What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Another abject failure... poached eggs.

Cannae dae it...

Can watch YouTube tutorials galore and it will still resemble some tentacle-trailing creature, emerging from the depths.
To eliminate all tentacles:

get a tea cup
get some cling film
wrap the cling film around your fingers then stuff it in the cup
put vegetable oil on you fingers and lube up the cling film
crack your egg into the cling film in the cup
tie a knot at the top of the cling film
smoke a fag, 2 meters away from your cat
drop the egg parcel into boiling water
enjoy perfect poached egg when ready

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
To eliminate all tentacles:

get a tea cup
get some cling film
wrap the cling film around your fingers then stuff it in the cup
put vegetable oil on you fingers and lube up the cling film
crack your egg into the cling film in the cup
tie a knot at the top of the cling film
smoke a fag, 2 meters away from your cat
drop the egg parcel into boiling water
enjoy perfect poached egg when ready
Put vegetable oil on you fingers and lube up the cling film. Lube it up GOOD. Crack your egg into the cling film. Go on, you know you want to.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Last year I bought a load of cut-price pre-poached eggs from Morrisons. They were brilliant, we had them every day for a week with no issues.
Would buy again but not at full price!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Anyway we've had poached eggs on toast for breakfast as planned, perfect results as always.

Just wish I had some old fashioned pepper. Or even Pepper Dust. Or at a pinch sic Dust of Pepper Dust.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Still had some skimmed.

Insted of using it as white paint I heated some up and made instant mash with it. (Not my normal diet but a friend gave me loads)

some chopped onion, and pepper, and cheese

got a tub of Dads mince in spag bolog sauce from the freezer...

I will not tell you how nice my cottage pie was!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Put vegetable oil on you fingers and lube up the cling film. Lube it up GOOD. Crack your egg into the cling film. Go on, you know you want to.
*BOING*

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Why can't you taste anything? That's a sign of the virus, ooer.
I had a cold and its clinging, but the taste and smell is coming back it is just an occasional bit here and there, i smelt my perfume this morning, briefly, also smelt cat shit and a flash of Dettol lol, so it is there, and i do suffer from hay fever, every now and then and the symptom is loss of taste and smell, so maybe its part of the cold and that, arnt i the lucky one :p Question, when you lose your sense of taste and smell, why can you still taste sweetness and saltiness??

Ive had a fake Manchester tart and im drinking a black cherry and raspberry Rubicon
I also bought my fav drink, Black Cherry cream soda, have to wait till my taste comes back for those lo

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Question, when you lose your sense of taste and smell, why can you still taste sweetness and saltiness??
That's down to the tastebuds on your tongue which detect 5 basic 'flavours' - sweet, sour, salt, bitter, umami. I have no sense of smell but still get these.

I suppose it could be possible to have tongue damage where you don't even have these but it must be extremely rare.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Thank you, and what is, Umami?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Had a couple of catering-sized tins (2.5kg) of butter beans in. One of those 'Oh wow, that's cheap, yes please!' moments. Luckily I really love butterbeans.
So today I made a big soup from one lot, using half the beans and lobbing in more after it was cooked. The other ingredients are an onion, mixed dried herbs, water, tomato juice, a veggie stock cube and a spot of olive oil for frying.

Haven't tried it yet because when I was draining the beans I ate loads of them as they were so won't be hungry for a while.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Yes, but ive never heard of that :p

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Thank you, i looooove Marmite, and i see they have dropped the salt content, brill, i may start getting it again, and i adore mushrooms, cooked or raw.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Thank you, i looooove Marmite, and i see they have dropped the salt content, brill, i may start getting it again, and i adore mushrooms, cooked or raw.
For me umami is sun warmed plum tomatoes eaten straight off the vine...heaven.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I do love plum and cherry ones, but, they have to have been in the fridge, i don't like them warm.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Bacon, salad, toasted crumpet, multi-seeded roll and Scottish pancake, apple & mango juice, coffee.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Odds & sods left over from drinkies with a neighbour: breadsticks with black olive, sundried tomatoes, taramasalata, olives & feta cheese and hummus.

maximus otter

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Linda McCartney's quarter pounder and two sausage with a couple slices of milk roll and a cream soda

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Linda McCartney's quarter pounder and two sausage with a couple slices of milk roll and a cream soda
I had Linda McCartney sausages in a carrot, onion and apple casserole. I don't usually have hers but they were all that were available. They tasted fine, though,

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I love her quarter pounder's with mozzerella, very tasty, when i could taste them, be glad when it comes back

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
So...is English food as bad as everyone makes it out to be on American shows and films...?
Where does that opinion come from...?
:thought: