What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
A tin of sainsbury's chicken soup and some hot chocolate from the vending machine in work.

Both very nice, but taste like cheap versions of something much nicer.

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score
Get yer teeth into some of this, better than lentils and pulses:)gravel.jpg

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Curry.
Always curry!
Home cooked traditional though...none of that BIR 5H1T

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
So...is English food as bad as everyone makes it out to be on American shows and films...?
No.
Where does that opinion come from...?
Mostly from the French, who think their cuisine is the best, but secretly harbour an insane jealousy for England's superior raw ingredients. We have no need to smother our beef and lamb in awful white sauces!

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Buttered bread in muffin pans filled with a half slice of sandwich ham, some with cooked chicken and seasoning, others with minced seasoned lamb and chutney.
All topped with potato mashed with butter and egg and baked in the oven.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Orange Bournville chocolate with my nightime cup of tea.
And trying to avoid getting chocolate crumbs over the fresh bedding her ladyship put on today.

Vardoger

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Found bottles of Rigas Kvass in my local convenience store. Bought a bottle out of curiosity. The taste reminds me of ginger beer, but not as "spicy" as some ginger beers are. No ginger used. I might buy this one again.

1590068692657.png

Coypu

Reaction score
O.M.G. that stuff is made from liquidized sprats...:rolleyes:

Vardoger

Antediluvian
Reaction score
O.M.G. that stuff is made from liquidized sprats...:rolleyes:
Where did you find that (wrong) info? It's made with fermented rye, barley and wheat bread.
I know kvass is a specy of fish in the UK, but it doesn't mean the same thing in Eastern Europe.

Last edited:

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Found bottles of Rigas Kvass in my local convenience store. Bought a bottle out of curiosity. The taste reminds me of ginger beer, but not as "spicy" as some ginger beers are. No ginger used. I might buy this one again.

View attachment 26421
my Russian secretarial staff bought some of this for me in Samara in 1997. It came out of a large bowser and was, without doubt, the most horrible thing I have ever put in my mouth. Fermented old socks.
we went to Latvia last year with a friend from that country. He offered me Kvass and convinced me that the local bottled stuff was much better than the Russian version. He lied!

Coypu

Reaction score
Where did you find that (wrong) info? It's made with fermented rye, barley and wheat bread.
I know kvass is a specy of fish in the UK, but it doesn't mean the same thing in Eastern Europe.
I knew someone from Latvia who was forced to drink it as a child..

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Eating: large wedge of Edam.
Drinking: large bottle of Smirnoff.

First Friday night I've had time to relax for ages! :hapdan:

Bought some snacks for later, as well!:popc:

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
Indulging my yogurt obsession. My current favourite is Sainsbury's Spanish Honey and Ginger.

If your a yogurt enthusiast and haven't tried it, pop into a Sainsbury's next chance you get, and give your taste buds a treat.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
An Ugli fruit - never tried one before - tastes like a cross between grapefruit & orange. Very juicy.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Indulging my yogurt obsession. My current favourite is Sainsbury's Spanish Honey and Ginger.

...pop into a Sainsbury's next chance you get, and give your taste buds a treat.
You're on, that sounds delicious and there is a local Sainsbury's.

Might I reciprocally recommend, Yeo Valley organic strawberry yogurt, especially the large 450g incarnation.

It is arguably proof that a benevolent God exists.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score

Might I reciprocally recommend, Yeo Valley organic strawberry yogurt, especially the large 450g incarnation.

Someone joked at me at work : "I didn't see a sudden rush for yogurt in 'The Walking Dead'?!" .. our yogurt aisle is absolutely smashed daily at the moment (I'm off work at the moment for different stuff) .. pensioners with no teeth? .. everyone wants yogurt (and flour) and the moment? ... I joked that it's Mary Berry who's created this virus to beef up the home baking sales .. home isolation boredom probably ..

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score

The Yeo Valley stuff is usually good, I'll have to look out for the strawberry. I'm not a fan of the Rachel's yoghurts though- lacking in flavour, in my opinion.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
The Yeo Valley stuff is usually good, I'll have to look out for the strawberry. I'm not a fan of the Rachel's yoghurts though- lacking in flavour, in my opinion.
On the upside, there's a certain type of hybrid cheese we constantly have to hit the 'no sale .. substitution?' button on our hand held terminals because the shelf runs out of stock fast ... because it's clearly awesome so me and the Mrs have started buying it when we shop there instead because it must be good stuff ..