Weird Weddings & Wedding Woes / Disasters

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
After a 21-year partnership and 5 children this couple arranges to finally marry when the man is diagnosed with terminal cancer. He died while standing "at the altar" awaiting his bride.
Tragedy as groom dies at the altar while bride is walking down the aisle

A BRIDE was left heartbroken after the love of her life died at the altar moments before they were to marry. ...

Paul Wynn, 57, became breathless as he waited for his partner Alison at the altar on Friday June 25 and, when she arrived, he slumped into a chair. Family members desperately administered CPR and used a defibrillator but were unable to revive the groom. ...

Paul, a freelance photographer, was told he had cancer just eight days before the ceremony ...

The disease was in his pancreas and had spread to his liver and lungs. He was given anywhere between six weeks and two months left to live.

So he and Alison brough their wedding forward in a bid to get hitched in the short time they had left together but, tragically, their final wish wasn’t fulfilled. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1457388/Dad-dead-wedding-church-altar-collapse-Saltcoats-Scotland

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
This Pennsylvania couple's long-delayed wedding hit a snag when the bride completely dislocated her knee during their ceremonial first dance. A few hours later - after getting the knee reset and herself bombed on painkillers - the bride returned and the reception continued.
Bride Dislocates Knee During First Dance, Then Returns to Reception After Hospital Visit

But no matter how hard you try, there are some things you can't plan for, as Paul Richter and Julie Benn found out during their ceremony over Independence Day weekend.

The couple, who have been together three years, have eagerly anticipated their wedding day following its postponement last July amid the COVID-19 pandemic. ...

On the day of the wedding, the two exchanged vows in front of loved ones, and before the reception, things appeared to be going off without a hitch. ...

Shortly after the two began their first dance as husband and wife to the Dave Matthews Band hit, "Stay," Paul gently dipped his newlywed wife — that's when the trouble began.

"I can't watch the video of it," 32-year-old Paul says of the moment Julie's left knee dislocated on the dance floor. ...

Emergency services arrived and took Julie to a local hospital where she remained for hours as doctors treated her injured knee. ...

After being given a max dosage of pain medications, doctors placed Julie under light sedation and reset her knee around 8:30 p.m. The couple then returned to the reception to rejoin the others who stayed following their abrupt departure ...
FULL STORY: https://people.com/human-interest/b...first-dance-returns-reception-after-hospital/