What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Large VAT.
Shouldn’t do as I’m still on steroids following my little stay in hospital, but it has been a long hard day!

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
A few minutes ago....vanilla chai tea and a chocolate chip cookie.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean considering it's mainly cabbage & there's probably no more than 10p's worth of cabbage in the jar.. You don't need much of it though - a little goes a long way. Do you make your own or is it just cheap there?
A new batch arrived today and was placed on my dinner table: pa-gimchi, which is spring onions. The list of ingredients is very long, but essentially it tastes like lightly-pickled spring onions with ginger and chilli. It may look like alien entrails, but I assure you that it is the business.

SmartSelect_20200207-220500_Gallery.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Ordered some yerba mate teabags. Let's see what the fuss is about.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A new batch arrived today and was placed on my dinner table: pa-gimchi, which is spring onions. The list of ingredients is very long, but essentially it tastes like lightly-pickled spring onions with ginger and chilli. It may long like alien entrails, but I assure you that it is the business.

View attachment 23042
Looks good to me. I guess you can just adjust the ingredients to suit your taste with a homemade one. This is the one I tried - your version is probably nicer..

1581089740456.jpeg

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. I guess you can just adjust the ingredients to suit your taste with a homemade one. This is the one I tried - your version is probably nicer..

View attachment 23049
I'll tell you when I have that kind most often--because I really prefer the leafy and green types--at barbecue restaurants.

Throw in a frying pan or on a grill and you'll find it goes crisp and sweet.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I'll tell you when I have that kind most often--because I really prefer the leafy and green types--at barbecue restaurants.

Throw in a frying pan or on a grill and you'll find it goes crisp and sweet.
I'll give that a go.

Stillill

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Is your old man a dustman who wears a dustman's hat and he has cor blimey trousers?
Ha, nice one. No he’s not. It’s just something I’ve got used to eating since I was a kid and I love them. Probably a product of growing up in S.E London.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Ha, nice one. No he’s not. It’s just something I’ve got used to eating since I was a kid and I love them. Probably a product of growing up in S.E London.
I love eating fish but I've never tried jellied eels .. I'm a product of growing up in Birmingham .. are they chewy like squid?

Stillill

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I love eating fish but I've never tried jellied eels .. I'm a product of growing up in Birmingham .. are they chewy like squid?
You need to get the belly cuts which are soft and delicious. The tail end is always tough. I can’t really compare them to anything else taste wise, you’ll might have to try them.
Squid shouldn’t be chewy!!

Swifty

Reaction score
You need to get the belly cuts which are soft and delicious. The tail end is always tough. I can’t really compare them to anything else taste wise, you’ll might have to try them.
Squid shouldn’t be chewy!!
I've only ever seen them (jellied eels) in jars in supermarkets, I'm not going to lie, I'm apprehensive but I'll make myself try them one day just so I have .. not enthusiastic about it though .

Stillill

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I've only ever seen them (jellied eels) in jars in supermarkets, I'm not going to lie, I'm apprehensive but I'll make myself try them one day just so I have .. not enthusiastic about it though .
Most of the people I’ve got to try them don’t like them,so I’ll be delighted if you like them.

Swifty

Reaction score
Jellied eels were good enough for Sophia Loren – and no apologies for posting this pic here again!View attachment 23050
She seems to be holding an invisible fork or whatever you use to eat jellied eels .. and Tubby Issac doesn't look too happy either way about it all ..

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
She seems to be holding an invisible fork or whatever you use to eat jellied eels .. and Tubby doesn't look too happy either way about it all ..
Probably because she's posing and didn't actually buy or eat anything?

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Jellied eels were good enough for Sophia Loren
The little dish she is holding might be suitable for some cockles, featured in the picture. Eels would not be sold in such delicate amounts.

Part of Sophia's charm was the powerful mythos of a screen goddess, born in poverty.

She might be wrinkling her nose at all the vinegar, which Brits deemed necessary to dress their seafood. They did things differently in Italy! :sshot:

Swifty

Reaction score
Pork chop, chips and beans, I said pork chop chips and beans .. a rare treat that we celebrate briefly by singing ' oops upside your head' but switching the words.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Reaction score
A lindt egg (the small ones).

It is close enough to Easter, right?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Chicken leg. Cooked by my Mum earlier today.
Visited Mum over the weekend.

Swifty

Reaction score
Chicken leg. Cooked by my Mum earlier today.
Visited Mum over the weekend.
I'm having chicken in a creamy white wine sauce with some mushrooms, baby pearl potatoes, broccoli and other veg .. not chip steak ..

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
A bit f ASDA trifle and a McCartneys big mozzerella burger.

Been looking for a supposedly vegan pork pie, i think they were sold in Morrisons, ASDA and Holand and Barrett at christmas timew, ive had no luck so far

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Sausage hotpot

Me trying to clear the tins out of my cupboards

I managed to deal with four;

potatoes
veg soup
spagetti hoops
and canned pork and ham (some Spam imitation, I think)

Added oatmeal, marmite and a few random herbs.

This was nice but I am still convinced fresh is better.

I had a huge bowl, and some is left over for tommorrow.