• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Weather

On the way home today it may have been the hottest day in the memory of UK man
but it was leathering it down, roads flooded and lightening filling the sky, got out of
the car and both of us had our hair was standing on end due to the static charge in the air,
looked like a pair of gonks.

One curious event on the UK's second-hottest day on record was a 'heat burst' at the oddly-named Donna Nook on the Lincolnshire coast. At 9pm, a decaying thunderstorm brought hot air rushing to the surface, raising the temperature from 22 to 32 Celsius in just half an hour. It returned to its previous level in about half that time. The phenomenon is pretty rare in the UK, and a temperature that high (90F in old money) at that time of the evening is just extraordinary.

One curious event on the UK's second-hottest day on record was a 'heat burst' at the oddly-named Donna Nook on the Lincolnshire coast. At 9pm, a decaying thunderstorm brought hot air rushing to the surface, raising the temperature from 22 to 32 Celsius in just half an hour. It returned to its previous level in about half that time. The phenomenon is pretty rare in the UK, and a temperature that high (90F in old money) at that time of the evening is just extraordinary.
I have a friend who lives down the coast from Donna Nook. I'll ask her if she experienced the sudden heat rise.

Extreme weather in Japan has killed 23 people, hospitalised 12,751 (!):
Hot in Japan

Not only the elderly, either.

From other articles it seems it reached about 101F/38C in parts of Japan and the death toll's up to 57 now.

The Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) said the surge in hospitalizations, deaths and people collapsing from heat stroke is partly due to people's bodies, which adapted to the cool weather of the rainy season and did not sweat much, have been unable to cope with the sudden spike in temperature, according to the Japan News.

Awful. Would that be classified as an epidemic if it was a disease outbreak?

Awful. Would that be classified as an epidemic if it was a disease outbreak?

According to Wiki : An epidemic is the rapid spread of infectious disease to a large number of people in a given population within a short period of time, usually two weeks or less. For example, in meningococcal infections, an attack rate in excess of 15 cases per 100,000 people for two consecutive weeks is considered an epidemic

Quick calculation says it affected about one in 10,000 people (126,800,000 / 12,751) in less than 2 weeks so yes, if this was an infectious agent it would probably be considered an epidemic.

So it's due to compression and excited molecules?

I just learned about heat bursts, they are claimed to have created some extraordinary effects.
https://weather.com/science/weather-explainers/news/heat-bursts-thunderstorms-explained
Had a quick look for related matter to do with people saying "it feels like the Sun seems hotter than usual."
I came across info which states that the Sun hasn't gotten any warmer than it usually is... except that effects from what is happening to the world is increasingly effecting the Ultra Violet, and various other types of UV, and that's why it seems to be warmer?

Skies over an Indonesian province turned red over the weekend, thanks to the widespread forest fires which have plagued huge parts of the country.

One resident in Jambi province, who captured pictures of the sky, said the haze had "hurt her eyes and throat".

Every year, fires in Indonesia create a smoky haze that can end up blanketing the entire South East Asian region.

A meteorology expert told the BBC the unusual sky was caused by a phenomenon known as Rayleigh scattering.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49793047

Revelation 6:12
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Skies over an Indonesian province turned red over the weekend, thanks to the widespread forest fires which have plagued huge parts of the country. One resident in Jambi province, who captured pictures of the sky, said the haze had "hurt her eyes and throat". Every year, fires in Indonesia create a smoky haze that can end up blanketing the entire South East Asian region. A meteorology expert told the BBC the unusual sky was caused by a phenomenon known as Rayleigh scattering. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49793047
Revelation 6:12
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

The situation in Indonesia is corrupt beyond reckoning and insanely ecologically irresponsible. Their capital Jakarta has become such an insoluble nightmare that the government has fled to a new capital in Kalimantan, a fitting destination given the Kali Yuga they are bringing about with their vandalism and kickbacks. You can do your part by boycotting products containing palm oil.

Products containing palm oil

Just to add to Alcho's post, the link is not totally against palm oil, which it says is the most efficient source of vegetable oil, - some is farmed more sustainably. It says

Look for the RSPO label to ensure you purchase products made with certified sustainable palm oil. This label gives you the confidence that the palm oil was produced in a socially and environmentally responsible way.

1569244902228.jpeg

So it's due to compression and excited molecules?
Just a bit curious to know... as the ice is reportedly in meltdown in certain places around the world, surely that'll mean that the sea and ocean volumes (surfaces) must also increase, and in so doing increase the air pressures above them?
Makes me wonder if the air pressures above have a limit to which they cannot go beyond, so I guess the increase in pressures must inevitably altar the weather patterns below them... any body know the answer to that one?

The air pressure per square meter will not increase due to that.
Any Idea what are the effects (i.e. on the basis that if you have an increase of something, then it must affect something else) 'Xanatic?'

The increase will be in water surface area. That should mean more moderate temperatures, as water tends to have that effect on surrounding areas.

The increase will be in water surface area. That should mean more moderate temperatures, as water tends to have that effect on surrounding areas.
Ah... now I get what you're saying! You mean what it does is spread the extra volume of water out onto the coastal land surfaces, yes?

Depending on the elevation of those land surfaces, yes.

Desertified areas will receive more rainfall and more green vegetation will grow.
So, not all bad then.

This post is a bit out there. however locally we really haven't had significant warming. This fall has already produced a snowstorm and a week in the teens - 20's. Seems we've had cold winters with plenty of snow and pleasant moderate summers (one major exception a few years back). My point is if it's global then we are part of the globe, excuse the pun.

Desertified areas will receive more rainfall and more green vegetation will grow.
So, not all bad then.

Raising water level also floods productive areas drowning the vegetation.

Plus constant rain keeps the ground cold and delays crops.

Raising water level also floods productive areas drowning the vegetation.

Plus constant rain keeps the ground cold and delays crops.
Desertified areas don't get constant rain.

I was thinking more along the lines of our (UK) weather that seems to be getting more rain in some areas than usual and at the wrong time of year.
Many crops need a ground temperature of around 15C to start growing. I have been measuring much lower than this when the new crops should have been well on their way.

The hydrological cycle of transpiration and evaporation, consolidation , then release hasn't stopped.

This is still going on - in fact, the warmer the oceans, the more evaporation there is. The problem is the instability of it all.

We have lost in Australia the expected predicability of rainfall, and now can watch it all head further east over the Tasman and the Pacific and then watch it dump down over the oceans and sea.

We like our weather to have some predictability, and when it doesn't fall where and when we want it to, then 'we' run around, screaming, and pulling our hair out.

I would be more worried about the ever increasing intensity of it all. We had, in NSW, a storm that went through the Greater Sydney Area that unleashed seven shades of hell, with some areas of Sydney still without power three days later.

The storm front lasted half an hour.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...o-47000-homes-as-90kmh-winds-bring-down-trees

Back