• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

People seem to be seeing a different menu to me. When I click my top left Avatar it just takes me to my Account Details page.The actual menu looks like this:View attachment 16011

To clarify - does your screen look like this? There's a triple-bar menu icon top left (which delivers the menu you see) and the avatar icon (which delivers the menu I screenshot above). They should be separate.
PRCkwAC.png

It looks exactly like that except I don't have the little mini avatar to the left of the little envelope icon:
tmp-cam-5512154739685942391.jpg

Yeah, if I clear the browser cache completely then obviously that logs me out as I no longer have the board's cookies. Logging in again, things look exactly the same.

If it only happened in Opera I wouldn't be surprised as Opera can occasionally get glitchy, but the Forum displays exactly the same in Chrome. I'm running Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy.

Yeah, if I clear the browser cache completely then obviously that logs me out as I no longer have the board's cookies. Logging in again, things look exactly the same.

If it only happened in Opera I wouldn't be surprised as Opera can occasionally get glitchy, but the Forum displays exactly the same in Chrome. I'm running Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy.

Ok, send the phone to me and I'll try to get it to work. ;)
Next suggestion : Another browser? Brave or Firefox?

Well I tried Firefox briefly and that made no difference. Never mind. As I say, I can log out by clearing out my cookies, so I'll just carry on doing that. Maybe when my phone updates to Android 9 things will sort themselves out.

I'm sure I've seen this before but I thought it was fixed, so hopefully it's ok to report it again:

1560608085225.png

The 'Later today' text showing on all alerts when I clicked the Alerts button (I've only shown one as an example).

I'm sure I've seen this before but I thought it was fixed, so hopefully it's ok to report it again ...
The 'Later today' text showing on all alerts when I clicked the Alerts button (I've only shown one as an example).

I'm unable to replicate the time stamp mismatch. This suggests the weirdness could be derived from something out of synch with whatever app you're using to see these alerts.

Happens to me, too. Using Firefox on PC, and apparently able to see up to 24 hours ahead... o_O

Doesn't do me much good, mind. Still can't time the dog walks to avoid the rain. :p

For reference, I've set my browser to reopen the last session on loading, so it may have something to do with the cache.

notesfromthefuture.jpg

Happens to me, too. Using Firefox on PC, and apparently able to see up to 24 hours ahead... o_O

Doesn't do me much good, mind. Still can't time the dog walks to avoid the rain. :p

For reference, I've set my browser to reopen the last session on loading, so it may have something to do with the cache.

Aha, this could explain it for me too. I noticed it again today, and it was when I'd opened my browser and there was still a tab with this forum open from last time. The times were showing as 'later today' until I refreshed the page.

Aha, this could explain it for me too. I noticed it again today, and it was when I'd opened my browser and there was still a tab with this forum open from last time. The times were showing as 'later today' until I refreshed the page.

Corroboration! Also of note - the TrekBBS, another forum I'm a member of, uses the same Xenforo software, and when I first open it any attempts at checking notifications produce error messages. Refreshing the page solves it, same as it solves the timeslip oddness here. Seems Xenforo and browser caches don't entirely see eye to eye...

Yes, the board just went down for 20 mins.
No, we don't yet know why.

Minor panic here when Cloudflare got hit...I thought something awful had happened to the forum. Turns out probably just China being sweet and kind. Sorry, I mean epic arseholes.

Minor panic here when Cloudflare got hit...I thought something awful had happened to the forum. Turns out probably just China being sweet and kind. Sorry, I mean epic arseholes.

As you say:

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 23.17.14.png

It wasn't just the board, loads of sites just went down at the same time.

:exor:

The speed that these things get fixed boggles my mind. Their heart rates must go through the roof.

Carlos...one of the sites that went down was, ironically, downdetector. I was briefly in an infinite loop of downed websites!

Back