• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Thank you all so much for this. Amazing that it seems like everything transferred so smoothly! Look forward to continuing to read the forum posts.

Well done! Glad to have passed over in such fine company.

Wonderful to be back in the world of sanity, with the same gang of ne'er-do-wells and street urchins! To celebrate, everyone is to put their keys in this bowl...

Yes - A parallel universe similar to the original

Maybe cyber space is the key to 'many worlds' afterall?

Can we be sure everyone here is 'original' and not a cloned copy?

Maybe I'll start a post where 'cloned copies' can confess!

- AlienView :welc:

Fan-bloody-tastic! Thanks all; so pleased to still be here!

Thanks for setting up, glad it all worked well!

I'm having one issue, which is I cannot access any threads (apart from the last page of posts) without being kicked out to the "please accept our terms" page. I've accepted it, it doesn't believe me - assuming this is a teething problem, but just thought I'd point it out. Good to be back though!

Yippeee! Thanks all!

And glad the smilies have been saved so we can continue to party like it's 2002:headspinner:

It works great on mobile, too.

What a delight to greet you on a Monday morning! I’ll add my own voice to those extending total gratitude and thanks to everyone involved in the change over. You wondered people. Thank you!!!

Only minor issue to report is on Android smartphone. The option to jump to a particular page seems to have been replaced with a more basic first/last/prev/next. Which I can live with - just delighted to get my daily fix of forum again!

It's working great! Neverending thanks to all involved for the colossal effort to save the unique treasure that is was the FTMB. Go Team Fort!

Thanks for setting up, glad it all worked well!

I'm having one issue, which is I cannot access any threads (apart from the last page of posts) without being kicked out to the "please accept our terms" page. I've accepted it, it doesn't believe me - assuming this is a teething problem, but just thought I'd point it out. Good to be back though!

This is another product of the issue we've called 'ghosting' (whereby old versions of pages are being displayed). You've already agreed the terms, but the board keeps loading old versions of the pages that show you haven't. The less-than-perfect remedy is to do it once and then click away and refresh until the reminder goes away.

Dealing with this is our technical priority and rev_dino is on the case.

Excellent work, guys. Glad to see it all transitioned relatively well.

One thing though? Where is the actual root list for each forum. I don't see it displayed on any page I've found yet.

By which I mean there doesn't appear to be list of each individual Forum section (General Forteana, It Happened to Me, UFOs, Earth Mysteries etc).

It took me a while of keyword searches before I found this actual thread, for example, because there was no central list I could find on which Website Issues was displayed as a section.

Is that going to be restored once the Welcome Message (and what seems to currently be a seemingly unending loop of opting into the Ts&Cs)?

EDIT: Ah , I understand that this was in relation to the Ghosting described elsewhere in this thread. It appears to have resolved itself now, and the forum list has been restored. For me at least.

Last edited:
Hazzah! Good to see this forum back in the tubes of the interweb.

One small niggle. Some buttons are grey. That colour to me indicates un-clickable buttons. Just a thought.

Great to be back. Nice work on the migration...seems all of the furniture arrived and is in place.:yay:

Is that all there is, to a board migration, is that all there is
If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
Let's break out the booze and have a ball! :evillaugh:

Well done to all involved.:hoff:

Wm

Only issue I see is on the mobile version I don't see the '1, 2, 3' etc to show the pages of the thread at the top of the page. Minor complaint.

Also, did we not used to have some kind of option next to 'New Posts' to show posts that had no responses? I used to like browsing that for long dead posts that might be able to be sparked to life. Or did I just imagine that option?

NewVictoriousBorderterrier-small.gif

I've noticed this too but you can tap on where it says, for example, "3 of 3" and type which ever page number you're after.

An issue I've spotted this morning is that it's not letting me access the IHTM sub forum, it just bounces me back to the main page.

On a final note, I've been a member here for a number of years and a lurker for a lot longer than that. I'm not sure if I've even posted before but I've spent many enjoyable hours browsing and it's great to see the efforts from all involved to save the board.

Fantastic to be back, and so quickly, let me add my thanks and congratulations to everyone that has helped keep this forum alive.

Thank you all for such hard work (as an ex-network admin I feel your pain), its great to know the FTMB is safe from the Deep Ones a while longer. Back too 95% lurking and reading I go :)

Back