What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
I’m in Broomfield Hospital with a suspected blockage in my small intestine so Nil by Mouth until I see the surgeon later today.
I hate hospitals!
Rescued by the Gastro surgeon who I know from clinic. He has put me on free fluids and a Low Residue diet. It is a tad better but powdered tomato soup and plain Muller yoghurt for Lunch and supper is not a gastronomes idea of fun.
I yearn for something bad and dirty, KFC or McDonalds would do!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Rescued by the Gastro surgeon who I know from clinic. He has put me on free fluids and a Low Residue diet. It is a tad better but powdered tomato soup and plain Muller yoghurt for Lunch and supper is not a gastronomes idea of fun.
At least you'll be able to post on the "What are you eating and drinking?" thread about the slap-up five course meal you can have in a while (not too long a while, I hope).

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
At least you'll be able to post on the "What are you eating and drinking?" thread about the slap-up five course meal you can have in a while (not too long a while, I hope).
Can’t wait, anything will be better than Fresubin and Muller yoghurt again

Attachments

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Some rather mediocre Japanese food. Steamed vegetable dumplings, miso eggplant, panko crumbed squid, tempura vegetables, crab croquettes and some tasteless prawn rolls. Washed down with Asahi beer (you can never go wrong with Asahi). Even the wasabi lacked bite.

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
How about Coca Cola? Apparently it is very good for dissolving blockages.
Can’t wait, anything will be better than Fresubin and Muller yoghurt again
At first glance that looked like a fancy beer.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Back home thank you. All good, I’ve had Crohn’s an awful long time and gluttony got the better of me. I should have known better and I know the hospital dietician is gonna kick my head in.
You daft bugger! :rollingw:

There are Crohns and associated conditions in my family so I know a bit about it. Must be hard to keep up the regime. You're doing great!

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
You daft bugger! :rollingw:

There are Crohns and associated conditions in my family so I know a bit about it. Must be hard to keep up the regime. You're doing great!
Curry and beer...it’s worked for me for 40 plus years and still surgery free (touch wood); though it was a bit close to call last Sunday in casualty. And thanks again!

Gloucestrian

Devoted Cultist
There is a lot to be said for being out-of-synch. with the consumer seasons! :dinner:
Truly. Our local supermarkets seem to have assumed that most everyone is going on a health kick, and vegan, this January. Thus perhaps predictably there's a massive glut of good ingredients at reduced prices just now. I picked up a load of pan-ready vegetables in Tesco the other day. I was not intending to as I was just looking for normal, not-prepared mushrooms etc but the ready sliced was deeply discounted - 30p vs £1.00 for the same weight of the same kind of mushrooms.

Having noticed the reduction stickers on the various ready prepared veggies I had a quick look at the other veg on my list and the same was true for virtually all of it.

So I made some really good savings there. That was on the 15th so I suspect it was because the dates coincided with people dropping New Year's resolutions and the corresponding drop in demand.

Victory

Ephemeral Spectre
Chickpea pasta.
It smells like urine when you cook it, tastes ok, digests in my body much easier than wholewheat pasta, but lacks the nice slightly "bouncy" texture of more regular pastas.