• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Creature Is This?

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
If it is indeed a creature and not something CGI.

The part that strikes me as the most 'fake' is the blob at the top / far end that slides to the right. This sliding blob seems to be a separate object and not part of the heaving thing that covers it. When the thing pushes away from the surface there's no visible separate object between it and the surface.

The most interesting bit is one 'leg' on the left side whose end slides right (and the 'leg' bends) as the thing moves away from the surface. When the thing moves back closer to the surface this 'leg' straightens out again into its original position. This suggests the 'leg' isn't just a soft bungee-cord kind of object. This also indicates the 'legs' aren't strongly attached to the surface.

It's not clear to me whether the 'creature' is up in a corner where two walls meet at a ceiling or down on the floor.

The presence of a strong spotlight source (see its reflection) makes me think this isn't just a casual recording, done with a smartphone, of something somebody simply happened upon in an ordinary setting.

If it is indeed a creature and not something CGI.

That is a…

giphy.gif

maximus otter

I would say that this is not CGI, but a model easily faked by someone with good skills, or the adaption of a toy. The legs that don't move are the means of fixing to the wall. Movement either by clockwork or radio control.

Looks like someone glued a tortoise to the wall.

I would say that this is not CGI, but a model easily faked by someone with good skills, or the adaption of a toy. The legs that don't move are the means of fixing to the wall. Movement either by clockwork or radio control.

Given the limited and repetitive movement I immediately thought it might be something mechanical.

Back