Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Sweet chilli coated peanuts. Mmmmm.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I will do something very lazy with the remains of a lamb casserole. The meat is mainly gone but the lamby savour remains with a lot of tasty vegetables. Toss in some pasta or risotto-rice and you get one of those dishes which is much nicer than the effort deserves!

Just when I thought peak bargain-Brie season was over, I had to go and buy a half-wheel of ripe, Cornish Brie, at its most deliciously gloopy, pre-vegetal stage. I'm inclined to draw a line under further protein/fat-laden products this week. :truce:

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Some rather fine toasted muesli. It's delicious. To hell with what nutritionists say about the stuff. It's been a shitty start to the year and I'm eating what I want.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I'm living on the edge right now. I doubled the coffee pods on the senseo machine and made my coffee twice as strong.
It's rumoured that early customers at my work are treated to an extra scoop of coffee in the machine to help get rev them up!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I've had a big pot of yogurt with figs, seeds, grains and cereals with 2 bananas chopped up in it.

The middle one on the photo here -
Yogurt

Made in Devon. Can't actually describe how delicious it was. Words fail me.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
On a similar tip, granola, sultanas and hazelnut milk is delish.

anros

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Tea and tamarind candy.
(Tamarindus indica is a tree whose fruit is extremely sour, but there is a preparation similar to marmalade with sugar and it's really good.)

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Drinking ice cold water and eating cheese and onion chips/crisps. I want to eat chocolate, but it's so hot that any chocolate will melt....

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Diet Coke, well chilled.
I'm up bright and early for my tumble dryer to be delivered.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
A very late Continental Breakfast. Proper coffee and a gluten-free croissant, which was a remarkably-good approximation to the real thing.

GF croissants are usually horrible. Mainly, I think, because the makers are fixated with keeping them dairy-free as well. Morrisons use butter; the flavour and texture are good, though a little tougher than the best wheat products. :clap:

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Deep fried seafood. Fish (whiting), scallops, calamari and prawns. And way too much of it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Morrisons 'ancient grain' bread rolls, cheese, pickled onions, a mug of nice hot strong tea.

A friend has a birthday this week so I picked him up a very rich chocolatey cake, £3-odd down from £11. He loves a bargain so will appreciate that!
Then I noticed another...

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Tried kimchi for the first time, from a Korean shop. Slightly crunchy veg, sour, with some chilli heat. Nice, if expensive, way of eating some veg. Supposedly good for yer gut. Went well with Gails currant & sour cherry sourdough bread & vintage cheddar.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried kimchi for the first time, from a Korean shop. Slightly crunchy veg, sour, with some chilli heat. Nice, if expensive, way of eating some veg. Supposedly good for yer gut. Went well with Gails currant & sour cherry sourdough bread & vintage cheddar.
Expensive?

I have (literally) half a refrigerator full!

Drop around sometime, mate.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Expensive?

I have (literally) half a refrigerator full!

Drop around sometime, mate.
I mean considering it's mainly cabbage & there's probably no more than 10p's worth of cabbage in the jar.. You don't need much of it though - a little goes a long way. Do you make your own or is it just cheap there?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean considering it's mainly cabbage & there's probably no more than 10p's worth of cabbage in the jar.. You don't need much of it though - a little goes a long way. Do you make your own or is it just cheap there?
My mother-in-law makes a yearly supply in September-ish.

An enormous quantity for herself and to distribute to her three children's families.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We've started on the cake. I wasn't satisfied until I felt sick.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Brown shrimps, wickedly expensive at £4.20 for a few ounces, as we used to say. Luckily they were a quarter their original price and still in good condition. Delicious. I'm glad I bought two packs.

Also, coincidentally, having some kimchi on the side. I quite like it but it's not a regular purchase. :dinner: