• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

There's something terribly wrong with this
Holyhead isn't actually on Anglesey.

It's on Holy Island, near enough! I go there now & then, haven't spotted any sex robots wandering around. Plenty of sheep though.

Good point.

Apparently it's in the county of Anglesey - or 'holding pen #UK99Z' as the EU probably call it on their secret maps. Probably.
Well it was shite in the early 1970's, so it'd make a good prison (Bitter? Me?)

I remember the pubs being closed on Sunday as late as 1990: everyone was at chapel, see?

I expect it's all 24/7 weed and opiate binges nowadays...progress? Hmm.

I remember the pubs being closed on Sunday as late as 1990

When did they stop tying up the playground swings on the Sabbath? I remember it was a thing in the sixties, when we were on family holidays. In my student days, I was too old - or young - to notice! :dsist:

When did they stop tying up the playground swings on the Sabbath? I remember it was a thing in the sixties, when we were on family holidays. In my student days, I was too old - or young - to notice! :dsist:

Really? I don't remember that happening at all. Children not allowed to have fun on Sundays? Whereabouts was this?

Last edited:

This was done in my northern town up to at least the mid-1980s. A relation who worked for the council had a job chaining up the ones near his house on Saturday evening.

Last weekend my wife and I saw a wonderful show of the early 1900 Belgian artist Edgard Tytgat. He has a lot of (lightly) erotic themes in his work. I found it funny, but also moving that he preferred unprofessional models, which leads to portraits of women that evidently feel awkward in this situation. From the documentation I understand that nothing untoward ever happened. He painted them in his own house, in the presence of his own wife with whom he had a life-long and satisfying marriage. Also fascinating that I had never heard of him, even though I'm an art nerd.

tytgat1.jpg
tytgat2.jpg
tytgat3.jpg

tytgat4.jpg

From my favorite economics weblog:

You know the story about the male Victorian physicians who unwittingly produced orgasms in their female clients by treating them for “hysteria” with newly-invented, labor-saving, mechanical vibrators? It’s little more than an urban legend albeit one transmitted through academic books and articles. Hallie Lieberman and Eric Schatzberg, the authors of a shocking new paper, A Failure of Academic Quality Control: The Technology of Orgasm, don’t quite use the word fraud but they come close.

But there’s only one problem with Maines’ argument: we could find no evidence that physicians ever used electromechanical vibrators to induce orgasms in female patients as a medical treatment. We examined every source that Maines cites in support of her core claim. None of these sources actually do so. We also discuss other evidence from this era that contradicts key aspects of Maines’ argument. This evidence shows that vibrators were indeed used penetratively, and that manual massage of female genitals was never a routine medical treatment for hysteria.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2018/09/hysteria.html

I'm shocked. This was one of my favorite weird tales ...

I'm not looking for one, or encouraging them, or thinking of becoming one, but do you still get flashers? In the 1970s a comedy show wouldn't be a comedy show without a flasher in it, turning their back to the camera and opening their mac. There's even one in Kinvig, to get Fortean. And one of the James Herbert rats books has one (Lair, I think?). Have they died out? Did people as described ever actually exist?

Have they died out?

The Internet has given exhibitionists* of all kinds the opportuntity to disport themselves without fear of the park-keeper's whistle.

Do they still have park-keepers? Do they blow whistles? Did they ever? I think the Beano invented them.

*They look - mainly - like faces in want of a good bush. Research conducted ages ago! :buck:

More seriously, life's flashers seem to have taken to the new media, granting their victims an unwanted view of their genitals upon the opening of any random message.

Safer to ditch the phone and go the park! :omr:

Last edited:
Not me .. I was working that day and I can prove it ..

Man 'had sex with blow-up doll' by M1
  • 27 September 2018

_103597204_62e9fbe8-00cc-4bca-8d42-61b6ac3ded6c.jpg
Image copyrightANONYMOUS
Image captionPolice searched for the naked man with the doll but he had left the area when they arrived
Police are investigating after a man was filmed by a lorry dashcam appearing to have sex with a blow-up doll at the side of the M1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-45664300

Back