind, but I haven't had my coffee yet.

maximus otter
Sorry Max, I didn't word that very well .. what I meant to say (as you've pointed out) is that there isn't a specific law at the moment re "The taking upskirt pictures act" but the opinion is that that's going to change now thankfully. A man would have to prove now that he had consent to take an upskirt picture (unlikely if the man and woman were complete strangers) .... another angle to look at this is that upskirt pictures used to be on the front page of The Daily Sport, it wasn't lost on cynics that your Paris Hilton's and Katie Prices of the world might have allowed that to happen for publicity reasons each time they got out of a taxi to go into a nightclub but then again, maybe they didn't ..

Another angle is what if a man and a woman were a couple, she gave him permission at the time, he ran off with another woman afterwards and she now claims (after this new law is hopefully passed) that she didn't give consent as an act of revenge ? ... on the other side of this argument, I suppose a slippery pervert could also state that she did and it's just an act of revenge on her part because he broke up with her ..

The CCTV footage shown on Sky News this morning showed a man standing behind a woman in a grocery shop taking upskirt pics of her while he was also pretending to be looking at stuff on the bottom aisle on his side .. creepy stuff to say the least and definitely deserving of more than just a fine IMO.

Me and the Mrs watched part one of an American TV drama called '13 Reasons' detailing this sort of thing where a high school girl has committed suicide after someone shared a pic of her going down a slide and you could see her knickers .. humiliating for the character and an extremely depressing watch .. but it happens in real life.

... and the bill to make 'upskirting' a specific criminal offence has been blocked by a single MP, Conservative's Sir Christopher Chope ... FFS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44496427

.. a satire pic already from HappyToast at B3ta ..

aChopeKnighthood.jpg

Last edited:
I understand why he's blocked it, although it can seem frustrating. Christopher Chope generally takes a hard line towards introduction of new laws. He's being cautious.*
Perhaps instead of creating a new law willy-nilly, it needs to be added explicitly to existing legislation. As Maximus has pointed out, a law already exists that should cover it. Those policemen who decide not to do anything 'because there's no law about it' perhaps need to brush up on their legal training.

* Although he has filibustered a few things for no good reason in the past, it seems.

..Perhaps instead of creating a new law willy-nilly,..

Does this apply to Scots in kilts ?

INT21

I understand why he's blocked it, although it can seem frustrating. Christopher Chope generally takes a hard line towards introduction of new laws. He's being cautious.*
Perhaps instead of creating a new law willy-nilly, it needs to be added explicitly to existing legislation. As Maximus has pointed out, a law already exists that should cover it. Those policemen who decide not to do anything 'because there's no law about it' perhaps need to brush up on their legal training.

* Although he has filibustered a few things for no good reason in the past, it seems.
This report agrees with you ..

https://news.sky.com/story/why-mp-s...making-upskirting-a-criminal-offence-11406015

..Perhaps instead of creating a new law willy-nilly,..

Does this apply to Scots in kilts ?

INT21
Yes it does. There was a woman on the BBC the other morning speculating that that is the reason why it is already an offence here..

I always thought Michael Jackson's "Beat It" was his ode to onanism
Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

i may be about to do some weird sex ... tap-outs w/ chess clock ...

He claims to hate Private Members Bills but according to this he has brought 31 forward himself this year. https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/16/sir-...-but-has-created-31-in-the-last-year-7636993/

To cut and paste from a user of another board ..

Adult salps have an asexual phase called the oozoid and a sexual phase called the blastozooid. When it is ready to reproduce the solitary, asexual oozoid buds off clones of itself in long chains of salps. The salps in these chains develop into sexually reproducing blastozooids. First, the whole chain is female and all the individuals produce eggs that become fertilised by any male blastozooids nearby. The eggs develop internally and the salps give birth to live young that swim off to grow and develop into asexual oozoid adults. Finally the whole chain of salps become male and release sperm which fertilises the eggs of any nearby female blastozooids.

http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/museums/2018/06/22/specimen-of-the-week-348-the-salp/

Adult salps have an asexual phase called the oozoid and a sexual phase called the blastozooid. When it is ready to reproduce the solitary, asexual oozoid buds off clones of itself in long chains of salps. The salps in these chains develop into sexually reproducing blastozooids. First, the whole chain is female and all the individuals produce eggs that become fertilised by any male blastozooids nearby. The eggs develop internally and the salps give birth to live young that swim off to grow and develop into asexual oozoid adults. Finally the whole chain of salps become male and release sperm which fertilises the eggs of any nearby female blastozooids.

Hot.

NSFW!

Innsbruck museum visit, last Sunday:
A penis-shaped Roman oil lamp:
penis.jpg
Early photographic work by Matthias Herrmann:
penis2.jpg

Does the flame come out of the dick-hole or the raised butt-like part. What went in the panniers?

An ancient prophecy of Deliveroo?:willy:

NSFW!

Innsbruck museum visit, last Sunday:
A penis-shaped Roman oil lamp:
View attachment 10468
Early photographic work by Matthias Herrmann:
View attachment 10470
That's proper art that is .. and I've just sent Yith a video that's so vile (possibly worse than 2 girls one cup) I'm still a bit shaken up by it to be honest. If anyone has the stomach for it, send me a pm :pthumbsup:

From Twitter:

John McAfee‏Geverifieerd account@officialmcafee 10 u

Whale fucking. No joke. Each year, on Feb 1st, in the Molokai Channel, a few men compete in the world's only whale fucking contest. Humpback whales are easy to fuck- for a second or less. World record: 31 seconds. I competed once. Almost got my ribs crushed. Stick with Ostriches.
It's official - John McAfee is mentally ill.

From Twitter:

John McAfee‏Geverifieerd account@officialmcafee 10 u

Whale fucking. No joke. Each year, on Feb 1st, in the Molokai Channel, a few men compete in the world's only whale fucking contest. Humpback whales are easy to fuck- for a second or less. World record: 31 seconds. I competed once. Almost got my ribs crushed. Stick with Ostriches.

I thought he would more go for Sperm Whales.

From my favorite economics weblog:

http://gawker.com/5421854/tradition...es-still-alive-and-well-at-the-new-york-times

'Former New York Times editor Abe Rosenthal famously said, "I don't care if my reporters are fucking elephants, as long as they aren't covering the circus."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The story of what happened next — of a three-year affair that unfolded between a young reporter and a government official with access to top-secret information — is now part of a federal investigation that has rattled the world of Washington journalists and the sources they rely on.

Back