What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
If dill pickles are gherkins, I love dill pickles sometimes but in moderation. What was that film (I think it might have been Wayne's World 2?) when the kids were chucking gherkins against the inside glass in a fast food restaurant as a derby contest to see which one would win by sliding to the bottom first? :) ... that's the sort of customers I get sometimes (skaters and surfers) but not often enough at the moment. We've got a bottle of that imitation sauce in my fridge at home but it's not exactly the same.
Yes, dill pickles is what McD's calls gherkins, many years ago i worked for the company thay supplied McD's, i drove a FLT and would often have to unload the pickle lorry, 33 euro pallets of 100 boxes containing 10 packets of presliced pickles, the smell alone used to make me heave lol. It used to make me laugh that everything came pre sliced/chopped, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber you name it, its as if they dont trust their staff with knives.
On another note, you mentioned that you liked the fact you got 4 pieces of bun with 2 cheese burgers rather than 3 with a bigmac, just FYI, McDs burger buns are one of the most unhealthy parts of their burgers, containing more sugar per bun than a Mars bar.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Smoked salmon and cream cheese in a home cooked bagel. A sprinkling of fresh chives from the herb garden and a squeeze of lemon juice. Lovely breakfast with a glass of cloudy apple juice.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I have just discovered that our new big shop sells poached eggs, POACHED EGGS! I walked around for about half an hour shaking my head and muttering about those who can't poach their own eggs. Yet I do not have the same reaction to the hard-boiled eggs we sell.

I am such a hypocrite.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My wife is away for the night, so for me it's sausages, mash & peas. Fantastic!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I have just discovered that our new big shop sells poached eggs, POACHED EGGS! I walked around for about half an hour shaking my head and muttering about those who can't poach their own eggs. Yet I do not have the same reaction to the hard-boiled eggs we sell.

I am such a hypocrite.
Those eggs were poached, as in 'stolen'.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I had some borsch. Homemade by my partner. Very nice. And some boiled eggs.

And nicked a couple of little one's Haribo.

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Water of life :p

20210501_001945.png

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A small lamb rump roast, some mixed vegies cooked in our new air fryer (turned out well) and some mashed potato. Also some Glenlivet.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Joseph Dobson & Sons Yorkshire Mixtures - an assortment of fruit, aniseed and peppermint flavoured sweets. Hard as nails.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I bought two ox cheeks, yesterday.

I snap them up, whenever I see them; Morrison's do them, from time to time. They are inexpensive but wonderful, though they need long, slow cooking. They had over three hours in the oven yesterday in a cassoulet-type dish. It was worth the wait! A "dressing" of English Mustard in Greek Yoghourt made for the perfect tracklement.

Will they be even better today? I think a red wine will accompany. In fact, I know it will! :yay:

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Two carrots.

Two apples.

Some nuts.

Melissa tea.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
During a recent illness I wasn't up to cooking or even eating much so Techy sent off for some instant pasta snacks. Just add water, y'know.
Think I've lived on them ever since!

ChasFink

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
According to Google, it's World Password Day. Maybe I'll celebrate by having swordfish. :wear:

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
According to Google, it's World Password Day. Maybe I'll celebrate by having swordfish. :wear:
Talking of passwords, i got booted from tje site for some reason, as the only.time ive ever logged on was when i created my account i had no idea what my password was and had to reset it.

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I
During a recent illness I wasn't up to cooking or even eating much so Techy sent off for some instant pasta snacks. Just add water, y'know.
Think I've lived on them ever since!
Do like the occasional pot noodle :D

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Crikey.

I had lovely bit of 'Rib Eye Steak' with some chips for my dinner.

My guts have been making noises like a welly-boot being pulled out of a muddy puddle ever since!

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
They usually have a bit of mint mixed in with them, giving them quite a sharp taste.
They most certainly do not usually have mint mixed in. That's a Midlands affectation.

Trevp666

Reaction score
I expect the 'original recipe' was bulked out with something no longer deemed acceptable.
Like 3&1/4oz of sugar.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
sanitised in some undefined way.

That takes me back! The television advertising led kids to believe they were about to get rum-soaked raisins in every bar! It must have been true, because it was said by a pirate.

Along with cans of lager-and-lime, which had an advertised strength of about 0.2%, they were the chocolate cigarettes of the alcohol lobby.

Had no effect on me. Falls over. :meh:

Trevp666

Reaction score
cans of lager-and-lime
I once worked out that in order to imbibe enough 'top deck shandy' to be over the legal limit for driving you would need to consume somewhere in the region of 2,500 cans.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Old Jamaica used to be a treat for my father, but now ? - Fairtrade cocoa, rum essence, cruelty-free raisins, plastic wrapper and a feeling Cadbury's are embarrassed by the former Pirate/slavery/Disney connection.

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I once worked out that in order to imbibe enough 'top deck shandy' to be over the legal limit for driving you would need to consume somewhere in the region of 2,500 cans.
How did you fell afterwards :p