Werewolf Sightings North Yorkshire

curiousgeorge

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Im curious to know regards any recent sighting in North yorkshire. By recent I mean in the last 5 - 10 years. Werewolfs / Dogmen The only sighting in the area of north yorkshire I seem to be able to find are Flixton which seem to date back to 940. There seem to be stories of big cats sighted however big cats are not wolf like. Im looking for sightings in the whitby area that involve dogmen. Any help appreciated.

Wmysteries90

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Curiousgeorge I have received several sightings of Dogmen in the North Yorkshire area. From vocals, to actual sightings too.

Wmysteries90

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Exciting! Do you have any more specific information?
Where to begin, I had one such witness claim that they saw a huge dog which stood up, jumped over a fence and then run off with a cattle animal. Then his friend came forward to his fried stating he had seen a huge dog in the same area. A woman claimed she heard a strange howl. While a former military guy with an undisclosed area on the moors stated that few years back with a routine team in the middle of the night they had the sense of being watched by something.

Also there have been claims made by people around the moors stating that they have either seen or heard strange howls, growls.

One of the most interesting cases I found took place not too far from the mainland of the moors which featured two friends who would often explore areas. This encounter took place just before Xmas 2014, as they were following a trail through a forest they heard a strange howl but thought nothing of it has it sounded like it came miles away. Shortly after they had the sudden feeling that something was watching them in the treeline. They never saw this creature head on but they heard the footprints crash through twigs and leaves and even heard the creature brush against the trees. By this point they had even heard a howl that was even closer to their location and they legged it to their car.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Where to begin, I had one such witness claim that they saw a huge dog which stood up, jumped over a fence and then run off with a cattle animal. Then his friend came forward to his fried stating he had seen a huge dog in the same area.
Wait, am I reading this correctly? You say a dog was seen running off with a cow? It must have been enormous!

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Wait, am I reading this correctly? You say a dog was seen running off with a cow? It must have been enormous!
He said a 'cattle animal', which is not normal English usage. Perhaps a calf was meant.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
He said a 'cattle animal', which is not normal English usage. Perhaps a calf was meant.
Nevertheless, a dog big enough to carry off a calf would still be absolutely massive.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I'm sorry but werewolfs are not real and someone pulling your leg
Indeed. But you do get people who think they are werewolves. They might act like one and after a long enough time living rough in the wild they might look convincing at night or in poor light.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
Indeed. But you do get people who think they are werewolves. They might act like one and after a long enough time living rough in the wild they might look convincing at night or in poor light.
Used to be a lot of these 'living rough and in the wild' types down on Whip-ma-Whop-ma-gate till the Council moved the benches...

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
Residents trembling in terror after seeing '8 FOOT WEREWOLF' in British city
A CITY is trembling in terror as the full moon approaches, after a spate of werewolf sightings.

Seven separate eye witnesses claim to have spotted the 8ft tall creature lurking in an abandoned industrial area outside the centre of Hull.

Residents and folklore experts believe the mythical beast, said to turn from a human to wolf at a new moon, is Old Stinker.

According to a centuries-old legend the foul-breathed creature prowls the Yorkshire Wolds.

But locals fear it may now have decided to claim the overgrown area as its turf.

The lonely banks of Barmston Drain, a water channel built in 1798 to dry out salt marshes, are where the creature was first reported before Christmas.

One woman claims to have seen it turn from man to beast as she stood quaking on a bridge above.

She said: “It was stood upright one moment. The next it was down on all fours running like a dog. I was terrified.

“It bounded along on all fours, then stopped and reared up on to its back legs, before running down the embankment towards the water.

“It vaulted 30ft over to the other side and vanished up the embankment and over a wall into some allotments.”

A couple saw “something tall and hairy” eating a German Shepherd dog next to the Drain.

They stopped to get a closer look and saw it jump an 8ft high fence before vanishing into the night, its prey still in its jaws.

And a woman walking her dog along the watercourse spotted something “half-man, half-dog” in the distance.

She was terrified, and her pet began shaking and refused to go any further along the path.

Now locals plan a werewolf hunt with cameras and recording equipment at the next moon.

Local councillor Steve Wilson has offered to keep an incident log.

He said: “I am happy to keep a diary of sightings by people around here and report them to Hull Council.”

Witnesses say when the creature transforms, its upper body is more wolf than man – similar to the beast in the American Werewolf films.

The Hull creature bears an uncanny resemblance to the legend of Old Stinker – said to prowl The Wold Newton Triangle, an area of eerie goings on near Scarborough.

Charles Christian, author of A Travel Guide To Yorkshire’s Weird Wolds, said sightings went back centuries.

He said: “The Yorkshire Wolds was actually one of the last parts of England to have wild wolves. Old Stinker was said to be operating on the other side of them but it would be no distance at all for a large animal to get to Hull."

He added: “When you get multiple sightings combined with a tradition of stories going back centuries it is hard to ignore the possibility something might be there.”

Worried locals have sought help from Mike Covell, an expert in the supernatural.

He said: “I was sceptical at first, but then more and more people contacted me saying they had seen the same thing.

“No one really knows what to do. You can hardly pop down the local council office or police station and say you’d like to report a werewolf.”
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/67...werewolf-Old-Stinker-full-moon-Barmston-Drain

The_Discordian

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Apparently it's been spotted again, this time in Halsham. Report in today's Metro.

StuKE

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
With the memory of seeing An American Werewolf in London at too young an age, wandering around the moors at night is one of the last things I would do. Whitby is a strange place, I seem to remember reading of Black Shuck encounters there.

Actually, not even sure anyone mentioned Whitby...

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
Reaction score
With the memory of seeing An American Werewolf in London at too young an age, wandering around the moors at night is one of the last things I would do. Whitby is a strange place, I seem to remember reading of Black Shuck encounters there.

Actually, not even sure anyone mentioned Whitby...
But it's odd for me that you did, since I'm randomly on my way there now. I think ghostly black dogs up there are called barghests.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like big foot in the USA even the stinker bit as
one thing often reported is the smell.

StuKE

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
But it's odd for me that you did, since I'm randomly on my way there now. I think ghostly black dogs up there are called barghests.
Any sightings while you were there?

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
Reaction score
Any sightings while you were there?
Not that I saw. And I looked at the beautiful scenery as much as I got the opportunity to, so I imagine I'd have seen a wolf man lurking around if he had been in the open. No phantom black mutts either.