• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

Why was it "the hell number"? Because it was 6 minutes before lunch at noon? Because 11 : 34 is a significant ratio? Because of local 4th grader traditions? Or what?
What was the teacher doing? Was he/she "bowing backwards" as well?

And whatever happened to Mooky? Maybe you were conversing with a nature spirit.

Why was it "the hell number"? Because it was 6 minutes before lunch at noon? Because 11 : 34 is a significant ratio? Because of local 4th grader traditions? Or what? ...

It alludes to an old gag involving LCD displays on early calculators. Enter the number 1134, then flip the display upside-down ...

1134-hEll.jpg

You haven't answered my question about Mooky.

Obviously, there is a problem with digital time displays.
I recommend switching to an analog existence. In this universe, 11:34 upside down means it's time to leave work! Woo hoo!
clock.jpg

Talking of hell numbers... I once was assigned a mobile phone number that ended -666. One of my sons coveted it so much I gave him that phone account and just got myself a new one. That was probably ten years ago but he still has, and loves, his 'devil' phone number.

We have a thread on the number 666! Loads of good stories on there.

One of my debit cards had 666 as the security number. Techy was GREEN with envy. When were out shopping one day and I bought fruit to the value of £6.66, he was LIVID.
A local taxi company had the number 666666. They had MY custom.

I remember the gag as an address, "7734 Upside Down Street" when I was a kid, before I ever encountered a digital clock. The kid who showed it to me wrote 7734 on a piece of paper and then turned it around to demonstrate. We all wrote the numeral 4 with an open top. Of course, the digital rendering is very effective.

Not Reddit but Twitter:
Some I like:

When I was six or seven I talked to my doctor about hallucinations I was having of a tiny king marching his troops across my bedroom floor shouting orders in a high squeaky voice.

My grandma telling me the world is made by the mind.

That our personal horizon points are the end of the world

repeated a word consistenly in my head; its last syllable joined with the first one, so you could think about it like another different word; I did it for a long time and suddenly words lost meaning and I entered a trance state

one of my earliest childhood memories: I was living guam about 5 years old, woke in the middle of night to see a long limbed humanoid (proportions were off, small torso/long limbs almost ape like) crawl right to left across my window seal.

Maybe more metaphysical than occult, but aged 5 or 6 and wondering whether anyone experienced reality at all the same way as anyone else. The idea that other people might be seeing infrared, or in negative, or in x-ray, but we all assumed we were describing the same thing.

I remember trying to mix a 'lion potion' with dandelions because their name contains 'lion' (in German, too).

When I was very young I would see and converse with a leafy swamplike creature I called Mooky

My entire fourth grade class used to bow backwards to the clock at 11:34 because it was the "hell number"
Lots of interesting things in there. Many of them fit nicely in my current ideas about reality.

I'm still wondering what ever happened to Mooky. (I guess I asked the wrong person. :fhtagn: )

Not quite relevent to the thread but last night as I was about to log off I noticed I'd got 66 messages, 222 likes and 33 points which was kind of neat but otherwise meaningless. :)

Sollywos x

Last edited:
(Trsnsplanted from the Transdimensional Gas Station thread.)

The entities behind the gas station seem to have branched out into the fast food business.

I recently discovered this on Reddit - a transdimensional burger van.

renderTimingPixel.png

Back around 7 years ago, I was in the car with my step-mom, my half-sister which was still an infant and my little brother. It was night time, we were driving down a road that goes through a forest, heading towards my grandma's place which is where my dad was waiting at for us to pick him up.
It was dark and we got lost for a bit. We came across a cross road and there was a burger stall at one of the corners. My step-mom thought of packing some burgers since we hadn't had our dinner yet. So we parked and orderd some. We talked to the workers and laugh with them for a bit. They had lamps but for some reason it doesn't attract flies or moths, but straight up bees.
So, once we got our burgers, we got back in the car and waved them goodbye. We drove straight for about 3 minutes and there was a dead end.
My step-mom did a quick three point turn and drove back to the cross road and thinking of asking the burger stall worker for directions but only to find out that the stall was gone.
No trace whatsoever. Like it was never there and all we did was just a dream. Nothing was there. We were all spooked and took a glance at our packed burgers to make sure if all of that was real, and it was. The burgers were still there in our car and still warm.
We kept quiet the whole night.

Last edited by a moderator:
The entities behind the gas station seem to have branched out into the fast food business.

I recently discovered this on Reddit - a transdimensional burger van.

renderTimingPixel.png

Back around 7 years ago, I was in the car with my step-mom, my half-sister which was still an infant and my little brother. It was night time, we were driving down a road that goes through a forest, heading towards my grandma's place which is where my dad was waiting at for us to pick him up.
It was dark and we got lost for a bit. We came across a cross road and there was a burger stall at one of the corners. My step-mom thought of packing some burgers since we hadn't had our dinner yet. So we parked and orderd some. We talked to the workers and laugh with them for a bit. They had lamps but for some reason it doesn't attract flies or moths, but straight up bees.
So, once we got our burgers, we got back in the car and waved them goodbye. We drove straight for about 3 minutes and there was a dead end.
My step-mom did a quick three point turn and drove back to the cross road and thinking of asking the burger stall worker for directions but only to find out that the stall was gone.
No trace whatsoever. Like it was never there and all we did was just a dream. Nothing was there. We were all spooked and took a glance at our packed burgers to make sure if all of that was real, and it was. The burgers were still there in our car and still warm.
We kept quiet the whole night.
i recognise that as being a potential case of, driving significantly more than 3 minutes after the van to the dead end (having just recommenced journey with burgers etc would not be focussed on time/distance), then being caught out by the dead end itself, followed by a period of close monitoring of the return route following being caught out ("surely we shouldve passed that burger van by now") ... perhaps a corrective reroute on way back saw the vehicle take a turn before they got back to burger van junction ?

either way ive had similar experiences many times over, due to lapses in awareness and lack of focus ...

Back