• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

There are reports of links between sexual inequality (sexual Gini index) and incel and jihadi violence. Very speculative of course:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/opinion/sex-shame-incels-jihadists-minassian.html

And economists have used this measure in practice:
https://quillette.com/2019/03/12/attraction-inequality-and-the-dating-economy/
The economist Robin Hanson has written some fascinating articles that use the cold and inhuman logic economists are famous for to compare inequality of income to inequality of access to sex. If we follow a few steps of his reasoning, we can imagine the world of dating as something like an economy, in which people possess different amounts of attractiveness (the dating economy’s version of dollars) and those with more attractiveness can access more and better romantic experiences (the dating economy’s version of consumer goods). If we think of dating in this way, we can use the analytical tools of economics to reason about romance in the same way we reason about economies.

And there is a lot of frustration about sexual inequality on incel websites. With depressing graphics. I can see why Jordan Peterson has such a large following:
https://incels.wiki/w/Hypergamy

I have no fixed opinion on this, but the fact that the discussion exists at all is new and fascinating. There is a lot of bickering around this subject,

Last edited:
Let's say your average jaz mag, taking into account inflation, would average out at possibly about three quid each (at retail value) if we're only talking perhaps within the last thirty years? .. one thousand bongo books would equal 30k .. not including other media or possible sex toys would be my estimation.

If his collection perhaps instead consisted of 1920's 8mm film canisters of stag films, he might have some grounds to be angry I suppose if he was about to sell them to some sort of historical 'erotica' collector. I imagine he just had a load of old grubby VHS tapes instead though.

I've just realised I haven't done a dollars to pounds conversion. I'm thinking about this way too much.
@Swifty I think we can safely say regarding his collection that he splashed out quite a bit...

From twitter: I don't speak Chinese so it may not be true:

Jack Ma told Alibaba staff at a company group wedding they need to have the spirit of 996 at work, but in private life should also have that of 669, which is 6 times in six days, and be able to last long.

And here is the video. Oh it’s totally not sexist when he says that Alibaba males should aspire to be 669 (sex 6 days a week for a long time each time), and that it’s the job of the females to make sure they can do so. He also says we should be “hard” at work. So inappropriate!

Reading about economic theory (really!) and looking up Bernard Mandeville on Wikipedia I learned (besides economics) something nice:

Among other things, Mandeville argues that the basest and vilest behaviours produce positive economic effects. A libertine, for example, is a vicious character, and yet his spending will employ tailors, servants, perfumers, cooks, prostitutes. These persons, in turn, will employ bakers, carpenters, and the like. Therefore, the rapaciousness and violence of the base passions of the libertine benefit society in general. Similar satirical arguments were made by the Restoration and Augustan satirists. A famous example is Mandeville's "Modest Defence of Publick Stews," which argued for the introduction of public, state-controlled brothels. The 1726 paper acknowledges women's interests and mentions e.g. the clitoris as center of the female sexual pleasure.[12] Jonathan Swift's 1729 satire A Modest Proposal is probably an allusion to Mandeville's title.[12][13]

From twitter: I don't speak Chinese so it may not be true:

Jack Ma told Alibaba staff at a company group wedding they need to have the spirit of 996 at work, but in private life should also have that of 669, which is 6 times in six days, and be able to last long.

And here is the video. Oh it’s totally not sexist when he says that Alibaba males should aspire to be 669 (sex 6 days a week for a long time each time), and that it’s the job of the females to make sure they can do so. He also says we should be “hard” at work. So inappropriate!

Having sex every day seems like a great idea but it's actually pretty hard work, (no pun intended), we've tried it - it sort of becomes a chore.

Having sex every day seems like a great idea but it's actually pretty hard work, (no pun intended), we've tried it - it sort of becomes a chore.

I think someone wrote a book about that, having sex every day for one year:
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/relationships/a40163/sex-with-my-husband-every-day-for-a-year/

I remember it very well, that once in our marriage we had sex on four consecutive days. That is my personal maximum. But that was during an extremely rainy holiday in a relatively boring part of the Netherlands. Probably for lack of alternatives :)

I think someone wrote a book about that, having sex every day for one year:
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/relationships/a40163/sex-with-my-husband-every-day-for-a-year/

I remember it very well, that once in our marriage we had sex on four consecutive days. That is my personal maximum. But that was during an extremely rainy holiday in a relatively boring part of the Netherlands. Probably for lack of alternatives :)

Have you got the address for that rainy part of the Netherlands?

One thing's certain, it wasn't a Virgin Train. (And that's a story they'll never do on Thomas the Tank Engine).
I think the passengers missed a trick there, I'm fairly confident that if I'd been on that train with some mates, we'd have all loudly cheered just after he said "oh yeah, that's it". I wouldn't have shook his hand after getting off the train though.

I think the passengers missed a trick there, I'm fairly confident that if I'd been on that train with some mates, we'd have all loudly cheered just after he said "oh yeah, that's it". I wouldn't have shook his hand after getting off the train though.
@Swifty look dad no hands...
I dont think it was just the time he had on his hands..
Perhaps it's the love train!!

I can give my word that Ogred Weary wasn't anywhere near Northampton when this happened ..

Police Investigating After Teenager Discovers Fellow Gym-Goer Masturbated Into His Towel

http://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-tee...dYHihoELVzGMN2CSVnqiVBzFGnOzOczWrTTDcpcyon03Q
Pump Gyms in Northampton. Credit: SWNS
That wasn't the weird bit. This is the weird bit:-
"He said workers at Pump Gyms in Northampton looked at CCTV and confirmed the stain 'wasn't shampoo' and handed the video to police. "

They have CCTV in the changing rooms? :nails:

Pump Gyms in Northampton. Credit: SWNS
That wasn't the weird bit. This is the weird bit:-
"He said workers at Pump Gyms in Northampton looked at CCTV and confirmed the stain 'wasn't shampoo' and handed the video to police. "

They have CCTV in the changing rooms? :nails:
Oh dear, they're in trub now...

Back