• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Well? Did Courtney Kill Kurt?

diamonddogs

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Well, you know what they say - never let the truth stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

I was wondering recently if there was any updates on the theory that Courtney Love murdered Kurt (Nirvana) Cobain.

The theorists seem to have gone to ground - having had a google tonight I can't see anything new.

Any links please, and your comments on them are as always most welcome, as they're usually funnier than the conspiracy itself!

Thanks folks

Well... Duh!

Do you mean:

did living with Courtney Love send Kurt Cobaine to the very depths of madness and depression, on the brink of suicide, and did she leave him alone in a room with a loaded shotgun, knowing this?

sort of quoting e.j. Thribb:

so farewell then kurt cobain
lead singer of Nirvana
you killed yourself
because you were depressed
i once listened to one of your records
and so know how you must have felt

:D

Having seen Nick Broomfield's documentary film Kurt and Courtney, all the conspiracy theorists in it looked even more nutty than Courtney herself. I think Kurt probably did it himself, he was in a bad way.

And then, of course, there's yet another, pervasive, point of view - who gives a sh*t?!!

not being a big Nirvana fan, I hadnt heard this theory until a couple of years ago a new goyl came to work in our local Greasy Spoon Cafe.

she always wore a Kurt / Nirvana T shirt or sweat shirt or tour jacket, so one day waiting for me cuppa Char and cholestorol hit ethelred spake thusly...

"You know he's dead dont you?"

Goyl "Yes, and Courtney Love killed him"

ethelred "Why would she do that?"

Goyl (bursting into tears right there behind the tea urn) "To inherit all his money WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

cafe owner remonstrates with ethelred for upsetting her staff, various patrons offer succour, ethelred is not the most poular punter on the landscape.

way I see it, Courtner Love owes me breakfast. She has so far failed signally to respond to my invitations to set matters right.

but I can wait.

A lot of people think she just stole all her good ideas from him anyway, but anyone who has heard Hole's classic track "My Damn Wife Keeps Stealing All My Good Ideas" will find this very hard to credit.

CONSPIRITORS - I'm onto you...

shortly after posting the above drivel ethelred climbed into his car for to drive home from work

he had never thought about Kurt for many a long day, nor heard anything from Nirvana for yonks.

turning on R1 for the journey home what is playing over the airwaves? Glad you asked.

'Entertain Us' on a cover version (suspect from the Warchild album?) by Nirvana.

so, think I wont notice did you? Think I'd think it a coincidence? HAH? I'm onto you lot.

I now know that Papa Lazarou, AndroMan, Hex Kitten, jima, FiKTiSHuS, GNC, Sebastian and Breakfast are in league with the 10' Lizard Illuminatii on their grassy knoll and plan to steal my essential bodily fluids.

Eternal Vigilence is the Price of Freedom and He Who Loves Freedom Can Never Die

I now know that Papa Lazarou, AndroMan, Hex Kitten, jima, FiKTiSHuS, GNC, Sebastian and Breakfast are in league with the 10' Lizard Illuminatii on their grassy knoll and plan to steal my essential bodily fluids.

I'm not in league with them Ethelred, and I don't particularly want your essential fluids either:cross eye :)

weirdo Kurt Cobain death stuff

What?! We've gotten this far into the thread and no one's mentioned that Kurt had many problems including substance abuse and was at the time of his death experimenting with a dream machine designed by Brion Gysin and William S. Burroughs ?!!

Here we have a (rightfully) disturbed person playing with multiple mind-altering mechanisms, and there's a question as to whether he offed himself? (OK, granted, having a manipulative bitch as a wife certainly could have been one of the contributing factors.)

Now you've sparked my interest, Ethelred!

Which particular bodily fluids are on offer? :p

Sebastian said:
Now you've sparked my interest, Ethelred!

Which particular bodily fluids are on offer? :p

HA! Thy disingeniousness fooleth me not. A dark blue helicopter with yellow stripes flew over me this morning on my way to work. Had it not been chucking it down I would have clearly been able to make out the words 'Sponsored by the Bilderberg Group - We know whats best for the likes of you' painted on the side.

I'm going to tell me Mam

love the cobain conspiracy theories, it marks him out as my generations john lennon :)
as a massive nirvana fan i must say i believe the one about him being a depressed junky who blew his own head off.

I heard an interesting twist on the Courtney theory the other day - I'm quite new to this conspiracy anyway, so forgive me if this is old-hat, but someone suggested that she may have killed him, but by accident, rather than murder. He said that it's not unusual for heroin addicts to inject each other - maybe she was doing this, and the stuff was much purer than they usually used (stronger than usual herion being the main cause of overdosing). Realising she had killed him, she panicked, and in her own druggy-haze considered that people would assume it was murder anyway, so decided to cover this up by making it look like suicide? What do y'all reckon?

MAIDIE said:
I heard an interesting twist on the Courtney theory the other day - I'm quite new to this conspiracy anyway, so forgive me if this is old-hat, but someone suggested that she may have killed him, but by accident, rather than murder. He said that it's not unusual for heroin addicts to inject each other - maybe she was doing this, and the stuff was much purer than they usually used (stronger than usual herion being the main cause of overdosing). Realising she had killed him, she panicked, and in her own druggy-haze considered that people would assume it was murder anyway, so decided to cover this up by making it look like suicide? What do y'all reckon?

a nice twist but not feasible. Gunshot wounds inflicted after death would be discovered by the Coroner double quick since blood under pressure configures very different splatter patterns than inert blood.

and if your partner ODs you will be answering some searching questions from big lads in suits. You may get nicked for posession, or supply if youre daft enough to say you gave him the drugs, but you wont find yourself on a murder charge. Courtney aint daft.

ethelred said:
a nice twist but not feasible. Gunshot wounds inflicted after death would be discovered by the Coroner double quick since blood under pressure configures very different splatter patterns than inert blood.

and if your partner ODs you will be answering some searching questions from big lads in suits. You may get nicked for posession, or supply if youre daft enough to say you gave him the drugs, but you wont find yourself on a murder charge. Courtney aint daft.

I didn't know that first part about blood splatter patterns, but I guess that on it's own pretty much blows the theory out of the water! Thanks for that.:)

There was a delve into the details of kurts death on the conspiracy prog on bbc news 24 last saturday, but what caught my interest was the Bob Marley conspiracy theory they looked into.
He (apparently) got a radioactive needle in his boot, that led to death from cancer. I'd never heard that one before.
The show covered far too much ground to deal with any conspiracy well IMO, but if there is or was a War Against Rock as some claimed, what is the motivation for it?

(sorry if this is off topic BTW)

Just rewatched "Kurt & Courtney". My oh my is it bad. I remember at the time thinking it was brilliant and really exposed the truth. Watching it again there is barely a credible witness, or a sober/lucid one.

I still think C Love was involved and there are a lot of unanswered questions and compelling bits of evidence but this movie is an awful documentation of those aspects.

And in reading the IMDB boards I've discovered something quite chilling hidden in the film. During the interview with El Duce, lead singer of sex-slave band The Mentors, at his farm you can clearly hear a muffled female voice shouting "Help us!"... Interview is available on YouTube, screams are at 2:56.

:eek:

Not sure if it's available yet, but you could follow that up with Soaked in Bleach - although I can see this being a lot of hot air too.
New Kurt Cobain Documentary Blames Courtney Love For Nirvana Frontman's Death

Although the iconic Nirvana frontman died more than 20 years ago, rumors and speculation about Kurt Cobain’s death have yet to find peace. In the new documentary “Soaked in Bleach,” fresh doubt is cast on Courtney Love’s behavior in the days prior to and following her husband’s suicide. Problem is the former Hole singer says it’s all false.

With the help of lawyers, Love sent cease and desist notices to the distributor and to several theaters exhibiting the film “Soaked in Bleach.” The singer (via lawyers) noted in the statement that a “…false accusation of criminal behavior is defamatory.” The letter goes on to say the accusations of “Soaked in Bleach” may entitle Love “to both actual and presumed damages.”
The film is composed of recorded conversations between Love and private investigator Tom Grant, alternating his tapes with the testimony of pathologists and investigators. All the while, the 1994 case is recreated in dramatic reinterpretation to lend credence to the recorded conversations. The movie takes the view that Love is to blame for the death of Cobain.
http://www.ibtimes.com/new-kurt-cob...courtney-love-nirvana-frontmans-death-1973431

I'm surprised that Evan Dando's name hasn't been brought into this conversation yet .. he was the lead singer of The Lemonheads and pictures of him and Courtney in bed next to each other were published in Select Magazine ... Kurt had already held up a picture of Evan on stage at this point but with no verbal explanation ... I gifted my copy of the famous cover mascara looking Kurt mag to a collector friend of mine including the next issue of the magazine that had an insert apologising to Courtney for .. for ... IMO, she had a fling with Evan and Kurt couldn't handle it.

in the mean time ..

Last edited:
Yep we watched K&C as a lead in to SIB, although the YouTube link to that doc has now disappeared :(

Didn't realise it was a docudrama though so not sure how much I will enjoy it.

Evan Dando is mentioned in K&C by Courtney's dad. As is Billy Corgan.

Wasn't there mention that Kurt was involved with Michael Stipe whilst he was married to Courtney (they were friends anyway, and Stipe has subsequently alluded to an affair with Courtney's full knoweldge)?

Just reading another board and there is also another theory that Kurt was having an affair with Hole guitarist Kristen Pfaff. She also died of a heroin OD two months after Kurt, despite seemingly having just been through a rehab programme and having bought one-way tickets out of Seattle. Seattle PD do not investigate obvious cases of a drug overdose. The autopsies of Cobain and Pfaff both concluded suicide by OD. Both autopsies were carried out by Dr Nicholas Hartshorne. Dr Nicholas Hartshorne was also a former concert promoter and an old friend of Love's from the Party scene. A few years later Hartshorne was killed in a BASE jumping accident.

The whole thing is murkier and murkier.

The autopsies of Cobain and Pfaff both concluded suicide by OD.

I don't know about Pfaff but I thought that Cobain shot himself ? .. that can't be suicide by OD .. I also remember reading that the Hole member was experimenting with some kind of visual flicker machine (I can't remember the name of it at the moment), a type once used by William Burroughs not long before her death .. can anyone shed any light on that please?.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kurt_Cobain

Yes of course, the shotgun finished him. What I mean is that the amount of heroin in his system was deemed enough to have done him in anyway.

I've never done heroin, is it an instant high. It mentions in K&C that in response to the clams he'd have been too fucked to lift a shotgun that he would realistically have had about a minute where he would have been able to. My question would be if you plan to shoot yourself then why bother with the heroin if you only have 60 seconds to enjoy it. If it is that fast acting anyway.

Back