• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Are The Most Impressive UFO Cases?

crossetti

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've been getting back into UFOs and the paranormal as a topic of interest recently. I've been curious as to what are generally considered the most impressive UFO cases - the ones which have been hardest to debunk, or which leave little to no doubt that SOMETHING interesting is going on.

None of these would be proof of alien visitation or something even stranger, of course. But I'm curious to see which cases still stand out as unexplained.

Greetings,

One of my favorite cases would be the Hudson valley sightings.
Here is a link to a google search page, tons of info on that case, enjoy.

PEACE!
Buck

One that I've only recently come across, but one of the most intriguing, is the Hill 611 or Dalnegorsk case from 1986. Not just a sighting but a crash, with a lot of retrieved debris which has been analysed outside Russia.
Dalnegorsk is in eastern Siberia, and witnesses had seen a large cylindrical craft ejecting small spherical objects some days before one was seen flying around Hill (or Height) 611. It seemed to be in difficulties and eventually crashed and caught fire. The remains were of something about 6 feet diameter, and composed of various metals, most of which are very rare on Earth.
The science stuff relating to them is complex, but they are all amenable to electromagnetic levitation i.e. pass a current through them and they lose gravity.
Even weirder was the discovery of clusters of microscopic silicate filaments. A report over on SHTF drew on Quantum Brain Theory to suggest that the controlling part of this sphere was a disembodied consciousness harboured by these filaments.

http://shtf411.com/the-unexplained-mystery-height-611-ufo-incident-the-smoking-gun-t4784.html

The report includes links to other items on the metals and Quantum Brain Theory, and there's a lot of homework to do to make any sense of it . But it does make sense, it answers the old conundrum of how aliens could survive incredibly long journeys to get here.
Not much has been heard of this incident in the 24 years since, but that's probably because science has taken this long to catch up with the evidence.
I haven't seen any debunking of it and it merits wider attention.

NOTE: For more about this incident see:
Dalnegorsk / Height 611 Incident (1986; Russia)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/dalnegorsk-height-611-incident-1986-russia.67886/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. I've been curious about Redhelsam Forest, which was often cited as a good case a few years back. Has the story still held up? How about Cash-Landrum and the Lubbock Lights?

Crossetti, the last I heard on Rendlesham Forest was a local farmer claiming it was all due to him burning off some straw he'd helped himself to from another farm. It was claimed that a circular imprint with radiation inside it was found, but this diminished in significance somewhat when that radiation level turned out to be slightly lower than the surrounding area

crossetti said:
Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. I've been curious about Redhelsam Forest, which was often cited as a good case a few years back....How about Cash-Landrum and the Lubbock Lights?
OK - our dedicated Rendlesham thread is here, our Cash-Landrum here, and Lubbock gets a passing mention here and there but we don't have a dedicated thread.
crossetti said:
Has the (Rendelsham) story still held up?
TBH, despite periodic "revelations", like Roswell I think it may never be really resolved. As I think I said in the thread itself a while ago, the story has its own momentum now.

Robert Taylor's attack in West Lothian in 1979, is an interesting case. And I wouldn't write off Rendalsham Forest, I don't think there's ever been a credible explanation.

Last year I read pretty much all I could find on Rendlesham, I'm still planning a camping trip there for August. What I found was that initially the "story" blows you away; what with US military staff swearing this and that and then the voice recording thang. Then, as you read more you start to find out there are lots of half explanations such as lighthouses etc. As with all these things you end more mystified than when you began, but then it HAS to be like that or we would have a definitive explanation of the event either way and it wouldn't be discussed so much.

I don't know if it's the most convincing UFO story but I just love this one from Mexico http://hubpages.com/hub/Socorro-UFO-Landing

It seems the aliens made an impromptu landing, possible to have a slash! as one of them "jumped" when it saw the police officer. I know exactly how he felt as I got told off for urinating in the countryside by a member of the law in 2007. :(

The Zamora Case seems strangely close in time and space to the development of the LLRV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Land ... ch_Vehicle
which was in development back in 1964, the first flights occuring at Edwards Air Force Base in California in October of that year, the same year as the sighting. Perhaps Bell made some sort of mock-up whick Zamora saw flying. It certainly wasn't silent - some witnesses appear to have heard the roar from the town of Sorocco. That sounds more like human technology than alien stuff to me.

For some reason Hynek (the investigator) thought of this possibility immediately, but then discounted it for an inadequately explained reason.

Tell me about it, I had a book with an illustration of one looking through the bedroom window , always used to try and flick through it without landing on that page.

I would agree about the Zamora case, in the broad sense. Personally I think most if not all UFO cases seem to be of a terrestrial origin, either through truly bizarre aircraft, or through cultural phenomena such as the Greys, who as older people may remember in the original reports of the 1961 Hill case wore little caps and uniforms, and reminded Betty of WWII German officers, details not mentioned in modern retellings, because they'd seem dated and absurd now.

oldrover said:
Tell me about it, I had a book with an illustration of one looking through the bedroom window , always used to try and flick through it without landing on that page.

That would be this illustration, would it?

Remote-linked image is MIA; no archived version found. Posted description insufficient to support a search for the one originally posted here.

Indeed it would, been a long time since I've seen that . where the hell did you get it?

I just did a Google image search for Kelly-Hopkinsville. I can't remember the name of the book I had with that in it though? All I remember was it had a blue dust jacket with a flying saucer pictured on it. I think I might still have it somewhere, I'll check tonight.

Was it the new Hampshire ufo on the front, did it have sections on, among others- Lakenheath, Socorro, and a picture of two men in black in it.

This is the one:

Remote-linked image is MIA; no archived version found. Posted description insufficient to support a search for the one originally posted here.

That is the one. One of my first intro's into the uncanny. thanks for posting that

As a side note, it's only in searching for the book that I've discovered Hilary Evans was also co-founder (with his wife) of the Mary Evans Picture Library.

I think the following cases are worth you looking at for some good "UFO" incidents. I do not have sources to hand as I travelling at the minute but i am sure they will all come up on a search engine no probs.

The RB47 event in the fifties top secret for a few years but visually sighted , illuminated by multiple radars and even observed with ELINT ( electronic intelligence) Equipment.

Fatima Portugal 1917 10's of thousands of witnesses, contact with extra terrestrial intelligences, Physical evidence, classic ufo sightings over a period of months, Misconstrued as religious events.

The Valentich dissappearance ( may have misspelled name) in Australia.Not debunked as far as I know.

The various sightings during operation Mainbrace, Multiple very reliable witnesses and sightings predicted by high ranking US officer.

These are off the cuff ones but there are plenty of good ones far superior than lights over Glasgow or whatever.

Xeyes said:
IFatima Portugal 1917 10's of thousands of witnesses, contact with extra terrestrial intelligences, Physical evidence, classic ufo sightings over a period of months, Misconstrued as religious events.

This very interesting case almost certainly has a mundane explanation. Tens of thousands of people in an excited state staring into the Portugese sun saw some bizarre things.

I recommend that no-one stare into the Sun if they want to make accurate observations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of ... _the_event
There were almost certainly no extraterrestrials involved, divine or otherwise.

Well quite a few of the tens of thousands who went to see the final "show" actually were there to "debunk" it, as others had in the preceding months but failed to and the only photo I have seen of the event seems to show something looking quite "UFO" ish.

Also strange effects were observed from other villages/locations over the place where the show took place, these villages were upto some miles distant away so it was something tangible and not all hysteria unless of course if hysteria can produce something tangible but that is a topic on its own :? .

The weather on the day of the last and best show were actually quite cool and overcast with rain, until the show started. Certainly I am sure some of the "faithful" who were there would have been open to suggestion.

The whole series of events during that year in Fatima make for some really weird stuff especially when you dissassociate the religious trappings. The "dancing sun " at the final show moved like a classic 50'sf ufo falling like a leaf, the other movements of the sun were obviously not the sun it moved far too much for any sort of refractive trick, and to some descriptions looked like a ufo. According to some eyewitness reports human looking beings were observed in the "Sun" ( Which was reported as quite unsunlike during the show).

The humanoid who appeared to the "seers" did not seem very human from the original descriptions and was embellished quite a bit to look like a religious trademark. There is a pretty good book or two on these events from a "ufo" perspective well worth reading. "UFO" and "fatima" in a search should bring it up.

Peoples soaked clothes dried out in minutes once the "Sun " was doing its show At least one man observed the "Sun" through binoculars.anyone who did that at high noon and clear sky would if the pain did not stop him blind himself in a very short time! Well this man didn't but then I do not think it was the sun he was looking at!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of ... _the_event

Oh back on topic another good UFO encounter was the B29 over the gulf of mexico visual and radar observation of multiple ufo's travelling at speeds upto 9000MPH 1950's again though and again you will have to search but i think a fairly strong unknown.

Well quite a few of the tens of thousands who went to see the final "show" actually were there to "debunk" it, as others had in the preceding months but failed to and the only photo I have seen of the event seems to show something looking quite "UFO" ish.
They can't have been trying very hard if they only took one photo.
In any case a very similar phenomenon has been reported in recent years in Knock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock_Shri ... _phenomena
this might give interested parties an opportunity to experience this stuff first hand (my advice - wear sunglasses).
...another good UFO encounter was the B29 over the gulf of mexico visual and radar observation of multiple ufo's travelling at speeds upto 9000MPH 1950's again though and again you will have to search but i think a fairly strong unknown.
There were quite a few radar contacts in the 1950s of this kind; not so many afterwards. This suggests to me that the radar systems in those days weren't quite as reliable as they thought they were.

There were quite a few radar contacts in the 1950s of this kind; not so many afterwards. This suggests to me that the radar systems in those days weren't quite as reliable as they thought they were.

Personally I do not consider Radar only incidents much, from any decade. Unless there is some sort of visual confirmation.

Military and civilian aviation reports were clamped down alot in America after the JANAP 146 came out in 54. I am sure there are/were lots of goodies that we will never hear of, even with the FOIA and other similiar deceptions, I feel sure that alot is still hidden since.

Oh just thought of another good/interesting case The Father Gill sightings in Papua New guinea Multiple witnesses, Humanoids, Long time observation, possible interaction with witnesses. Boy the fifties were full of it.

regarding the Russian balls earlier in this thread I did get it wrong it was a different case

Back on page one of this thread, Crossetti mentioned the Cash Landrum case. I always thought that it would be interesting to find the young boy who allegedly slept through the entire event. He's in his 30s by now - might be very revealing to get his take on the whole incident.

One case that doesn't get mentioned much any more is the 1957 Levelland, Texas sightings:

planet-flipside.com/index.ph ... -levelland
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/2010102...ide.com/index.php/ufosalienslink/57-levelland

They just don't make UFO sightings like that anymore. It leads me to suspect that, whatever we called UFOs 40, 50 or 60 years ago are now gone.

S

This is a very good case - I like it for the high strangeness elements. It's almost too bizarre to have been made up.

The one thing that it has going against it is that it is a single-witness case. As much corroborative physical evidence as there may be, we only have one man's statement that the evidence found is actually linked to the incident as he described it.

I'm tempted to file this one in the same pile as Joe Simonton and his flying saucer pancakes.

S

David Slater (here) suspects it was caused by Belladonna poisoning. I like the comparisons to a recent Doctor Who episode which had an almost identical spaceship in it, described in similar words.

I'd tend to suspect that his drink was spiked by LSD at some point by persons unknown. That might be why the Plod were so interested. There was a lot of LSD around in the 70s, if I recall correctly...

eburacum said:
I'd tend to suspect that his drink was spiked by LSD at some point by persons unknown. That might be why the Plod were so interested. There was a lot of LSD around in the 70s, if I recall correctly...

Mmm, nutritious, delicious, trouser-ripping LSD...

Back