What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
An apple, i did start a salad, but i found a hair in it, mine, i fecking hate that, threw the lot away
Damn, i forgot to look for dark chocolate Bountys grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I happened on a bottle of The Glenlivet, 12 years old, in the clearance dept at Tesco for £19 & have been tippling that for the past few days. Why clearance I don't know, it's not exactly going to go off. A nice find & a quality item.
I've seen all kinds of stuff in the clearance section at my local Tesco - and wondered why. Stuff like that has an indefinite shelf life.
It could be for some trivial reason such as a marked bottle or damaged label... dunno.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
It could be for some trivial reason such as a marked bottle or damaged label
It is probably because their 2019 Christmas stock has a new bar-code and/or box, label etc. with a new price-point. Shelf-life won't be the issue.

My local branches of Tesco have a bay devoted to goods which would have been called "bin-ends" in a vintners, though few of the products are alcoholic. They just seem to be end-of-line goods, which no longer justify much space on other shelves.

The startling thing is that the prices are not clearance prices at all! Everything is horribly mixed up; I nearly bought a paté intended for cats - but it was too dear! :willy:

Last edited:

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
I happened on a bottle of The Glenlivet, 12 years old, in the clearance dept at Tesco for £19 & have been tippling that for the past few days. Why clearance I don't know, it's not exactly going to go off. A nice find & a quality item.
A friend who is a non drinker recently traveled and asked if we'd like to use her alcohol allowance to get some booze. The Glenlivet is my tipple of choice and when we travel, we buy bottles of the Master Distiller's Reserve, available here (in Australia) only duty free.
Being a non drinker, our friend bought a numbered small batch series of the Master Distiller's Reserve costing 3 times the price of what we were expecting to pay. I was okay with that!
I've not opened it yet, but I've no doubt it'll be smooooooooooth.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
What a find! I keep an eye open for single malt bargains for Techy.

INT21

Antediluvian
Chicken jambalaya.

Can't say I'm impressed. Seems oddly 'bland'.

Last edited:

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Went all out last night and made homemade linguine with butter and morels. This lunchtime I fried the leftover pasta and added parmesan and an egg yolk, yum. Sort of carbonara without the bacon, there's a word for it but I forget.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient