• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Well, no, not wishing to use a cliché, but you don't know where they've been.

I missed this 'vibrant' local news story last month - a big bag of sex toys found dumped in the gutter in a Somerset town.

From https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/sex-toys-appear-been-dumped-3419879

" A variety of sex toys appear to have been dumped outside a bank in Bridgwater.

A post on Facebook from Richard Lees appears to show several pink and purple sex toys dumped by a pavement in the town centre.

Richard said he saw the haul outside the back of the Natwest bank on York Buildings.

However, he said he has no idea how they got there.

There appears to be between eight to ten items on the pavement of differing size..."

From the photo, there appears to be a good variety and selection! :sneaky2:
Wonder if the culprits are sitting on them? I don't think they'll come quietly however..

About 3 years back a mate that works at a local hospital told of removing a gerbil.
My first thought was how was the gerbil.
:moon::wtf::dunno:

It was a popular urban legend when I was at school in the mid 80s, also a related U/L that it was where the Pet Shop Boys got their name from.

The internet seems to best remember it in relation to Richard Gere:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/richard-gere-gerbil/

She apparently is a “family and consumer science teacher“ I’m assuming this is Texas speak for cookery classes.
Family and consumer science. Let's think about this... Family. Consumption. Science... (Biology is a science). Well she certainly consumed something biological that might have started a family. I'd say that given she's a Texan, she's probably within her job description provided she didn't charge more than minimum wage.

Family and consumer science. Let's think about this... Family. Consumption. Science... (Biology is a science). Well she certainly consumed something biological that might have started a family. I'd say that given she's a Texan, she's probably within her job description provided she didn't charge more than minimum wage.

:bdown:

maximus otter

German medical insurance company made an ad where they recommend masturbation for a better night's sleep.

One photo shows a sex toy designed for women masturbation. "If you can't sleep again, just put your hand on it or get a toy, then sleep comes all by yourself," the text reads. In a short time, more than 1300 comments gathered under the post.

Barmer spokesman Daniel Freudenreich confirmed that this is not a fake: "There are still issues that are often kept secret, even though they affect the vast majority of people. With our entry on Facebook, we wanted to point out one of these topics with a wink."

However the self-help toy is not covered by the insurance policy :)

Meanwhile, the Barmer's social media team answered questions about the cost of the sex toy shown: "We can't help with the purchase and execution. All that comes from us is the health tip."

I think the problem is we know exactly where they've been?

What amazes me is that this guy was apparently given a blow job by an attractive woman (twice) and instead of just saying to her it is inappropriate, (slight wimp syndrome) he reports her and she loses her job. (complete arsehole syndrome).

I'll bet his mates (if he has any these days) will make a sport out of pointing this out to all around him every chance they get.
The best mans speech at his wedding, if he ever has one, should be interesting.

...And we all remember the day that (x).....

The moral of the tale....

If one is going to give head to a dick, don't pick a dickhead to do it to.

INT21.

On Twitter someone asked:

What’s something you’d say during sex but also in a Goodreads review?
I’ll start: ‘I had high expectations but this was ultimately hugely disappointing.’

Some replies:

Came on time. Five stars.
Hard to get into. Never really grabbed me
Gave up half way through
I really hated the main character
‘Should come with tissues.’
This was more horror than fantasy.

Following the or8iginal example:

Once I'd started I couldn't stop!

Kept me up all night!

Lost interest halfway through.

But they aren't they aren't things I'd say during sex... :rollingw:

While discussing the (maybe) unfortunate Dakota ad campaign: METH. WE'RE ON IT ...
1575656095965.png
... the authors pointed to another (maybe unfortunate) ad campaign: DON'T JERK AND DRIVE (it's about driving in snow)
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2014/12/south-dakota-yanks-dont-jerk-drive-campaign.html

1575656202103.png
The practice seems to be frequent:
https://jezebel.com/masturbating-while-driving-is-disturbingly-popular-5570815

I'll put this here because I can't find the "we're all going to die" thread:

https://www.kirkdurston.com/blog/unwin

Unwin examines the data from 86 societies and civilizations to see if there is a relationship between sexual freedom and the flourishing of cultures. Unwin published his findings in 1936, long before the sexual revolution that occurred in the West.

Effect of sexual constraints: Increased sexual constraints, either pre or post-nuptial, always led to increased flourishing of a culture. Conversely, increased sexual freedom always led to the collapse of a culture three generations later.

Effect of abandoning prenuptial chastity: When strict prenuptial chastity was no longer the norm, absolute monogamy, deism, and rational thinking also disappeared within three generations.

Total sexual freedom: If total sexual freedom was embraced by a culture, that culture collapsed within three generations to the lowest state of flourishing — which Unwin describes as “inert” and at a “dead level of conception” and is characterized by people who have little interest in much else other than their own wants and needs. At this level, the culture is usually conquered or taken over by another culture with greater social energy.

1936? I'd be very wary of using anthropological and archaeological analyses of cultures from then without looking at reappraisals. In practice a publication date of 1936 means the data is likely to be from 1930 backwards, including late nineteenth century works. We handle data, analysis and synthesis very differently now.

Do we have anything about the way Unwin arrived at classifications?

For example: " total sexual freedom " will include our definitions of incest, paedophilia, and snuff. Is Unwin including these or is Unwin's "total sexual freedom" based on a more cloistered understanding?

I think this would be interesting and worth redoing with more modern data :D

I also suspect that we havhe also changed in our definitions of culture and what makes it important and possibly worth preserving.

I doubt even the Romans at their most debauched had total sexual freedom. What were this guy's research models? Sounds like he started from a puritan's standpoint.

Unwin's book can be viewed in its entirety at the Wayback Machine:

https://archive.org/details/b20442580/page/n7

Unwin's larger set of 80 societies were selected from "primitive" or "uncivilized" (his term) cultures, and his data was therefore limited to the state of ethnographic collections and analyses as of the 1930's (itself "primitive" by today's standards).

The smaller set of 6 "civilized" societies he included were the Sumerians, Babylonians, Hellenes (Greeks), Romans, Anglo-Saxons, and English.

A summary of his final conclusions can be found starting at the bottom of page xiv in the Preface.

Unwin admits to a worldview consistent with 19th century deterministic scientism and an orientation to human behavior that is clearly descended from Freud.

I'll stop with these basic introductory comments and leave it to you to judge how relevant, substantive, and / or perceptive Unwin's work may be.

Unwin's larger set of 80 societies were selected from "primitive" or "uncivilized" (his term) cultures, and his data was therefore limited to the state of ethnographic collections and analyses as of the 1930's (itself "primitive" by today's standards).

I agree that the statistics might be suspect and maybe are totally off. The "Golden Bough" is a great book, but also has not stood the test of time AFAIK.

Something else:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20191203-should-i-delete-tinder-these-millennials-think-so

It’s a pattern many long-term singles will be familiar with, with other complaints about the app-based dating experience ranging from a lack of matches to too many matches, misleading profiles, safety concerns, racist comments and unwanted explicit content. Not to mention a host of digital behaviours so confusing we’ve had to make up new words for them, from ghosting and catfishing to pigging and orbiting.

While almost half of adults under 35 living in the US and the UK have tried some form of digital dating, and the multibillion-dollar industry increased by 11% in North America between 2014 and the start of 2019, there are growing signs that many would rather not be using these methods. A BBC survey in 2018 found that dating apps are the least preferred way for 16- to 34-year-old Britons to meet someone new.

From a German highway restroom. I try to drink a lot of water when I travel, so I saw a lot of them. These things were everywhere.
Now I'm thinking … someone must have designed this product, found the " right" product name and designed the packaging. That must be a weird feeling, or not? :)
sfort01.jpg
sfort02.jpg

Last edited:
From a German highway restroom. I try to drink a lot of water when I travel, so I saw a lot of them. These things were everywhere.
Now I'm thinking … someone must have designed this product, found the " right" product name and designed the packaging. That must be a weird feeling, or not? :)
Am I missing something? What's the product?

Back