What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Everything! Chicken and stuffing sandwich, eggs with mustard mayo and a can of monster, also had a bar of dairy milk and dairy milk caramel. And I've still got 1000 calories for dinner :rollingw:

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I have a couple of chicken drumsticks left over. They were primed with the last bit of my Harissa powder, which I supplemented with an Indian Marsala mix, so they were nicely spiced but there is not a lot of meat. I had them with some sticky Sushi rice the other night. Some of that is left over too but I'm more tempted by the idea of a biryani. That would mean a busy time in the kitchen and I am feeling lazy . . .

Sorry, just thinking aloud here . . . :chef:

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
That would mean a busy time in the kitchen
It had to be done, when I looked at the pots and the things that needed flinging. Kitchen gets just two days' neglect and it calls you a disgrace - as bad as a cat! Calling the RSPCK, it says!

'twas a simple biryani in the end: onion, whole spices, garlic, ghee, parboiled basmati, chicken on the top, lid-on job. It called for something moist, so it got a bit of a wimpy, Thai, ready-made, red-curry sauce. All a bit eclectic. There were three drumsticks, as it turned out, so famine averted - for now! :dinner:

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Huh. I know what I'm doing next time at the coast. For science or something, I suppose
I was absolutely STUNNED. Furtively threw one of Techy's drumstick scraps towards a seagull - not sure you're really supposed to feed the sky-rats - and it grabbed and swallowed it, and another, and the third it caught on the bounce and gulp, gone!

They must eat entire fish at sea so a chicken leg isn't much different. A bit surreal to watch though.

cycleboy2

Abominable Snowman
Strong cheddar cheese on doorstep white toast, Heinz Ploughman's pickle, green salad, glass of white Gascogne white wine.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
that looks fabulous! Is that shortcrust pastry? do you have a particular fat you use?
The recipe is based on the pork pie recipe from the 2010 edition of The Great British Book of Baking: 120 Best-Loved Recipes From Teatime Treats to Pies and Pasties.

The mem used about 66% venison cut into 3/8” chunks and 34% pork lardons. It uses hot water pastry; the fat is proper lard. She added mace, nutmeg, sage and thyme; also redcurrant jelly.

The result? Sublime!

maximus otter

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist

Kryptonite

Seeker of truth, drinker of tea.
Toast with lemon and lime marmalade .. I think I'll have another nap before work though.
What's your thoughts on grapefruit marmalade? Personally I love it, but the mere mention of it has made some folks of my acquaintance grimace in horror.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
What's your thoughts on grapefruit marmalade? Personally I love it, but the mere mention of it has made some folks of my acquaintance grimace in horror.
I've never tried it but I would .. can you get it in supermarkets or is it only available in smaller shops? (thanks in advance)

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
Yes, blood pressure medicines (I think). My Mum can't eat grapefruit any more for that reason.
Also an antihistamine, 'triludan' I think, reacted badly with it, although my memory might be playing tricks.

I like it and good lemon marmalade, most commercial varieties are too sweet for me and my mothers recipe for the latter vanished like smoke...never found it. I can only recall she de-seeded a lot of lemons and put then through the mincer as a starting point.