What Are You Eating & Drinking?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
:puke2::puke2:oh my word, i have a horrible phobia regarding eggs as it is but PRE COOKED eggs tips me over the edge and when theyre out of date - what is wrong with you woman? you cant be that hungry.... lol
The pre-poached eggs were WELL out of date but still surprisingly fresh. In fact I was resigned to them being off and sniffed them hard before serving but couldn't tell them from home-cooked ones. Yum.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Breakfast was an apple, a banana, an orange, a plum, a pear, grapes, some prunes, some dates and a handful of fresh nuts.

I am now drinking a can of Waitrose "no added sugar" cloudy lemonade.

I am having a lazy day. My tripes aren't.

maximus otter

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
The ready-poached eggs were also convenient at work, where I had them on Ryvita as the toaster has gone missing. Sometimes I need to eat in t'messroom and it's fun to cobble up a little meal when everyone else is on Pot Noodles.
My son suffered from severe IBS when he was young and single. Visiting our surgery the GP ascertained that my son was relying heavily on pot noodle as a means of sustenance; he advised him to make the pot noodle in the usual way, then throw it straight into the toilet to cut out the middle man and eat the pot noodle packaging that likely contained more nutrients. Our GP was German and had a brilliant sense of humour.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Our GP was German and had a brilliant sense of humour.
Reviewing my blood test results he commented on my very low cholesterol level stating that he was somewhat envious of it but gained some satisfaction knowing that I would not die from a heart attack. No! It will be something far nastier...

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Fresh pasta with broccoli and spinach, all steamed in my big steaming-pan, with a tub of nice pasta sauce, all cut-price.

There's enough pasta left to make a salad for tea with spring onions and cucumber and whatever else is lying around in the fridge.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I have a big bag of live moules* downstairs. They were given a stay-of-execution, courtesy of the snack I had at 5.30 pm.

Despite all well-intentioned advice against late-eating, I may soon relieve those succulent bivalves of all uncertainty regarding their fate!

:dinner:

*Mussels to you! Moules just rhymes better with drool. It also goes well with the cry Umami! :yay:

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I have a big bag of live moules* downstairs. They were given a stay-of-execution, courtesy of the snack I had at 5.30 pm.

Despite all well-intentioned advice against late-eating, I may soon relieve those succulent bivalves of all uncertainty regarding their fate!

:dinner:

*Mussels to you! Moules just rhymes better with drool. It also goes well with the cry Umami! :yay:
Did that late night consumption of mussels give you the squits?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
A pizza with a coriander pesto sauce and some sweet potato fries. Way too much of both, but I don't regret it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
We've had cheesy mash with mozzarella sausages (me) and chilli sausages (Techy) and tined marrowfat peas. Also coffee.

Well Techy hasn't made the coffee yet but I've just checked the batteries in my megaphone so I'll remind him.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
We've had cheesy mash with mozzarella sausages (me) and chilli sausages (Techy) and tined marrowfat peas. Also coffee.

Well Techy hasn't made the coffee yet but I've just checked the batteries in my megaphone so I'll remind him.
My jacket potato with cheese is almost ready .. and with pepper on it .. and salad cream. It's been pissing down all day here so it's a slow sugar release day.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
My jacket potato with cheese is almost ready .. and with pepper on it .. and salad cream. It's been pissing down all day here so it's a slow sugar release day.
Potatoes and cheese go SO well together. Cheesy mash can be fried up so it goes brown underneath and you can flip it over and lob it on your plate and COVER IT IN RED SAUCE OH NOM NOM NOM

ahem

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Did that late night consumption of mussels give you the squits?
Nooooo! I have never had any problems with the moules I double-sift and cook at home. I do pick up my mussels at rock-bottom prices but adhere strictly to the alive-alive-o tests. Last night's were 100% alive, large and juicy.

Their reputation as squit-bait is real enough. I remember the time when . . . .

Anyhow, after eating all the mussel meat, I popped the shells back in the pan for a half-hour. Stock is glorious! :loveu:

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I am now, officially, a Chav! :fslap:

Carlsberg Special Brew was on offer at half-price in the local Co-Op.

It is weaker than it used to be. Something to do with taxes on strong drink. 8% is just double an ordinary brew.

Is it less sickly than it used to be? A little less, I think.

It is still best treated like the stingo home-brews of old and blended with a bottle of something less cloying. :pcheers:

James_H

And I like to roam the land
It is weaker than it used to be. Something to do with taxes on strong drink. 8% is just double an ordinary brew.
The UK is actually much more strict about strong beer than many countries. Some places you can get craft beer up to 15% abv, but I remember brewdog got into trouble for making something in that range and weren't allowed to distribute it in the UK.

PS special brew is sold in every 711 in Hong Kong and I have never seen anyone buy it.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Someone told me today that he used to catch and eat pike. Apparently they taste OK - not earthy - if you soak them in brine for 6 hours.
It wasn't an un-brined pike pie was it?
I was told by an old fisherman that they were pretty much inedible.
I guess you'd need something with a strong flavour to change the taste.