What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Miss Yith goes to children's cooking classes and loves them.

Today I came home and was presented with a chocolate cookie, banana and marshmallow pizza. I'm not talking about just a pizza base with those things tossed on top, but a proper thin-pan pizza from homemade pastry with everything gooey and warm on top. She clearly had help every step of the way, but I was very impressed.

It was frankly brilliant as a dessert!

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I fancied a Tobys Carvery, my friend didnt wanna bother, so i came home, grabbed a plate and went back, i had a veggie takeaway , eating it now, deliciious

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Last night I picked up several packs of knock-down sliced mango on way back from work. First thing I did at home was make a big tasty smoothie. I love mangos but they're troublesome to prepare so this is a big treat.

Today it'll be more mango smoothies until they're all gone.

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
Last night I picked up several packs of knock-down sliced mango on way back from work. First thing I did at home was make a big tasty smoothie. I love mangos but they're troublesome to prepare so this is a big treat.

Today it'll be more mango smoothies until they're all gone.
You can use mango to make a great curry sauce. Fry onion and a little garlic, add the curry spices of your choice, some stock, mango, simmer until all is soft, then blitz smooth.

INT21

Justified & Ancient
..Today it'll be more mango smoothies until they're all gone....

while listening to Sade singing 'Smoothie operator' ?

Coal

Cost-reduced olive bread, toasted and buttered. Fresh-brewed black coffee.

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Nothing at the moment.
But waiting for a minestrone 'brick' to defrost. It could take a while.

It may cost more in energy to defrost than it would to have made a new batch.

Coal

Nothing at the moment.
But waiting for a minestrone 'brick' to defrost. It could take a while.

It may cost more in energy to defrost than it would to have made a new batch.
Put it in a plastic bag, put the bag in your trouser pocket and walk briskly about the house for half an hour.

All defrosted, no environmental impact. Simples.

INT21

Justified & Ancient
If you wish to wander around with a block of ice that has been cooled to -18C in your pocket, then the best of luck to you. And may God have mercy on your goolies.

I settled for placing the frozen minestrone brick in a little water and leaving it on a very low heat until it thawed out. Took about 15 minutes.

Tasted very nice.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Deep-fried chicken wings, pickled carrots and Chinese cucumber salad, paired with a Belgian christmas beer because nothing matters. Delicious.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Deep-fried chicken wings, pickled carrots and Chinese cucumber salad, paired with a Belgian christmas beer because nothing matters. Delicious.
I read that as pickled parrots. I know Hong Kong has a culinary reputation, but thought that was a step too far...

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
I would wager that you are amongst the 15% or so of asparagus consumers who don't get stinky wee from it.
I like asparagus but the stinky wee after is massively off-putting.
You have lost your wager Sir/Madam, stinky wee is no impediment to my enjoyment of asparagus.

Krepostnoi

Crabbier than usual, Buster
IMG_20190224_153811.jpg
Guess the flavours.

Apricot on the right, a bit meh, if I'm honest. But on the left is fish sauce flavoured ice cream. I'll repeat that: fish sauce flavoured ice cream. Some proper next level salted caramel action, I can tell you. Not just a comedy flavour. I fair took the pattern off the bowl.

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
View attachment 15232
Guess the flavours.

Apricot on the right, a bit meh, if I'm honest. But on the left is fish sauce flavoured ice cream. I'll repeat that: fish sauce flavoured ice cream. Some proper next level salted caramel action, I can tell you. Not just a comedy flavour. I fair took the pattern off the bowl.
You Sir, are a monster.