Welcome To The New Board: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
The speed that these things get fixed boggles my mind. Their heart rates must go through the roof.

Carlos...one of the sites that went down was, ironically, downdetector. I was briefly in an infinite loop of downed websites!

INT21

Antediluvian
When I checked my Email tonight I had three pages of notifications from here. Going back to the 13 th.

But I know that all the old notifications were cleared out when I checked the Email yesterday. I do this every time I log onto the web.

This has happened on a few occasions.

Any ideas ?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
When I checked my Email tonight I had three pages of notifications from here. Going back to the 13 th.

But I know that all the old notifications were cleared out when I checked the Email yesterday. I do this every time I log onto the web.

This has happened on a few occasions.

Any ideas ?
None whatsoever, I'm afraid.

My general view is that notifications have always been unreliable on every incarnation of the board we've had them and it's better to simply roll up whenever you have time and check your alerts for quotes of your posts.

some kind of glitch in xenforo-software? apart from this one, I had the same glitch happening to me before on two other forum-sites: I always manage my personal settings into NOT getting any e-mail notifications, but every now and then I still get notified of some event happening, like a reply or quote or like.. when I uploaded a new avatar recently, it seems to have stopped sending me e-mails, probably just because I 'saved' my settings one more time.