• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Weekend lineup 2016

I'd love to listen to the thylacine expedition talk. To be honest I wouldn't risk it though, because the spider baby has got a bit older now.

The line up is:
Steve Ignorant: The hidden history of Punch and Judy
Jackie Tonks: My encounter with Bigfoot
Lars Thomas: The Vikings and their Monsters
Richard Freeman: The Almasty
Steve Rider: Tales from the SUFOG archive
Glen Vaudrey: The Health and Safety Beast
Alan Dearling: Futurology and free cultural spaces around the world
Matt Cook: High Strangeness and hill forts
Mick Walters: The Dodleston messages
Julian Vayne: Chaos Magick
Music from Stargrace
Richard Freeman: Tasmania 2016 Expedition Report
Richard Muirhead: Weird Fauna: Peculiar and Rarely Observed Animal Behavior
Matthew Watkins: Retrocausality and other reverse-time phenomena
Shoshannah McCarthy: tba
Ronan Coghlan: Robin Hood: Origin of the legend
Jon Downes: Keynote Speech
PLUS:
The Tunnel of Goats
A Haunted Teddy Bear's Nest
The Spider Baby
A three legged sack
FOR KIDS:
The world famous cake eating contest
Nature walk with Lars Thomas
I hope that I am wrong, but it is looking as if a mixture of apathy, happenstance, and the fact that nobody has any money due to the Government's austerity measures, will probably call time on the Weird Weekend, at least for a while after this year. I always said that I would do ten and this one will be the seventeenth, but I will still be disappointed of it has to end. Ticket sales are the slowest ever. I strongly suspect that it is because of the financial insecurity that so many people are feeling at the moment, but I hope that it will turn itself around in the next few weeks. This year's Weird Weekend featuring our very own Steve Ignorant, sponsored by our very own Erik Norlander, compèred by me and the return of Nuneaton's Mr Entertainment, Barry Tadcaster with his pal Orang Pendek, and featuring a whole cornucopia of high strangeness and cerebral silliness. It would make me very happy if I could sell some more tickets..
find out all about the Weird Weekend
http://www.weirdweekend.org
buy tickets to the Weird Weekend:
http://tinyurl.com/jnke

Back