What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I may have missed it...but again how much in US money is a Pizza Hut pizza in London?
Depends on the size, mine is a small one, i think they are 8" and this was an epic veggie one with cheese garlic bread £12.99 so $15.78 roughly, but that is in Nottinghamshire

INT21

Antediluvian
12" pizza for a fiver here. Look up 'Mirage' Keighley. Don't think they will deliver so far though.;)

Oh yes, just finished two Greggs sausage rolls

Last edited:

Shady

Just tried a vegan sausage roll, geez, flavour is practically none existant, needs salt pepper and other things, just cause its vegan doesn't mean it has to be devoid of taste surely, they could have added onion and tomatoes, spices, anything

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Just tried a vegan sausage roll, geez, flavour is practically none existant, needs salt pepper and other things, just cause its vegan doesn't mean it has to be devoid of taste surely, they could have added onion and tomatoes, spices, anything
An that's why only the few will ever become vegans.

Shady

LOL guess i will have to dip it in salt and tomato sauce, altho they will likely go in the darn bin. Maybe i should go into business making vegan stuff that tastes nice

Shady

I love to cook, especially beef and onion pie, i find some cooks don't put a damned bottom in them, that's not a pie, also shepherd and cottage pie, for sweet i love doing the mince pie with almond cream, carrot cake etc, I especially love doing the big pans of stew, nice thick gravy and chunky veg and meat, all no good to vegans lol

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I love to cook, especially beef and onion pie, i find some cooks don't put a damned bottom in them, that's not a pie, also shepherd and cottage pie, for sweet i love doing the mince pie with almond cream, carrot cake etc, I especially love doing the big pans of stew, nice thick gravy and chunky veg and meat, all no good to vegans lol
I was lusting after some stew earlier today.

Shady

Eating smoked salmon with Philadelphia cream cheese on Ritz crackers with a Elderflower presse drink

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Tried a smashing innovation in Chinese cooking today: the Ovaltine steamed bun from Tong Kee Bao Dim. 10/10 would do again.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Yesterday's chicken thighs were a disappointment: the marinade was essentially a Chinese plumb sauce with the last drops of sesame oil from an inverted bottle, a dash of hot chili sauce and some Polish soup seasoning - very like soy. After 24 hours in this, the salt and sugar had drawn out the chicken juices. I reserved most of this marinade to reduce on the hob, resulting syrup to be poured over the anaemic-looking thighs. It was sweet enough but lacked any distinct flavour.

Equally disapppointing was the accompanying rice. Well the rice passed muster but the added tinned Borlotti beans were like bullets and did not soften as the rice boiled. I will be fishing them out of what remains and frying the rice with some onions tonight! :p

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I love to eat, especially beef and onion pie.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Stewing neck of lamb in Morrison's had been discounted enough to make it attractive - how did scrag end get so expensive ? In the pressure cooker with potatoes, peas, veg mix and gravy and filling the Flat with the smell of childhood.

Tempest63

Ephemeral Spectre
how did scrag end get so expensive ?
Same as lamb shanks, monkfish and all the other cheaper foodstuffs. Even breast of lamb is no longer as cheap as it used to be. When I had Great Danes a few years back the butcher used to sell it for pennies and I used it to bulk them up when they went on a self imposed diet and looked like something ready to be rescued by Battersea. Now I stuff it and slow roast it...beautiful!

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Yup, neck is a wonderfully sweet cut of lamb. Splendid in the traditional Irish Stew, just layered with onions and spuds!

Sheep meat has become a bit of a luxury in every form. They want £7 or £8 for a half-shoulder. It used to be a best-seller and was economical, on account of being an awkward thing to carve. Even the hearts have gone up! :willy:

Last edited: