• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weddings: Weird, Woes & Disasters

At least she didn't put the ashes in the wedding cake.

A bride whose father died four months before her wedding still had him with her on the day after his ashes were incorporated into her acrylic nails.

Charlotte Watson and her husband Nick brought their wedding forward when Mick Barber's cancer spread. When he died shortly before the big day, Charlotte's cousin, who works as a nail artist, had the idea to use his ashes in her design.

"It really felt like he was there," said Charlotte, from Stoke-on-Trent.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-49933694

Was Dad still there until she hd to take the nails off? What did she do with the discarded nails?

Friend: 'So your Dad is now some tacky fake nails? How do you think he would feel about that?'
Her: 'It's what he would have wanted...'

I've just come across the following story as well...

Maybe just tag it onto this thread? ...rename topic something like, 'Jobbies at Weddings'...? :oops:

OCH AYE THE POO

Bride punches her kilt-wearing husband after he sits on her knee during the reception and leaves a POO stain on her dress

Source: The Sun Online
Date: 15 August, 2019

LET’S face it – other than professing your undying love for your other half, your wedding day is pretty much an excuse to have a big party with your nearest and dearest.

And while we’re sure most newlyweds will admit to having perhaps a little TOO much fun at their wedding reception, one red-faced groom has given all new meaning to the term “messy drunk” after he accidentally left a poo stain on his wife’s wedding dress.

[...]

In traditional Scottish fashion, the groom Angus McClure wore a kilt without pants for the wedding which took place in Greenock, Renfrewshire.

However, his traditional choice of attire spectacularly backfired when he, erm, “perched his poorly-wiped backside” on his bride Sarah Grant’s pristine white dress.

And let’s just say, there was no hiding the “unsightly smear” left behind.

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.amppro...bride-punches-kilt-wearing-husband-skid-mark/

I POO!

Lad’s horror as he accidentally ‘s*** himself’ during brother’s beach wedding – and the bride blames him for ‘ruining the whole thing’

Date: 1 August, 2019

IT doesn't matter if you've meticulously planned your wedding down to the last canape, there are some things that are simply out of your control.

But the one thing most brides don't prepare for? One of their wedding guests soiling themselves halfway through the ceremony.

Unfortunately for one bride, this nightmare became a reality as her new brother-in-law suffered an embarrassing mishap during her dream beach wedding.

Sharing the details of the unfortunate incident on Reddit, the mortified lad revealed how he started to "feel rather unwell" and get painful stomach cramps before the ceremony.

He confessed: "This is when I realised I needed to s***. Not a big deal, I can hold a s*** in."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9630184/lads-horror-accident-during-beach-wedding/

I've just come across the following story as well...

Maybe just tag it onto this thread? ...rename topic something like, 'Jobbies at Weddings'...? :oops:

OCH AYE THE POO

Bride punches her kilt-wearing husband after he sits on her knee during the reception and leaves a POO stain on her dress

Date: 15 August, 2019

LET’S face it – other than professing your undying love for your other half, your wedding day is pretty much an excuse to have a big party with your nearest and dearest.

And while we’re sure most newlyweds will admit to having perhaps a little TOO much fun at their wedding reception, one red-faced groom has given all new meaning to the term “messy drunk” after he accidentally left a poo stain on his wife’s wedding dress.

[...]

In traditional Scottish fashion, the groom Angus McClure wore a kilt without pants for the wedding which took place in Greenock, Renfrewshire.

However, his traditional choice of attire spectacularly backfired when he, erm, “perched his poorly-wiped backside” on his bride Sarah Grant’s pristine white dress.

And let’s just say, there was no hiding the “unsightly smear” left behind.

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.amppro...bride-punches-kilt-wearing-husband-skid-mark/

Undercrackers are there for a reason!

Naturists carry a towel to sit on as a polite way of avoiding this sort of incident.
Makes me wonder what a state kilts must be in if this is what goes on.

Ahhh ... Love in the time of COVID-19 ...

New-York-wedding-officiated-from-fourth-floor-apartment-window.jpg

New York wedding officiated from fourth-floor apartment window

A New York couple practiced safe social distancing during their outdoor wedding by having the ceremony officiated by a friend from the window of his fourth floor apartment.

Reilly Jennings and Amanda Wheeler said they decided to move up their wedding, which was originally scheduled for October, due to fears the coronavirus crisis could worsen, so they procured a marriage license Thursday from the New York City Marriage Bureau with the intention of returning the following day for the ceremony.

The couple found their plans foiled Friday when Mayor Bill de Blasio ordered the bureau closed indefinitely amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Jennings and Wheeler elicited the help of friend Matt Wilson, a licensed marriage officiant, and held their wedding on the street outside of Wilson's apartment in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan.

Wheeler officiated the ceremony by leaning out the window of his apartment and shouting to the couple, who were on the street below.

"After a somber afternoon, one of our friends texted us on a group chat, letting us know he was ordained by the county clerk of New York and could do it," Jennings told CNN.

"We texted, 'Wanna marry us outside your window in the next 24hrs?' and he said 'YES!' To that I replied, 'How about in 90 minutes?' We both finished up work meetings, got dressed, picked up some flowers, and headed to his apartment around the corner," she said.

Jennings said the wedding was "the most New York moment ever."
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2020/0...-fourth-floor-apartment-window/2231584981174/

NC_bride0831_1920x1080.jpg

Here Comes The Bride ...
(She's the uppermost figure.)

Bride Amy Chu made a one-of-a-kind walk down the aisle before saying “I do” Friday.

Chu rappelled 250 feet down the side of Toledo’s Promedica Plaza to her waiting groom below.

The stunt was part of the “Over The Edge For Victory” event, an annual rappelling event that raises funds to benefit cancer patients and survivors.

Chu said beforehand she is afraid of heights, but she’s passionate about the Victory Center and its mission, so she’s facing that fear.

Both the bride and groom lost their dads to cancer.

The idea to get married at the bottom came from her mom.

Chu came prepared with her dress on underneath a white jumpsuit. She also wore a pink cape in honor a family friend and breast cancer survivor.

Friends and family came from hundreds of miles away to support the couple.

"My feet came away from the wall a little bit and I felt like, 'Uh oh, what's gonna happen?' But i got back on course. It was fun. Empowering. I did it." ...

FULL STORY: https://nbc24.com/news/local/bride-rappels-down-the-aisle-for-charity

Vid at link.

India couple takes the plunge to marry underwater

A couple literally took the plunge and got married 20 metres underwater off the coast of Chennai, a city in southern India. V Chinnadurai and S Swetha donned traditional clothes and exchanged garlands in a Hindu ceremony - all underwater.

Mr Chinnadurai is a licensed scuba diver but Ms Swetha took lessons and trained in the months leading up to the wedding. The entire ceremony was recorded before the couple swam back up to celebrate with family and friends.

Footage courtesy of Temple Adventures

Published12 hours ago

Section BBC News Subsection India

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-india-55948400

This could have turned out a lot worse ... The stretch limo carrying a bridal party to the wedding erupted in flames. Everyone escaped unharmed, and a replacement limo carried them on to the wedding venue. Video of the incident is available at the link below.
Bridal party's limo catches fire on way to Las Vegas church

A bridal party's trip to a Las Vegas church was delayed when their limousine caught fire on the way to the venue.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said the limousine was traveling on Interstate 15 southbound between Sahara and Spring Mountain when an occupant, a bride on the way to her wedding, smelled something burning. ...

The bridal party noticed moments later that smoke was coming from beneath the driver's seat, and the vehicle pulled over so the occupants could evacuate.

The vehicle was soon completely engulfed in flames. Witness Jay Hawk captured video of the limo burning while the bridal party stands nearby. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/03/16/bridal-party-Las-Vegas-limousine-fire/4441615909033/

This is one of those situations you might dismiss as ridiculous if it had been a soap opera plot ... At a wedding the mother of the groom discovers she's the real mother of the bride, but the wedding can proceed because it turns out the groom was adopted.

I can't confirm the original source because it's a Chinese language newspaper (Oriental Daily).
Woman finds out son's bride is her long-lost daughter on their wedding day

A woman attending her son's wedding was left in tears after she identified the bride as her long-lost daughter. The incident happened in Suzhou, Jiangsu province in China on March 31. The 'mother-in-law' noticed a birthmark on her new daughter-in-law's hand, which was similar to the one on her lost daughter's hand.

After spotting the birthmark, the woman approached the bride's parents and asked if she had been adopted over 20 years ago. The bride's family was baffled by the question as it had been a secret. However, they went on to reveal that they had found a baby girl by the roadside several years ago whom they brought up as their own daughter.

On hearing the story, the bride burst into tears. She wanted to know more about her biological parents. She described the moment of meeting her biological mother as "happier than the wedding day itself". ...

The bride was now concerned about marrying her elder brother. However, the mother-in-law revealed that there would be no objection to their marriage as the groom was also adopted.

The woman had adopted a boy after losing all hopes of finding her missing daughter. She had searched for her for years but in vain, Oriental Daily reported.

She said that there would be no problem in their marriage as they were not biological siblings.

The bride was relieved to know this and the couple completed their wedding rituals. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.timesnownews.com/the-bu...ong-lost-daughter-on-their-wedding-day/741660

Last edited:
Here's a great example of excessive hutzpah (if not outright fraud) in wedding planning. The groom and / or engaged couple cased a ritzy Florida estate advertised for sale and announced it as the venue for their two-day wedding extravaganza. The actual owner still lived on the property, knew nothing about this, and called police when people arrived to set up for the wedding festivities.
At this wedding, the bride and groom were the crashers

Courtney Wilson and Shenita Jones invited family and friends to their “dream home and estate” for their weekend wedding celebration: the ceremony Saturday, brunch on Sunday.

There was just one problem: The couple didn’t own the 16,300-square-foot (1,500-square-meter) mansion and didn’t have permission to use it.

The suburban Fort Lauderdale estate had everything: a bowling alley, swimming pool with a waterfall, hot tub, tennis courts, a gazebo and an 800-foot (240-meter) bar. Wilson said it was God’s plan that the couple marry there.

But despite what the invitation inferred, the actual owner, Nathan Finkel, never gave them permission to hold the festivities there. He was stunned when Wilson showed up Saturday morning to set up and he called police ...

Finkel ... has been trying to sell the property for two years ...

Wilson, posing as a potential buyer, toured the estate several months ago, said Keith Poliakoff, attorney for Southwest Ranches, the upscale suburb where Finkel resides.

“A few months later, this guy asked Nathan if he could use Nathan’s backyard for his wedding,” Poliakoff said. “Nathan said no.”

But that didn’t stop the couple from sending out elaborate invitations, detailing their love story: reconnecting 30 years after high school and how he proposed over pizza on Christmas Eve. The Saturday afternoon ceremony would be followed by a red carpet cocktail hour and a reception lasting past midnight. Sunday brunch would be from noon to 4.

“The guy figured it was a vacant house and didn’t realize Nathan lived on the property in a different home,” Poliakoff said. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/weddings...ale-oddities-130c7270d0d206f61e08f1b197779815

Crafty buggers, it didn't work out in the end though.

Keen to make the most of a statutory holiday for newlyweds, a couple from Taiwan found a novel way to maximise their honeymoon – by marrying four times in just over a month.

The unusual story, confirmed by Taipei’s Labour Department on Wednesday, is the latest to go viral and highlight innovative, if somewhat bizarre, loophole wrangling by Taiwanese citizens. Taiwanese companies are legally obliged to offer eight days of paid leave to
newlyweds
But an unnamed bank employee decided to game the system last year, claiming 32 days of leave using a novel ruse. Over a period of 37 days, he and his wife got married four times and divorced three times, claiming the full eight days for each of their nuptials. ...

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/art...get-married-four-times-37-days-maximise-leave

My wife and I have been married a long time.

At the time of our marriage, my wife was living in Brooklyn, New York.

In those days if you had limited money, you went to a wedding hall.

The hall gave you two hours of time, then you moved out and the next wedding party came in and so on.

My father and mother drove to Brooklyn, and since my wife and I we’re going to catch a plane I put our wedding gifts in my dad’s car.

Afterwards my dad’s car and gifts were stolen never to be seen again.

My dad rented a car to get back home not too happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
An Australian couple's wedding celebration was interrupted by one of their cows giving birth.
Farmer couple had their wedding interrupted after a cow gave birth

A cow has interrupted an Australian farming couple's wedding by giving birth to her heifer calf during the packed reception of 100 people.

Jessa Laws, 32, and her now husband Ben, 38, got married on Saturday April 24 on their farm in Gorae near Portland, Victoria.

Jessa told Daily Mail Australia her wedding dress was ruined but deemed it to be 'inconsequential' compared to the excitement of the newborn calf.

'We were expecting the birth as she was a few days overdue ... ,' she said.

The calf arrived at 7pm during the reception in front of several guests soon after the final wedding speech. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...nterrupted-after-a-cow-gave-birth/ar-BB1gcEeD

Bride dies of heart attack during wedding so groom marries her sister instead

From India.

Surabhi died of a 'massive cardiac arrest' that happened right in the middle of the wedding ceremony.

The woman's brother Saurabh was reported to have said: “We did not know what to do in the situation.

"Both the families sat together and someone suggested that my younger sister Nisha should be married to the groom.

“The families discussed the matter and both agreed."

"One daughter lay dead in one room and the wedding of another daughter was being solemnized in the other room.

"We have never witnessed such mixed emotions. The grief over her death and the happiness of the wedding has yet to sink in."

Back