• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Can Tweets be embedded as viewable within the message body, as opposed to a simple link.

For example I have attempted to that here:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-good-stuff-online-thread.40345/post-2319582

and in the following message.

This used to be possible, or am I confused? Tried copying the address from the address bar and Twitter's own "copy link" button, I also attempted to embed as media on the board but this was not allowed.

I think change in URL from Twitter to X is what has thrown a spanner in the works.

I'll investigate.

Can Tweets be embedded as viewable within the message body, as opposed to a simple link.

For example I have attempted to that here:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-good-stuff-online-thread.40345/post-2319582

and in the following message.

This used to be possible, or am I confused? Tried copying the address from the address bar and Twitter's own "copy link" button, I also attempted to embed as media on the board but this was not allowed.

I was correct.

They both work now.

Use the Twitter version for the meantime.

I think change in URL from Twitter to X is what has thrown a spanner in the works.

I'll investigate.

I imagined it was something their end, as it were, the cock-ups at "X" continue apace it seems.

I’ve had six notifications for the same post on the Jack the Ripper thread. I commented that I’d had four notifications about it (then) on the thread. That post disappeared and I got two more notifications. I’ve unwatched and rewatched in the hope that will help.

I’ve had six notifications for the same post on the Jack the Ripper thread. I commented that I’d had four notifications about it (then) on the thread. That post disappeared and I got two more notifications. I’ve unwatched and rewatched in the hope that will help.

Addressed by PM.

Did we used to be able to search a specific sub-forum for a keyword? When I attempted just now there was no function available.

Did we used to be able to search a specific sub-forum for a keyword? When I attempted just now there was no function available.

Navigate into the subforum you want to search and then change 'everywhere' to 'this forum' in the drop-down menu of the in-page search function (magnifying glass icon, top-right).

I'm using the latest iteration of Firefox on Windows 11, and when I paste anything into a thread reply form, I lose all the formatting and tools options.

It is most annoying.

Any idea why?

I find that when I use the chain link, for some reason it puts whatever I have linked to the beginning of the sentence.
It didn't used to do this.
No major disaster, but a tad annoying.

In the past day I have had two notifications that such-and-such member has quoted your post, only to find the linked post is quoting someone else. Am I alone in getting these erroneous notifications?

Edit: it was the same poster both times.

I'm perusing the forum on my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy) and noticed that the icons above the text window for inserting images, formatting text etc. are greyed out and unselectable. Is that a known issue?

You beat me to it Yith. I am now an expert on one techie problem :cool:

Not your fault.

Multiple people have fallen foul of this—including me..
^this^ I think we can now form a very inconsequential group.

Back