• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Are Your Favourite IHTM Stories?

Some people have accused Bethel of making up his stories ("Black-Eyed Kids" for instance), but I had a dream almost identical to the "Muppet Dream", and it took place at my grandparents' house, too. (And apparently before Bethel's -- in the mid-'sixties, before the Muppets had any individual personalities, like Grover). Back then the only time I saw Muppets was on the Ed Sullivan Show -- and they were often in bizarre and disturbing skits.

Anyway, my dream did, indeed, concern the TV coming on, and puppet-things appearing and wanting you to approach the screen. The background, as I recall, was a theatrical-stage-like area -- I always wondered what weird worlds lay behind those receding layers of curtains on a stage. After a few moments of evil groping and taunting from the screen, however, I simply woke up.

My grandparents' house, by the way, was an eerie, strangely constructed building that figured in almost every nightmare I've ever had. It may need a thread in and of itself!

One really should ask Joss Whedon where he got the idea for the "Smile Time" Angel episode. It's all a little too disturbingly similar....

Polterdog.

Back