What Are You Eating & Drinking?

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I bought a big bag of spuds yesterday for fifty pence. Cheaper than the price for just four baking ones.

Can I use them all before they turn green?

It will be slices or wedges to go with the rendang tonight. I snagged some fresh coriander today, so the curry will be changed again - a bit.

That will mark the end of the beef. It has done four very good dinners for just £2.

I got some chicken-legs today with the intention of doing Tandoori. Lidl stymied that by having no proper Greek yoghurt in a size I would use!

So the legs are going all "Chinese-style" in a marinade with 5-spice, chili, a little fish-sauce, soup seasoning (MSG), rose water, lime juice and molasses sugar. Let them absorb all that flavour through their deep wounds tonight! :hapdan:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I bought a big bag of spuds yesterday for fifty pence. Cheaper than the price for just four baking ones.

It will be slices or wedges to go with the rendang tonight. I snagged some fresh coriander today, so the curry will be changed again - a bit.

That will mark the end of the beef. It has done four very good dinners for just £2.

I got some chicken-legs today with the intention of doing Tandoori. Lidl stymied that by having no proper Greek yoghurt in a size I would use!

So the legs are going all "Chinese-style" in a marinade with 5-spice, chili, a little fish-sauce, soup seasoning (MSG), rose water, lime juice and molasses sugar. Let them absorb all that flavour through their deep wounds tonight! :hapdan:
Another midnight nosh-up before you go to bed? Tsk.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
May I recommend the packs of curry sauce from Jack Fulton;s.
That would be nice but we no longer have a Jack Fultons round here, but i just saw in the back of my cupboard a tube of chip shop curry sauce :D :D forgot i had that

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
It's a couple of hours since I had a big piece of molten Brie, enhanced with onion rings and herbs.

Gorgeous! Like the best cheese and onion pie filling ever! I tend to eat more of it, when cheese is all melted and gloopy.

Feeling a bit sickly from the indulgence. :oops:

INT21

Antediluvian
Two scallops. Hot from the fish shop. Cheapest meal in town at fifty Pence each. Next cheapest is a Greggs sausage roll at £1.

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary

You could try potatoes au gratin, if you're feeling adventurous (and don't mind the calories and cholesterol).

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
1 Quorn sausage and 1 veggie burger 2 lil breads and a cuppa tick tock tea

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Halloumi burgers* grilled with slice of raw onion one each, on wholemeal rolls with really grainy mustard.
Did four burgers and two rolls, very filling indeed!

*That's slices of holloumi. Round, like burgers.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Halloumi burgers* grilled with slice of raw onion one each, on wholemeal rolls with really grainy mustard.
Did four burgers and two rolls, very filling indeed!

*That's slices of holloumi. Round, like burgers.
Now that sounds tasty - I like halloumi with a vegetable bake, myself.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
To accompany a bijou snackette of liver-sausage and smoked-cheddar, I dipped into my potato-mountain and cubed two of them with half an onion for a warm potato-salad. I drained off the liquor and was on the point of discarding it but it turned out to be a very pleasing broth, so it went into a mug instead. Waste-not and all that . . . :btime:

James_H

And I like to roam the land

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Can of red monster ultra, protein shake and I've got shredded BBQ chicken in 2 wholemeal pita breads and potato wedges. Having fish and chips later. I forgot the ridiculous amount of calories I need for training

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Tried a new (to me) pasta dish, from a Jamie Oliver recipe. Whatever perceived drawbacks he may have as a person, this was really tasty, "Summer Tagliatelle", something different for the repertoire at last (I know it's not summer anymore). Will try his vegetable stew and dumplings next.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Found via one of James Whitehead's links:

I've done something similar, scuba-diving for shellfish on the sea-bed.

The subsequent barbecue was epic, but the sea-squirts were disappointingly foul.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Found via one of James Whitehead's links:

I've done something similar, scuba-diving for shellfish on the sea-bed.

The subsequent barbecue was epic, but the sea-squirts were disappointingly foul.
One of the best meals I ever had was oysters foraged from Harker's island, North Carolina. We also got a couple of huge Qahog clams. Imagine my guilt when I found out the creatures could have been alive when Blackbeard's ship was wrecked.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
It will be an unusual feast. I had made a good Bolognese-style dish of mince, the sweetness seemed to be down to the long-cooked onion, leek and celery soffrito which started it. There was some habañera sauce to give a little lift with the chopped tomatoes and puree.

But I had also made some fishcakes yesterday, having snagged a nice piece of cod-loin for a pittance. Real potatoes, for a change: my lazy way with fishcakes is usually to add flaked potato to the poaching liquor, coconut, preferred to dairy.

So the reheated meal will be somewhat akin to a cottage pie with fish in its thatch. I may also boil a few of those little French carrots. Getting peckish. :dinner: