• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Are Your Favourite IHTM Stories?

JamesWhitehead said:
OTR:

I mention all this because the troll* is back and working this joint again. Spot the thread!

*That troll or one quite like it. Location not now Australia.

Urgh. Can't they just trace the ISP address and ban "her" permanently?

escargot1 said:
Lots of my weird experiences are described on here. I don't care whether people believe me or not, or think I'm a crackpot: I don't have to justify myself.

People on here who are quick to judge others' accounts as false and those who dismiss all unusual phenomena are in the wrong place. This board is about Forteanism, which is a philosophy of open-mindedness.

So c'mon inkedmagiclady, spill some beans. ;)

I am pretty quick to judge others' accounts as, not neccesarily false, but more likely mistaken and I'd pretty much dismiss all unusual phenomena, or at least the unusual explanations given to try and explain them, but I hope I'm not in the wrong place. I guess I'm what some might pejoratively dismiss as a "rationalist", but that doesn't mean I don't find a lot of the subjects discussed here fascinating. And, given suitable evidence, I'm open-minded enough to be convinced.

Oh my god, that dummy story was horrible, I really hate ventriloquist dolls, especially ones with moving eyes, they freak the CRAP out of me. I will be sleeping with the lights on tonight, thats for sure!

escargot1 said:
Lots of my weird experiences are described on here. I don't care whether people believe me or not, or think I'm a crackpot: I don't have to justify myself.

People on here who are quick to judge others' accounts as false and those who dismiss all unusual phenomena are in the wrong place. This board is about Forteanism, which is a philosophy of open-mindedness.

So c'mon inkedmagiclady, spill some beans. ;)

Beans are on the way, I just need a few more days to get a good block of time together with a enough energy after the workday to get it typed without needing a million edits for punctuation and clarity. I wouldn't want to leave out any important details, or add any that don't make sense!

I wish I was as confident as you 'scarg.

I mean, not that I don't post my stories. I always do (I honestly don't think I have the "don't talk about it" funtion of my brain).

It's just that every so often I scour through my "all posts by Lauren" section to find old threads I've lost and I see all of the posts about things that have happened to me or people I know, and man, there's a lot of them.

I thought I'd lead a fairly boring life but when I go through them all it seems I'm either the psychic magnet of Australia or an absolute bullshit artist. And I don't like people to think I'm lying when I'm not. Especially when it's as close to my heart as my weird experiences. :p

inkedmagiclady: Weirdness can be very personal. It's up to you to share or not. There's no need to post anything if you're not ready. So please don't feel pressured, especially by me. :)

Laurenchurchill: I know, it's perhaps because we notice the weirdness and take the trouble to record it.
Or maybe we really ARE weirdness-magnets, who knows? :lol:

infinitysymbol said:
Urgh. Can't they just trace the ISP address and ban "her" permanently?
Yes, if certain criteria are fulfilled.
'scarg said:
inkedmagiclady: Weirdness can be very personal. It's up to you to share or not. There's no need to post anything if you're not ready. So please don't feel pressured, especially by me.
Ditto - there's stuff that's happened to me that I've never openly posted on here. One day, in the fullness of time, probably. But not quite yet.

LaurenChurchill said:
I thought I'd lead a fairly boring life but when I go through them all it seems I'm either the psychic magnet of Australia or an absolute bullshit artist. And I don't like people to think I'm lying when I'm not. Especially when it's as close to my heart as my weird experiences. :p

Perhaps I frequent these boards because I'm secretly jealous of all of you that experience these things. And perhaps I'm not a rationalist at all, but a cynic who's lost his ability to see the magic in the world around him. I don't think that's the case at all...but a cynic would say that, wouldn't he?

Green baby

Do you guys know if the green baby story is still some where on the IHTM board? One of my favs.

"The Gateway" (or "Window Between Worlds" as it's the same story) is my favourite. It's almost a scene from Dr. Who or some other space-time sci-fi story, but as a fan of such seems rather plausible to me. Unfortunately that means it's probably just a story... :(

My memory is very hazy on this one ... but I do recall being quite fascintated by a story this one poster told about these two guys who used to work at either a petrol station or pizza delivery outlet (I can't remember which). He described them as not only being very strange looking, but nearly identical too - even though they weren't brothers, or even related. From what I can recall, they had a peculiar obsession with money - but only in attaining it, not spending it.

Anyone else remember this?

I remember that one as well bp. Don't think it was an IHTM though, wasn't it on the original Strange Folk thread?

Hi,

Sorry, I don't get to post on here as much as I would like. During a "VERY BUSY" day at the office I have been trawling through the last few months threads and noticed that you have been discussing my IHTM post "Wrapped in Black". I'm glad to see people have read it, when I first posted it all those years back I felt it recieved quite a bashing largely because people didn't believe it...or rather felt it was a little "polished" and more like a TV storyline. After re-reading it I can only agree, it does appear "overwritten". However, those are the events that took place. For the second and last part involving my father and brother I can only report or interpret their sightings as they saw fit to tell them to me.

Overral I am just glad that it has been mentioned again. And it is great to read some of the all time classics that are being brought out into the open. The older I get the more I realise that almost everyone has a story to tell...

My favourite one on IHTM was where someone was watching his TV and it lost the signal before "tuning" in a wierd programme that appeared to come from the future. I think it was entitled "broadcast from the future".

My favourtie story from a friend, was (briefly) this...he was lieing in bed, staring up through a sky light (velux) window. As he drifted off he suddenly realised the dim stars were scrolling to one side, as he woke a bit more and focused he realised that actually he was seeing the underside of a massive but dimly lit space ship gliding silnetly over his house. He tried to jump out of bed to open the window and see it properly but somehow cracked his head on something so hard it almost knowcked him out and he went to his knees. After a few seconds he looked up to see what he had hit his head on....only to find himself downstairs in the kitchen under the table...

infinitysymbol said:
OldTimeRadio said:
infinitysymbol said:
She was also a nazi.

finehair~ said:
The same scum who live everywhere but have no ancestral home of their own; apart from that which they've usurped. They're committed to the destruction of Britain's Royal Family; they're committed to trashing the British Isles and to polluting the final remnants of its true people. They Anglicise their names; they buy titles; the insinuate themselves into every aspect of Britain. They'd love to be British but the best they can do is buy a facade. They had practical reasons for murdering Diana, but there was also an occult motive. They are drenched in the occult; it's portable you see.

Goodness crap, Again6 is a nazi?! Wow, I never knew. I feel quite shocked!

I've been on the boards since 2003, I'm an enthusiastic but infrequent poster but I have me faves (Escargot and I have shared many hilarious Derek Acorahisms over the years), and Again6 was one!

Mainly because of her theory that "you" are just an avatar of your "larger" self or soul, which exists outside of space and time and projects many "yous". So while "you" are you, Joe Bloggs in Essex, "you" are also a tree in Cambodia 1607, an alien tootling about on another planet, a small dog in the New New New York of the future, and the larger "you" is in a cluster, which forms an avatar of a higher consciousness, and that chain goes on and on until you eventually reach god.

I always thought that was lovely although I'm probably not explaining it well here.

How can a brain come up with that kind of cosmic lateral thought AND say the heinous things quoted above?

Or is it all part of the interconnectedness of all things?

I must say that the best thread was the one concerning the stick men... also the related ones such as the loping silouette man on the city street who runs to the door behind which cower the terrified victims of the story's strange villain.

Yep I really found myself thoroughly fascinated by those tales. Stick indians, dancing stick figures made from the countryside... brilliant

PeniG said:
Dancing Cows is on Obi-Wan (though I suppose it might have been posted here, too). I like the Transdimensional Gas Station and am not at all put off (as some people were) by the poster's inability to turn up the receipt. I never expected him to be able to turn up any such thing; and if he had, it wouldn't have proved anything. I can't turn up normal receipts I specifically saved, and the ones you get from gas stations have no information on them to speak of anyway.

Besides, it is not in the nature of these occurances to be provable. You accept the story, or you don't.

A couple of years ago when I was a lurker here, I too was intrigued by the dancing cow thing.
I did some research and found a site (which is gone now of course)
named "I was chocoloco", it was about a guy who dressed in a homemade
cow suit and would wait for cars or walkers to pass by the field he was in and begin dancing his chocoloco dance.
He was quite amused when folks would stop and watch, but if they got too close he would slipa black covering over himself and run away so as not to be caught.
He was having great fun hearing the local legends begin to grow and circulate about it until some hunters decided it must be some alien or something and fired a couple of shots at him!
He retired from his nocturnal activities and came clean on the website because some cows had been shot by people thinking it was the chocoloco,
and he felt it had gone far enough.
I have searched for the website but it has disappeared in the last couple of years. I don't know what the name chocoloco meant but it was made up by the guy in the cow suit. He said that he only did it when he was extremely intoxicated.

You don't say where he was doing this cow dance, but "chocar" is Spanish, meaning "shock" in the "surprise and shock" sense, with a secondary meaning of coarse, crude, or disagreeable; and "loco" means "crazy," with (in rural areas of America, at least) a particular bias toward the kind of wild, uncontrollable behavior that sometimes comes over livestock; cf "loco weed" as a colloquial term for various toxic plants that cause grazers to behave in aberrant ways. So if he was doing this in northern Mexico or the America Southwest, "chocoloco" would be a logical as well as euphonious name for a dancing cow.

Lance_Boyle said:
He retired from his nocturnal activities and came clean on the website because some cows had been shot by people thinking it was the chocoloco,
and he felt it had gone far enough.

If I saw a dancing cow, my first instinct would not be to kill it. Honestly, some people.

The one I remember scarily, was about a young couple finishing up a renovation project which had been started by previous owners in a cottage in the middle of nowhere in Scotland. The cottage looked charming, but was haunted to the rim :shock: and the young couple, like the other previous owners had to flee in total terror. I think it was in Fortean times a few years back.

eris1369 said:
Same here, I'm glad I read that in daylight, with people around! One of my favorites is the dancing cow story, it's just too weird! Anyone remember that one?

oh yes, I remember that one all right ;)

The 2d "lolloping" stick man is an absolute classic (but disturbing) IHTM tale. 8)

There was one about some friendly muppet creatures coaxing a kid towards the TV when he was in bed as well, but they started getting a bit angry when he wouldn't approach them if I remember correctly...bloody scary! :shock:

Zoltar

Zoltar said:
The 2d "lolloping" stick man is an absolute classic (but disturbing) IHTM tale. 8)

There was one about some friendly muppet creatures coaxing a kid towards the TV when he was in bed as well, but they started getting a bit angry when he wouldn't approach them if I remember correctly...bloody scary! :shock:

Zoltar

The muppet story is from Brian Bethel;

http://www.ufofreeparanormal.com/storie ... hp?sid=653

Brrrrgh, that is so horrid! And a great reason not to have TV in the bedroom!

Thanks man. :D

Zoltar

Back