• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Ok,so my post vanished.Odd.

Oh no it hasn't. Ignore me lololol
I noticed that too with mine but it appeared when I refreshed the page.

This is an outstanding issue that's been bugging us over the weekend. The new site is operating from servers in the USA, and transactions and security are handled through a cloud service.

Slow updating - resulting in having to refresh a page to see its current version - has been noted since the new site was established. We're still working on diagnosing and hopefully fixing the issue.

A mere "Thankyou" seems inadequate in light of how much has been saved, but thankyou will have to do.
People have worked hard, but we were hugely encouraged by the will and determination of the membership as a whole. We can all thank one another. Now - as EnolaGaia said there are bugs and so on, and doubtless issues will crop up as we go along, but mostly - we made it.

A most impressive job, fellas. I've seen a lot of discussion boards vanish, and a few that have moved more or less successfully, but never approaching anything like this! From here it looks almost seamless, but I know it took a lot of hard work by a dedicated group of people. Here's to ya.:boozing:

I'm so thrilled to be here again, and offer hearty congrats to all those involved with the hard work of making this transition go so smoothly!

Mazel tov!

That's also happened to me in the last 15 or so minutes .. I've just refreshed the homepage and I've got a new overview page to look at now which is a bloody relief! .. (and welcome back everyone)

I posted some words of wisdom (i.e. rambling defence) on the Doctor Who thread and the post has disappeared, and I note not all the posts are showing up as "new" and unread on this thread, so I'll just leave this as a heads-up/test combo.

Yeah, listen to Swifty, "Refresh" is the key at the moment.

homer-computer-woohoo.jpg

PLEASE KEEP ALL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ON-TOPIC WITH REGARD TO WELCOME-BACK COMMENTS OR TECHNICAL ISSUES.

The post a link link poster works fine, at least (I didn't quote anything!).

From here it looks like a totally painless transition.

Those who did the hard yakka will probably know better.

A big thanks to all those who have made this possible!

The whole nonsense about the end of the board all seems like a bad dream...

Well done all involved and a million thanks for preserving this place and keeping our community together!

Considering what's been pulled off here is almost enough to make you believe in miracles, a few rough edges can't be complained about. I almost feel like dancing! :hapdan:

The transition being invisible like it has been means a ton of work was done on the back end to make it so.

Thank you for the hard work!

Mysterious meanings in the way the new board fired up on 11th of 11th?

Cool! no trolls - yet! :boozing:

Thank you to all the clever people who have relocated our community. Kind of like going into another dimension.

"Help, I can't see my post!"

This is a major difficulty.

We experienced it during testing before the board went live, but it was intermittent. Now a lot of people are reporting that their posts/like/changes are invisible.

It's very likely indeed that whatever you posted/changed was actually posted or changed, the problem is that you are seeing an older (cached?) version of the page that was generated before the post/change: we dubbed this ghosting and it's highly annoying.

rev_dino has been informed, but for now the only solution seems to be either logging out, clearing cookies and logging back in or (more reasonably) hitting refresh multiple times until you see the change/post.

I'm sorry about this, but we had hoped that it would sort itself and it hasn't.

Added to known issues in post 1.

Hello all - so very happy this place has been saved and so grateful to all the hardworking people who made it happen. If we’d lost it all it would have been a tragedy. - And we even have our dear old avatars!

congrats guys! the hard work has paid off. we are no longer wandering around the ether, randomly muttering stuff to strangers...

Well done moderators and admin - what fantastic work. Welcome to Gordon Rutter as a mod.

I am being told that posts are being made or users were online in the future.

Yes, odd isn't it? We are aware of this glitch.

Back