What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Is there a maximum recommended intake for Salmon?

Because if there is, I might be exceeding it.

I've had five generously-sized grilled salmon steaks in the last seven days.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Is there a maximum recommended intake for Salmon?
There have been some scares about intensively-farmed salmon and their routine medication. The colour also has to be faked, when the fish are not fed their natural diet. The farmed fish have less exercise so there is a lot more fat; meanwhile the benefits of oily fish have been queried . . .

On the other hand, it's delicious, so enjoy it! :hunger:

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
There have been some scares about intensively-farmed salmon and their routine medication. The colour also has to faked, when the fish are not fed their natural diet. The farmed fish have less exercise so there is a lot more fat; meanwhile the benefits of oily fish have been queried . . .

On the other hand, it's delicious, so enjoy it! :hunger:
You can't really be sure--at least I can't, but I've been munching through fancy Norwegian stuff where they boast that it's virtually free-range.

You can get about three times the quantity for the same price at Costco, but it's a suspicious radioactive-orange instead of the more natural-looking hue.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Just in from a workout at the gym. Supper is a good portion of homemade venison pie made from deer I harvested myself; together with homemade chutney, made by my wonderful wife from tomatoes grown in our own garden, all washed down with a huge Malbec:

Life is good.

maximus otter
Perfection! I like the orange colour of the pie crust.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Please stop vating your tities, im sure your beloved wifes pies do not need it, looks like she is a good cook, do you cook at all?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Please stop vating your tities, im sure your beloved wifes pies do not need it, looks like she is a good cook, do you cook at all?
lf a man can’t vate his own tities, it’s a sad state of affairs.

The memsahib is an excellent cook, and enjoys getting the chance to do it. l, on the other hand, have never so much as scrambled an egg. Cooking just doesn’t interest me.

maximus otter

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
At least you put the main ingredients on the table, your wife makes them pretty and tasty

I think i may have a cuppa tea, or coffee, cant decide

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Honey chicken and garlic prawns. I really enjoy garlic prawns, but I want them to be so garlicy, the neighbours complain!
*nods* Yup, I once roasted and ate so much garlic my workmates could still smell me when I was 150-odd miles away!

When I returned to t'depot and opened the front door the stench hit me too. Nobody was lingering for any post-shift chats!

James_H

And I like to roam the land
In Taipei so far I've had:

Lunch: Three types of roast chicken, something like a Spanish omelette with fermented vegetables, vegetables and chicken oil cooked rice.

Dinner: in an izakaya (Japanese style casual sake restaurant) - squid sashimi, chicken cartilage, asparagus wrapped with beef, stir fried vegetables, sake, beer

Lunch: beef noodles (famous dish of Taiwan) with tripe and tendons. It wasn't a great one.

Dinner: at a night market so various bits and pieces from various stalls - a kind of meat pastry cooked in a tandoor which was amazing, cheese xiaolongbao (eh), grilled oysters, barbecued baby corn, cold shredded chicken mixed up with peanuts, wood ear, coriander, onions, chilli, soy sauce, beer, orange and pineapple juice.

Breakfast: hot savoury soy milk with fried bread. This took some getting used to and I didn't finish it. Pork baozi. A rice roll with omelette, pickles, meat and something crunchy inside it. Vegetables and sweet potato noodles wrapped in a pancake wrapped in an omelette.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
A hot dog with one of the leftover sausages I've brought home from work .. with ketchup and that American mustard .. I can't be bothered to fry any onion for it .. and a cup of tea.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
In Taipei so far I've had:

Lunch: Three types of roast chicken, something like a Spanish omelette with fermented vegetables, vegetables and chicken oil cooked rice.

Dinner: in an izakaya (Japanese style casual sake restaurant) - squid sashimi, chicken cartilage, asparagus wrapped with beef, stir fried vegetables, sake, beer

Lunch: beef noodles (famous dish of Taiwan) with tripe and tendons. It wasn't a great one.

Dinner: at a night market so various bits and pieces from various stalls - a kind of meat pastry cooked in a tandoor which was amazing, cheese xiaolongbao (eh), grilled oysters, barbecued baby corn, cold shredded chicken mixed up with peanuts, wood ear, coriander, onions, chilli, soy sauce, beer, orange and pineapple juice.

Breakfast: hot savoury soy milk with fried bread. This took some getting used to and I didn't finish it. Pork baozi. A rice roll with omelette, pickles, meat and something crunchy inside it. Vegetables and sweet potato noodles wrapped in a pancake wrapped in an omelette.
I'm envious. Mostly sounds exciting and delicious.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Sounds like a good night in.
These Polish cheddar crisps are epic!

If you're OK with strong cheese flavour and a fair amount of salt, they are the biz and proper crunchy as well - damned addictive.

Gift of Copper Pot Distilled vodka... most certainly, 'different'. Might have been prudent to check out the alcohol content beforehand.

Aye... 40% proof begins to mske snesen nwo... :fugly: :crazy: