I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Pint of coffee and a cup of cashew nuts

20210402_114236.png

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Steak and kidney pie, baked beans, Lea and Perrins sauce, ancho chilli flakes, salt and cracked garlic.
Washed down with a pint of Coke Zero.

All done while wearing a flat cap. By 'eck!

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Lemon and lime kopparberg, rather nice and refreshing in the sun after a hard days graft :D

20210402_150527.png

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Im drunk on POWER...no sorry read that wrong...it says rum :hahazebs:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I've just had my fairly regular lunch of 2 bacon rolls including a dab of brown sauce, and it set me thinking.....

When I was young (yes, I can remember that far back) bacon all had the rind still on, and more often than not would have a small round bit of bone/cartilage somewhere in each rasher.
These days.....neither.
So I can be fairly sure that the producers of bacon remove the rind (skin) and sell it separately to be made into 'crackling'/'scratchings'.
But the small round bit of bone/cartilage????
Have the bacon makers just got better at filleting it out, or have pigs been bred to no longer have that bit running through them????

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I've just had my fairly regular lunch of 2 bacon rolls including a dab of brown sauce, and it set me thinking.....

When I was young (yes, I can remember that far back) bacon all had the rind still on, and more often than not would have a small round bit of bone/cartilage somewhere in each rasher.
These days.....neither.
So I can be fairly sure that the producers of bacon remove the rind (skin) and sell it separately to be made into 'crackling'/'scratchings'.
Have the bacon makers just got better at filleting it out, or have pigs been bred to no longer have that bit running through them????
I was talking about that little bit of bone wirh my mom just the other day, idk where its gone but im glad it has :)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

These days.....neither.
Pigs are now boneless. It's a wonder they can walk at all.

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
If money and availability was not a problem, what would you eat ?

I guess you can not take the country out of me.

I would still go for a hamburger sandwich and French Fries, and Ice cream in a cone for dessert.

P.S. Tasted caviar and to me caviar tasted like a “salt shaker”.

Ascalon

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
A mature rioja and some toasted nuts. Macadamia, hazel and pecan.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Oooh, how about liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti?

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Just had a nice easter roast chicken dinner, stuffing balls, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, glazed carrots, broccoli wirh peach crumble and custard for pudding and a nice bottle of 2017 'Roche Mazet' chardonnay.

20210404_134429 (2).png

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
KFC flavour crisps. Actually nice!

feinman

Account Retired
Reaction score
If money and availability was not a problem, what would you eat ?

I guess you can not take the country out of me.

I would still go for a hamburger sandwich and French Fries, and Ice cream in a cone for dessert.

P.S. Tasted caviar and to me caviar tasted like a “salt shaker”.
This place "Frack Burger" had the best hamburgers it is possible to make:
1618256780356.jpeg

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2013/05/good-days-and-bad-days-at-frack-burger-in-canby-or.html

But they closed and the owner went to jail:
https://canbyfirst.com/former-frack...r-defrauding-elderly-investors-out-of-284000/
Sucks. But I don't eat beef anymore --just "Impossible Burger" :-/

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
We like Midori in a Japanese Iced Tea, which is similar to a Long Island iced tea but not as punchy as a Beverley Hills iced tea.
I do like a Long Island Iced Tea, never heard of Japanese Iced Tea or Beverley Hills Iced Tea, they do a Tobabo Teaat a bat call Turtle Bay which has mango and lemonade instead of cola, that is nice :p

feinman

Account Retired
Reaction score
This place "Frack Burger" had the best hamburgers it is possible to make:
View attachment 37998
https://aht.seriouseats.com/2013/05/good-days-and-bad-days-at-frack-burger-in-canby-or.html

But they closed and the owner went to jail:
https://canbyfirst.com/former-frack...r-defrauding-elderly-investors-out-of-284000/
Sucks. But I don't eat beef anymore --just "Impossible Burger" :-/
Incredibly --one time my car died in the drive through of Frack Burger and I had to call for a jump. BEST place ever to get stuck.... :badge:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
I just ate a Scotch egg, but when I bit into it, I found that the yolk was translucent and not fully cooked. The meat was OK, so I ate that but threw away the egg.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I do like a Long Island Iced Tea, never heard of Japanese Iced Tea or Beverley Hills Iced Tea, they do a Tobabo Teaat a bat call Turtle Bay which has mango and lemonade instead of cola, that is nice :p
The Midori replaces one of the spirits in the Japanese Iced Tea, but we convinced the barman to replace the lemonade with soda to reduce the sweetness, a point he subsequently concurred with.
Beverley Hills Iced Tea is the same as the Long Island version, only topped off with Champagne instead of coke. The whole world seems a lot nicer after half a dozen of those. It used to be a speciality on the Princess Cruise line.

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
You might like the Sippin' Safari books!

71KqNSRrehL._AC_UL640_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sippin+safari&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
I used to collect Tiki Mugs and paraphernalia :cool:

14749413_web1_AKU-AKU2_crop.jpg
I do love a cocktail,

Added to my 'to buy' list :)
The Midori replaces one of the spirits in the Japanese Iced Tea, but we convinced the barman to replace the lemonade with soda to reduce the sweetness, a point he subsequently concurred with.
Beverley Hills Iced Tea is the same as the Long Island version, only topped off with Champagne instead of coke. The whole world seems a lot nicer after half a dozen of those. It used to be a speciality on the Princess Cruise line.
Does it matter which spirt? Probably the tequila would be the obvious one as its the one with the strongest flavour.
Definately will give them both a try :D

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I do love a cocktail,

Added to my 'to buy' list :)

Does it matter which spirt? Probably the tequila would be the obvious one as its the one with the strongest flavour.
Definately will give them both a try :D
The barman who made the Japanese Iced Tea wrote his recipe on a piece of till receipt paper which was stuck on our fridge until it gradually faded and, unfortunately, I never noticed until it was too late.
There are versions on the web which include ingredients I don’t recognise/recall from the original recipe we were given.