• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Westworld

Or when Bobby Bacala and Vito (two obese men) are standing belly to belly and Ralph says - Hey, it's just like one of those photos from weight-watchers. 'Before' and 'waaaaay before'.

There's a poster of that, like a Weightwatchers advert!

I lost interest in Westworld 2 for the same reason as I did with The Walking Dead, it's just violence. No Shakespeare. I find that boring.

I got to the end of S2: E2, but lost the motivation to watch E3. I still have the rest of them - so I suppose my question is if I just watch the season 2 finale will I miss huge and important plot development, or will I just be none the wiser but still positoned for Season 3?

As long as you know Delos is making clones, then you're set for season 3. But if you gave up on season 2, why would you want to?

Opening credits: Ooo! This looks good!

Anthony Hopkins: "The past is the present; the future is now!"
Some bloke: "Can the weltanschauung overcome the noblesse oblige?"
Hopkins: "If the present becomes the past while the future becomes the end!"

A bunch of Mexicans shoot a bunch of Indians for no apparent reason.

Thandie Newton: "I'm a prostitute, but I'm not keen. I'll hint at a lesbian relationship with that bint over there to keep interest rates up. Then I'll shoot someone for no apparent reason. Then I'll get my [CGI] tits out."

Some beardy black bloke: "Hmmm: my magic iPad tells me that the splootifier in this cockwaffle is rebooting its thrunge nodules. This is bad!"
Basil Exposition: "Does that mean that the schadenfreude of the hors d'oeuvres is failing and that we're all going to die?"

A bunch of blokes dressed as 1960s Bond villain's minions shoot a bunch of white people for no apparent reason.

Ed Harris gallops round a desert meeting people, half of whom he shoots for no apparent reason; the other half he kidnaps, also for no apparent reason.

The beardy black bloke: "My past has become the future! My magic iPad indicates that there's a deus ex machina over there! Run!"
Basilina Exposition: "Does that mean that the Froopyland throdulator is on a collision course with the DNA copying thingy?"

A bunch of Confederate soldiers shoot a bunch of Mexicans for no apparent reason.

Etc. ad nauseam.

I'd give it 2/10: one point for each of Thandie Newton's blouse bunnies.

On second thoughts, make it 1½ points, because they were CGI.

maximus otter

I feel I must defend a lady's honour, what makes you think Thandie was CGI? She's said in interviews that's all her, and she looks pretty much the same in earlier projects she's done nudity in. Not that I've been staring, but you do notice sometimes.

...what makes you think Thandie was CGI? She's said in interviews that's all her...

I’ve never made a close study, but most of the shots I’ve seen of Thandie previously made her look like Lena Zavaroni with a breadboard down her leotard. Now, suddenly her chest looks like a dead heat in a Zeppelin race. Either her previous photogs were inept, or she’s been to the garage to have main beams installed, or they’re CGI.

maximus otter

This is where I sound like a raging pervert, but if you see her in the Tupac movie Gridlock'd, she has a nude scene and is reasonably endowed. If you see her in Beloved, made a few years later, she's the same as she looked in Westworld (though with a fake pregnancy bump). The only place I've seen CGI used for a TV nude scene recently was in Game of Thrones where Lena Headey's head was put on the body of a nude model for her "walk of shame". But that's all Thandie you're seeing in Westworld.

As long as you know Delos is making clones, then you're set for season 3. But if you gave up on season 2, why would you want to?
Because, sometimes a new season will shock an ailing series back into life, especially if they make changes behind the scenes.

I'm far more ruthless than I used to be with series - I've wasted too much time in the past watching obviously terminal cases to the bitter end in the hope they'd pick up (Lost, Heroes, etc). Now, I'll give them a couple of episodes' grace but after that I move on.

It's still Jonathan Nolan and his missus (or Lisa Joy and her mister) running the show, so maybe any changes won't be that radical. Mind you, season 2 is one of the least finished seasons of US TV in recent years, so they might want to shake it up.

I haven't seen all of season 2, but I'm enjoying it alot, and I weirdly think that the vast majority of shocking ideas in the series are present in some form in the original Westworld, Futureworld, and the short-lived tv show Beyond Westworld.

I just watched the trailer for Season 3. It seems to have no connection at all to the previous two.

Westworld season 3 trailer:

Will it be as boring and dragged out as before? Maybe... not, judging by that. Thandie kung fu-ing Nazis and Vincent Cassel scowling too. But they really should rename it Futureworld.

Back