What Are You Eating & Drinking?

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Instant pot roasted red salsa beef, shredded and spread on corn tortillas with white cheddar, cotija cheese, onions, and sour cream, all grilled on a Pizzaz Plus. Drink: Arrowhead sparkling black cherry water. Would be my last meal on death row!

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I bought one of those big turkey drumsticks that make you imagine a vast creature from sc-fi land. I'm not usually a great fan of them, the leg-meat being a bit dark and strong-tasting.

The looseness of the skin gave me an idea: with my best long, sharp, flexible little knife, I retracted the skin all around the juicy flesh. A smashed clove of garlic, several slices of fresh orange and six or eight bay leaves* were introduced into this prepucial zone. Then it was into the oven on a bed of rustic-cut carrots and onions with half a jug of hot stock made from that useful Polish seasoning sauce. I know it is MSG but I like MSG, in moderation!

A couple of hours in the oven with a baked spud alongside made for a very satisfying supper.

* I have the feeling that bay & orange was a treatment Albert Roux used on trout. I have employed it in other contexts, such as this and always find it aromatic, where other flavour notes may cloy. :dinner:

ChasFink

Devoted Cultist
I'm tapping into a bottle of the limited edition Johnnie Walker White Walker whisky. Not a typical blended scotch, but not a bad drink either, particularly with the unorthodox recommended storage in your freezer. It costs $40-$50 dollars a bottle around here, but they're offering an astounding $20 rebate!

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Tried some 95% dark chocolate. A bit too bitter for my taste & a dry sort of texture. My favourite I think is 70% dark chocolate but was surprised on looking at the packaging to find it contains as much as 27% 'sugars' so it's still pretty sweet, whereas the 95% has 2%.

God knows how much sugar is in Cadburys. More than cocoa solids I'll wager.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Found some potatoes lying around* and some veggie sausages in the freezer, so decided to have bangers & mash.

That's fried veggie sausages with onion, creamed spuds and tinned mushy peas. With ketchup. May have a nice brew now to take outside in the sunshine.

*In a bag in the kitchen. Forgot I had them.
I once found a spud on the kitchen floor and had it for lunch, suitably prepared of course. We're not savages.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Found some potatoes lying around* and some veggie sausages in the freezer, so decided to have bangers & mash.

That's fried veggie sausages with onion, creamed spuds and tinned mushy peas. With ketchup. May have a nice brew now to take outside in the sunshine.

*In a bag in the kitchen. Forgot I had them.
I once found a spud on the kitchen floor and had it for lunch, suitably prepared of course. We're not savages.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I'm having a Beef Stroganoff with mushrooms. It was delicious yesterday with rice. Today, I am roasting a platter of what were supposed to be casserole veg. There are new potatoes, red onion, leek, carrot and some swede, I think. The swede looked a bit dried out but the rest was fine.
I added seasoning, olive oil and garlic, some marjoram and basil. Smells very nice, though I am afraid it may linger! :thought:

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Productive day yesterday, I made bread, yoghurt, and about two litres of kimchi (probably a lifetime supply)

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Toasted cob with a bit of salmon spread on it and a cuppa, cant eat much at the mo only tiny bits